American Idol finale: And the final Idol winner is Mileys mom Tish Cyrus confirms engagement to Prison Break vet Dominic Purcell, Stanley Tucci faced awful cancer treatment and hes grateful: I wouldnt be around, This Barbie is a Hollywood legend: Mattel debuts elegant Anna May Wong doll, Aerosmith is saying farewell with Peace Out tour, which hits L.A. in December. Fox says life with Parkinson's is 'getting harder': "I'm not gonna be 80'. She was part of our American Idol family and will be truly missed.. American Idol Contestant Hospitalized After Collapsing Onstage WebVisit The official American Idol online at ABC.com. ``Youve got a career ahead of you., RELATED: Sean Connery, the iconic James Bond actor, dead at 90, RELATED: Travis Roy, hockey player paralyzed 11 seconds into 1st college game, dies at 45. American Idol Alum Nikki McKibbin Dies at 42 - YouTube She ignored that advice and stuck with her original song choice, but to be fair, she did try to heed Adams instructions to be more angelic. And I think she did a solid job, leaning into her showgirl strengths while toning down some of her trademark razzle-dazzle pageant gimmicks. She loved so many of you and I know you loved her too.. "It's absolutely amazing news but I can't say I'm happy in this moment," a visibly upset Ronda replied candidly. The Scottish performer first burst onto the U.K.s national spotlight on the short-lived 2001 reality seriesPopstars, where he made a splash with his inventive, octave-leaping cover of Britney Spears Baby One More Time. At the time, judge Nigel Lythgoe labeled him a show-off for his theatrics, but Danesh pivoted after his elimination by auditioning for Pop Idol later that same year. I cant even hear myself talk! American Idol https://popculture.com/reality-tv/news/american-idol-contestants-died-over-years Wyatt Pike, right, duets with Ben Rector on American Idol on April 4. Willie Spence performs at Atlantas Symphony Hall in 2021. Americas Got Talent contestant Nightbirde dies after - CNN Even the king of unsubtle excess this weeks guest mentor, current Queen frontman Adam Lambert himself urged Nutsa to consider a different song that would showcase her softer side (assuming she has a softer side, that is). (Eric McCandless/ABC) Gift. Cause of death: Harris was 31 years old when he died after suffering cariac arrest. Katy agreed with Adams comments and said she wanted to see a little of an electric [element]. American Idol He was 23. She was part of our American Idol family and will be truly missed., A Towering, Terrifying Demon Horse Isnt Even the Weirdest Part, Man who lost wife, son in Texas mass shooting tells story, Gwyneth Paltrow denied attorneys' fees in ski crash lawsuit, 'Zombie' misinformation: 'Rape Day' hoax resurfaces on TikTok, 'Very homophobic': Teachers' union leader Randi Weingarten says House hearing crossed the line, Letter to editor: House bill aims to make voting more difficult, Vikings rookie QB: What to expect from Jaren Hall, Sayre pulls off stunning semis rally and rolls on to win All A Classic state baseball finals. 'American Idol' contestant Nikki McKibbin dies at age 42 The Texas singer appeared on American Idol in 2002, when the show started and became an instant hit. How Palm Springs ran out Black and Latino families to build a fantasy for rich, white people, Concertgoer lets out a loud full body orgasm while L.A. Phil plays Tchaikovskys 5th, 17 SoCal hiking trails that are blooming with wildflowers (but probably not for long! Canadian teen Tyson Venegas shines on American Idol stage ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) Nikki McKibbin, a singer from Texas best known for her third place finish in the first season of American Idol, has died. He was 41. The 17-year-old first wowed the judges with his In a statement, American Idol sent its condolences to McKibbin's family and friends. By the time he was finished, the sweet island crooner, who is quickly becoming the odds-on favorite to win Season 21, had the audience cheering so enthusiastically that Katys critique was barely audible above the din. Youre just Zachariah, and theres no one else like you, said Katy. She was taken to hospital and treated for dehydration. McKibbin finished third on the show that year, behind Justin Guarini and Kelly Clarkson, who won the competition. BBC music reporter Former American Idol contestant Nikki McKibbin has died in the US at the age of 42. Although Harris death was confirmed by a spokesperson for the Walker County Coroners Office, an official cause of death has not yet been released. Nolan Neal, 'AGT' & 'The Voice' contestant, dead at 41 - New York Temperatures stay in the 70s for much of this week! ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) Nikki McKibbin, a singer from Texas best known for her third place finish in the first season of American Idol, has died. Later in his career, Danesh was also a regular figure on the West End, starring as Billy Flynn in Chicago, Sky Masterson in Guys and Dolls and Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind. Idol God rest your soul, Willie. After telling Ronda she "crashed and burned," he started to give feedback to Funke, 28. (Robb Cohen / Invision / Associated Press), Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, American Idol was a game-changer in television and beyond. 'American Idol' Contestant Funke Lagoke Collapses On Stage In He was 41. Now, when I get on stage in front of these crowds, it doesnt matter if I have my eyes closed. You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times. Tributes have flooded in for former American Idol contestant, CJ Harris, who died on Monday (January 16) at the age of 31. But instead, this Southerner just went back to playing it safe with some Allman Brothers. Im having a lot more fun than I did on the TV show.. McKibbin, a singer from Texas best known for her third place finish in the first season of "American Idol," died Sunday, Nov. 1, 2020. A $300-million (minimum) gondola to Dodger Stadium? Hopefully winning a Grammy one day, thats where I see myself in five years. Web'American Idol' finalist Nikki McKibbin has died after suffering an aneurysm. Nutsa sticks to own song against mentor's advice, In Monday night's episode We want more big star out of you. Funke Lagoke performed a duet of "Tell Him" withfellow contestantRonda Felton during the Monday, March 22 episode. Want to know what everyone in the music business is talking about. She was 42. Show history: The Jasper, Alabama native competed on As for the two hours leading up to this double-elimination, Sundays episode was full of full-circle moments for Season 8 runner-up Lambert. Died: January 15, 2023. After the performance, the judges conferred privately, and cameras picked up some of their criticism, particularly from Katy Perry. That was a breakout performance, right there! And the distorted-faced Katy (whod look fabulous in a W Ani satin cape, just sayin) declared, You just turned this thing into a competition.. Rickey Smith. He was 31. The Texas singer appeared on American Idol in 2002, when the show started and became an instant hit. The naturally gifted Megan who Adam gushingly praised as having a bananas voice that makes the hairs on your arms stand up and is the reason why this show works was already delivering the raw goods during rehearsal. Tyson Venegas, a Canadian teen from Port Moody, B.C., has made it to the Top 12 on this season of American Idol. American Idol Darius was found unresponsive in bed in his apartment room in Rochester, Minnesota, on August 11 and was pronounced dead in the afternoon by the local medical examiners office. You just delivered the goods, and it was absolutely you, agreed Lionel. McKibbin appeared on American Idol in 2002, when the show started and became an instant hit. His debut single, In Love, was released in 2019. Viewers veto judges' votes on dj vu-inducing top 12 'American I know that was traumatic. Two Mississippi contestants survived Monday night's "American Idol" episode after viewers voted to keep them on the show as the Top 20 contestants were whittled down to the Top 12 following voting on Sunday night's live performances.Colin Stough, 18, of Gattman, and Zachariah Smith, 19, of Amory were among the Top 12 contestants revealed It wasnt at the level of Haley Reinhart, who had a breakthrough moment with this classic in Season 10, but it was still a moment. But W Ani is real outlier who could flip that whole script. Im so emotional about what you just did. Darius Campbell Danesh poses for a promotional photoshoot prior to the launch of his new single "Colourblind" at the London recording studio on July 28, 2002 in London. Just to know that so many people support me