I have med brown wood floors and i will do a white quartz countertop with white or off white subway tile as a backsplash.at least thats what I am thinking. Pale Oak is a soft white paint with warm taupe undertones. When it comes to flexibility, White Dove is the MOST flexible of the three, humouring a wide range of wall partners including many shades of beige, greige, gray and more colourful hues. Lori A. Sawaya - I need your help with BM Ballet White! :) - Houzz Hi!! Generally we would recommend a warmer white to go with an earthy color like Truffle. The TOP 3 WARM whites for walls, trims, cabinets & more. If you have better suggestions, I would love it! White Dove is softer looking than what builders USUALLY use on trims and doors. For a neutral color scheme, Ballet White pairs nicely with White Dove, a soft, creamy white paint color, and Pashmina, a greige sort of neutral paint color. If you WANT one white to enhance the undertones in another, then, by all means, choose different whites - I just don't recommend it. If your room is north-facing, the light can be blue, which gives your whites a blue cast. Hi Cathy, I don like it, its cold and depressing! A friend suggested SW White Duck for the walls, SW Greek Villa for trim, kitchen cabinets, and ceiling. This is whats keeping me from starting to use this colour. Like Ballet White, it will take on more of a gray look in dim or moring light, and more will look more beige with warm light. The living room has a cathedral ceiling and faces northeast. , Hi Lesa, Thanks, Hi Jeannie, The walls, trim and railings are all painted the SAME white (Sherwin Williams Pure White) and are only slightly different looking because of the change of sheen and positioning of the walls (shading on the ceiling for example). Beige is dingy looking and I want to brighten it up in the open concept kitchen/living room. We dont recommend matching paint colors to other manufacturers, especially whites. I definitely don't want to do the same Pure White on the walls. Hi Oh, and you will receive them tomorrow with $9 overnight shipping! I would like to brighten it up a little. For example, Benjamin Moore pairs Swiss Coffee with Nightfall, a nearly black paint color, and Mr. Rainier Gray, a blue-ish gray paint color with a bit of depth to it. Since then we have experimented a lot, including in my house. Looking at Sherwin Williams Drift if MistCity LoftWhite DuckShoji White or Aesthetic White?!?! Do you think that will work? Would you suggest lightening it by 25 or 50%? Ballet White is best classified as a cream paint color. White Dove is my favourite shade of white for walls. Now I wish my cabinets were Simply white. It puts it firmly in the off-white category of paint color. This photo was taken with natural light, and the shadows in the corners are minimal. Benjamin Moore's Linen White, one half of Kimille Taylor's go-to custom paint mix. 10 Best Neutral Paint Colors That Never Go Out of Style - The Spruce You have the best design blog on the whole internet! . Any thoughts between the three with Oxford White already in the mix?Or any other thoughts? Is it too creamy or yellow? So if I'm looking for a soft warm white, which one do you think I'll choose 99.9% of the time? Thanks, It doesnt come across as quite as light and airy as Ballet White does. One more thing we do not recommend that you try to paint match these Benjamin Moore paints with Sherwin-Williams, Behr, or any other manufacturer. Michelle. I wanted a light soft gray. Brown leather sofa with drift wood furniture and porcelain tile (that looks like a Med. Thanks, If you like the lighter gray, you can paint the couch wall to match the others. Your search stops here. Benjamin Moore Soft Chamois Colour Review by Claire Jefford It is an elegant and refined shade that can go about anywhere in the house. We dont recommend paint matching. While Im not sure if its the exact same one (as that was an image that Id used years ago that didnt have a home link), this one is pretty darned close! Read more about this color in our Snowfall White Color Review. Two large columns separating area also painted Simply White. And Swiss Coffee also leans warm with a creamy, cozy feel. White Dove. The crisper whites will be too harsh. Other similar colors in that family are BM Edgecomb Gray and BM Revere Pewter, but I cant make a specific recommendation to homeowners without photos. I thought a higher sheen would help bounce the light off and make it look brighter. I need some serious help!! Practically speaking, this means that Shoji White wont show