and enjoy what I do means more than anything in the world.. Pronstico local: Se esperan temperaturas en los 70 con tormentas aisladas esta semana, Sean Connery, the iconic James Bond actor, dead at 90, Travis Roy, hockey player paralyzed 11 seconds into 1st college game, dies at 45. She was so loved that I know thousands of you will be grieving with us, Sadler said. Former "American Idol" runner-up Willie Spence died after a car accident Tuesday, authorities said. You sound dope on it. Im glad that Zachariah, wearing a sequined blazer that looked like itd been nicked from Adams walk-in wardrobe, took this advice not just because Electric Light Orchestra isnt covered nearly enough on these talent shows, but because his Dont Bring Me Down really brought the mood up, up, up. 'American Idol' finalist dies in vehicle crash - ABC News Adam suggested a Stevie Wonder song for Tyson because theres a certain sweetness to this young pop crooner but interestingly, he left it up to Tyson to figure out exactly which tune. Adam called this cover a nice surprise, but I dont think Marybeths vocal ever reached to the bar set by the effervescent original (or matched the Dolly/Shania linedancing-queen glam she was rocking this evening, for that matter). Harris, who placed sixth on the shows 13th season in 2014, has passed away. McKibbins husband, Craig Sadler, confirmed her death in a Facebook post, saying that she had died after suffering a brain aneurysm on Wednesday and was taken off life support early Sunday. I think youre still in that growth stage, Katy said, wishing aloud that Colin had attacked the song more. Nikki McKibbin (season 1) Nikki McKibbin was part of the very first season of Americas Got Talent contestant Nightbirde dies after - CNN Willie Spence, a singer who placed second on American Idol in 2021, died in a car accident in Tennessee on Tuesday, according to multiple reports. I just want my voice to reach the world and share my gift, he told the judges at his Idol audition. Please bear with me as I respond to everyone's messages, calls & texts. All rights reserved. Digital Spy participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Based on Sundays performances, as well as this show's overall voting patterns which have favored male and folk/country/rock contestants, I think the singers most in danger are Marybeth Byrd, Haven Madison, Zachariah Smith, and Tyson Venegas. Ill miss your random phone calls asking for life advice and talking about the music world There are a lot of things I realize I will never understand you leaving us so soon is one of those things.. He was 23. The season 2 finalist was killed in a May 2016 car accident. Funke, whose initial audition had not been televised, also shared that she had received three stitches. Get exclusive videos, blogs, photos, cast bios, free episodes and more. You are the one, she said. But perhaps old-fashioned smarm n charm is this sweet kids sweet spot, because, as Luke and Katy observed, hed never seemed so comfortable onstage before. American Idol American Idol deaths: Full list of singers weve lost RELATED Former American Idol contestant C.J. 'American Idol' contestant Michael Johns dies "American Idol" contestant Michael Johns, who appeared in season 7 of the hit Fox singing competition and was Her husband did not say where she died. M Becker/American Idol 2008/Getty Images for FOX Michael Johns auditions for American Idol season 7 at Qualcomm Stadium on July 30, 2007 in San Diego, California. Haven Madison took the stage to sing a Bon Jovi classic, but many were dissatisfied with her "karaoke-like" performance, with many blaming her father for forcing his ambition onto American Idol Love y'all.". 'American Idol' runner-up Willie Spence dies at 23 after car crash In Monday night's episode (March 22), the singer had performed Barbara Streisand's 'Tell Him' with duets partner Ronda Felton and was in the middle of receiving feedback from judges Katy Perry, Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie when she fell to the floor face-first. Willie Spence, the American Idol runner-up in the 2021 Season 19 of the competition series, died Tuesday from injuries sustained in a car accident in Tennessee. Your source for entertainment news, celebrities, celeb news, and celebrity gossip. American Idol American Idol Because you have all the tools to turn into