up with quite as much creamy warmth as Ballet White. So they will look different on the wall. Very interesting post! We are building a new home and the kitchen cabinets are going to be cloud white. I painted the wood work gauze white what colour should i paint the walls north facing room, Hi Helen, For trim finish, Im a big satin fan with a matte wall. In fact, when looked at independent of other colours, many whites just look like plain old white! I live in a small condo with a galley kitchen (no window), we are painting all the cabinets, trim and doors throughout the unit. Michelle. Hi Jessica! For your ceilings you could do White Dove, White Dove reduced by 1/2 or just plain old White! She teaches art classes for adults and enjoys helping people discover their creativity. The walls are currently Believable Buff which is too gold for my taste. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Unfortunately due to the volume of questions I receive in a day, I refer most to my Online Consulting so I can take the time to look at photos, listen to your concerns and give you the best solutions possible. Our home is all neutrals, creams, ivory, whites, flax, grays, light blue, with Cambria Torquay counters. Its hard for me to say without seeing photos, I would encourage you to purchase a color consultation. Sounds like a lot of colors, right? Benjamin Moore Cloud White Color Review | The Color Concierge Its from Pottery Barn, and really reasonably priced. By all the rules of color consulting its not supposed to be so lovely. Love BM matte finish so much better. The kitchen countertop is Viatera Quartz (Rococosort of an eggshell white with light gray marbling) and the bathroom countertops are Carrara marble. Jeannie. While both these shades are off-whites, Ballet White has more depth to it. The new floors are a varied medium tone wood. Its hard to see whats happening without a photo, but I do have a couple of suggestions. The creamy gray undertone adds depth, and I love the way it looks when the. I submitted a previous comment but wanted to add that we are not keen on having gray interior wall colors. What about the ceilings? We dont recommend a monochromatic palette with Pale Oak as ceiling, wall, and trim color because it will look dingy. Swiss Coffee is less gray, lighter, and more yellow than Dove Wing. AD PRO spoke with 15 designers to find out which white paint colors rank among their faves. To much gray/yellow/green for me! I am Cloud White works well on cabinets and furniture and often suits some of the older granite countertops and finishes in homes from the 1990s. When I painted samples of each of them, I was seeing virtually exactly the same things you mentioned! I am looking to update the look and paint my walls and trim. Bringing just enough color to qualify as a neutral, but light enough to serve as an off-white, Ballet White gives you lots of options when it comes to style and palette choices. Hi! Thanks a bunch! Hi Michale, when it comes to whites, Im more inclined to use the SAME white and then let the change in sheens do the work for me! What would be two light colors i can put together to keep it calm with soft light. I have been reading through your website and LOVE both your decorating tips and insights, not to mention your sense of humour!! Hi Gail, This pale greige is another super-popular Benjamin Moore paint color. 2023 Kylie M. Interiors / All Rights Reserved / Website Design by. Im sorry! I am looking for a trim to stand out, in the Sherwin Williams family. Ballet White fills this living room with a warm glow. Hi Yvonne, I dont think White Dove will look silly at all and it will give you a lower contrast look than a standard white. Hi there! Your email address will not be published. Quartz countertops are LG Encore, which is a light cool gray with warm charcoal and white throughout the pattern. I just couldnt see a hint of gray in this color! Also do you think white dove would be nice as the ceiling and trim colours? As always, dont forget to test your paint colors! Hope that helps! The Best White Paint Colors - Southern Living document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn about Benjamin Moore Cloud White (OC-130) in this paint color review. Gray shutters take Ballet White in a cooler direction on this exterior. cloud white, Asked a lady at the BM store yesterday. If so which one? I think they are too far apart. Hi Amberly, I might actually hop over to SW and look at Pure White! Any idea where I could find that? Thanks so much. Its LRV of 83.16 puts it on the border