that.. ARLINGTON, Texas Nikki McKibbin, a singer from Texas best known for her third place finish in the first season of American Idol, has died. But this week, as Lucy, Nutsa, and the other remaining semifinalists returned to compete on Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Night, those two ladies found out they wont be in Idols Class of 2023. I dont have to keep a camera view. contestants Read all issues now with a 1-month free trial, only on Apple News+. April 12, 2021 at 11:41 p.m. EDT. Queen Charlotte review: A Bridgerton triumph, Michelle Yeoh stars in trailer for new Poirot film, EastEnders announces eating disorder story for Ben, I'm a Celebrity airs trial twist for new campers, American Idol controversy after Katy Perry's joke, Adam Lambert says ABC banned him for on-air kiss, American Idol confirms judge Katy Perry to return, American Idol contestant drops out of the show, Why Arthur Gunn dropped out of American Idol final, American Idol's future has been confirmed, American Idol axes star as racist video resurfaces, American Idol contestant collapses on stage after auditioning in front of judges, DIGITAL SPY, PART OF THE HEARST UK ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK. Updated Apr 23, 2023 at 11:21pm. Spence, 23, finished as runner-up to Chayce A 23-year-old from Grand Prairie, Texas, McKibbin impressed the judges with soulful performances of songs by Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks and a stirring cover of Alanna Myles song Black Velvet.. Christi Carras is an entertainment reporter at the Los Angeles Times. You walked out on this stage and took control.. Last week, Colin had a huge breakthrough covering Robyns Dancing on My Own, but that was just a victory-lap performance. Two Mississippi contestants survived Monday night's "American Idol" episode after viewers voted to keep them on the show as the Top 20 contestants were whittled Billboard is a part of Penske Media Corporation. TYSON VENEGAS, WARREN PEAY, HAVEN MADISON, LUCY LOVE, OLIVER STEELE, COLIN STOUGH, MARYBETH BYRD, W ANI, NUTSA, MEGAN DANIELLE, "What I was going to say is, we both feel you two deserve to go through. Ronda, the judgesand nearby medical professionals rushed to her aid, with Lukeremarking that the performer "busted her chin.". "Reality check: Out of 10,000 people, you are third. Darius Campbell Danesh, the Scottish singer who gained fame on the inaugural season of Pop Idol, died on Tuesday (Aug. 16). Fellow American Idol alum Katharine McPhee, who mentored and performed with Spence during Season 19, mourned the singer Tuesday on Instagram. What Adam Lambert told you was so right: You are the reason American Idol works, said a verge-of-tears Luke. C.J. The 38-year-old singer and her American Idol co-star Lionel Richie are both due to American Idol 2023 Billboard Media, LLC. As for Nutsa,she was alwaysalready so over-the-top, I feared that her covering Queens The Show Must Go On (another ironic song choice, considering its title), would just be way too much. Katy first wore the Elvis-style garment when she was a guest performer during Season 8, generating controversy and getting in "a little trouble" when viewers complained that she was "playing favorites" she was basically a walking billboard for her L.A. scene friend and would therefore sway the public vote. American Idol contestant Funke Lagoke passed out onstage during the March 22 episode, just as judges were about to reveal her future with the show. After the medical professionals took Funke off on a stretcher, Lionel walked over to Ronda and told her that both she and Funke would be continuing on in the competition. You are magic. This is not a time for tears, he told McKibbin. And once again, America had chosen to eliminate Lucy and Nutsa. BRENTWOOD, CALIFORNIA: The Top 12 of Season 21 of ' American Idol ' sang songs by performers inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 30, 2023. American Idol Singer Funke Lagoke was joined by her Sigh. Former American Idol finalist Willie Spence died Tuesday from injuries sustained in a car crash in Tennessee, according to Georgia news outlet Douglas Now. -- A finalist on American Idol has died in a vehicle crash in Tennessee. Lucy Love and Nutsa flank 'American Idol' Season 21 contestant Marybeth Byrd as they learn their fate. Katy Perry to be replaced by 'big-time star' on American Idol - Metro Harris, who competed on Season 13 and placed sixth overall, died Sunday at age 31 following a medical emergency, a Among the hopefuls was Tyson Venegas, who serenades judges Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, and Luke Bryan, to grab a spot in the Top 10. The crowd is saying it all for us, said Lionel. She loved so many of you and I know you loved her too.. 2 SC singers vie for spots in American Idol top 20 | The State I dont think Tyson chose badly here, but the issue with most Stevie songs is they tend to sound old-fashioned as opposed to timeless when done by anyone but Stevie. As Katy told her, The word nuts is in your name, and you will be Nutsa, forever and always.. Ditching the good-luck-charm guitar that belonged to his late father something that Luke called a huge step and brave thing, and Lionel said was important moment was a risk. Aug. 2, 2014. It was good, but not great, because it simply didnt have that element of surprise. We are devastated about the passing of our beloved American Idol family member, Willie Spence, read a statement on the American Idol Instagram page. What you just did will stand up in any room at the Grammys, any awards show Ive ever been to. Related: The Masked Dancer US reveals Exotic Bird as American Idol winner. Theres nothing we can say, that I can say. American Idol contestant collapses on stage in front of judges After finishing sixth on season 13 of Idol, Harris toured with the rest of the cast that summer. Haven Madison took the stage to sing a Bon Jovi classic, but many were dissatisfied with her "karaoke-like" performance, with many blaming her father for forcing his ambition onto his This was the big Zach attack Id been craving last week. After the first live coast-to-coast voting of Season 21 which host Ryan Seacrest said generated more than 22 million real-time votes America had spoken, once again, loud and clear. "Reality check: Out of 10,000 people, you are third. Before he could finish his first sentence to her, Funke collapsed face-first onstage. TMZ reportsHarris died on Sunday after suffering an apparent heart attack. "What an incredible journey this has been, McKibbin said before leaving the stage. Now that he was performing again for actual votes, I was hoping for another genre/gender-flip of a pop song how about some Madonna, Janet, or Whitney? Former American Idol finalist Nikki McKibbin dies American Idol showed off its new stage in Hollywood on Sunday night to celebrate the 21st season of the show. He was 41. Our hearts and prayers go out to her family and friends during this difficult time. But we are here for you and we're family. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Darius Campbell Danesh, his family said in a statement to the BBC. All Rights Reserved. Hollywood Week continued on "American Idol" Monday night, bringing plenty of duet drama and tense moments. But she got an A for effort, I guess. But no one could've predicted that Katy would run off the stage after hearing contestant Normandy s voice. Justin Timberlake shouldn't get credit for 'It's Gonna Be May' meme. The cause of his sudden death is unknown at this stage while medical examinations continue, the statement went on. American Idol Adam was bored with Olivers original acoustic arrangement of the Ray Charles classic, and wanted more edge and more of a journey. I do think the island/reggae vibes Oliver added to his final version livened things up a bit, but his performance was still too laid-back and safe. I grew up in the church, playing gospel music and singing in the choir. American Idol This was one of the most full-on rock n roll assaults in Idol history, right up there with Caleb Johnson doing Still of the Night, James Durbin doing You Got Another Thing Coming, or even Adam Lambert tearing into Zeps Whole Lotta Love. This was pure fire and pure theater, and W a huge Adam fan who seemed more excited than anyone else in the top 12 to work with him fulfilled her dream of making her mentor proud. Singer Nolan Neal who appeared on the competition shows Americas Got Talent and The Voice was found dead Monday. Heavy/ABC "American Idol" season 21's Top 20 is revealed. Having the most fun shed ever had onstage in her life, she delivered what Luke called the huge step-out moment of a massive star. Lionel added, You were ready for this!