between the off-whites and the true whites, and also makes it noticeably brighter than Ballet White. I would recommend a lighter creamy white or an off-white to pair with that complex cream. Hi I have a large living room that has walnut stain for the trim but my room can be dark at times because I have a porch off the room . Should I stick with the WHITE? Do you want to learn more about colour, either for your own home or your clients homes? Thank you so much!! BM Swiss Coffee (LRV=84) is also a great choice, and slightly warmer than White Dove. More than any other paint colour, white can be tricky because the undertones are subtle and hard to see with the bare eye. But, be aware that Ballet White will look a bit brighter outside, appearing more like a soft white than a true off-white. The baby blue sounds strange though. I put this color in one of my retail jobs, Industry West. Danielle Arps, founder, Dani Arps, The lace from which this paint took its name is, in fact, typically black. I am a fellow redhead . If you would like more detailed information, please order one of our online color consultations. Steam AF-15 by Benjamin Moore - Housekeeping Bay Its hard to say without seeing your colors. We would need more information to be able to give you a good recommendation. Thanks, Do I also use it on the ceiling? But with changing depth of colour it wont be as noticeable . Still working on wall color. Hey my Ginger friend! Thanks for your advice. We just bought our first house and are excited to redecorate. Im looking at repainting my trim and going my kitchen cabinets the same color. Your Guide to Using Chantilly Lace in 2023 (Plus Dupes!) Benjamin Moore Because whites are highly competitive with each other, if they have different undertones, or if one is white-white and the other has an undertone (which it will), they will go head-to-head and expose each other. Oh my trim is painted and caulk white my walls are painted in a beige tone I would like to paint my ceiling should I paint it in the cloud white or would you suggest something else, Hi Denise, Hi Judy, Hope that helps! Hopefully you can find what you need there! ~Kylie. Ballet white is a combo of yellow, black, and magenta. I have a TON of related articles if youd like to learn more! The trim on top of the kitchen cabinets is going to continue as the moulding into dining room. Hi Jackie, Now Dove White is a more subdued look for cabinets/trim/ceiling/etc (and Im wondering if you might mean White Dove?). It really is about finding a nice happy medium. The 8 Best Benjamin Moore White and Off-White Paint Colours, The Ultimate Guide to White Paint Colours. Our 5 Favorite Benjamin Moore Whites (and How to use them) I had my kitchen cabinets and family room built-ins painted a few years ago (SW Shoji White). I know your very busy with your business and this blog so I appreciate you taking the time to respond. The 5 WHITEST White Paint Colours. When you are covering a darker color, it can take 2 or even 3 coats. But it doesnt have to only be a backdrop: Some white paint colors turn an apartment into a blank page for a new story to be told, while others transform a room into a museum ready to display treasured art and design. We just painted our trim and doors cloud white and we are happy with it. This paint color is exceptional if you have lots of trees, shrubs, and greenery outside your window. Picked White Dove as a soft warm white to go through our house on trim and interior doors. Northern exposure. That could be very pretty, but make sure that you test, test, test your paint colors. Its warmth brings that welcome coziness that is just right for a space where loved ones will gather. https://www.instagram.com/p/BkkMqCZj6aC/Cheerful decor colors play up Ballet Whites warmer, off-white tones to make this bedroom cozy and cute. But before we get into the Wild World of White, I want to answer a question that Im asked ALL the time in my Online Colour Consulting. There is a lot of greenery outside. Well thank you! I hope that helps, good luck! For one, the LRVs are really similar - Swiss Coffee's is 84, just 2 point above (or closer to pure white than) Alabaster. Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore paint color decks. However I now need to choose a cabinet colour for the kitchen and I dont think its a good idea to paint the kitchen the same as everything else. I have a south facing room that gets light, but my first floor room (dining) gets only mostly indirect light as the neighbors house is close and tall, so it feels like a dark, low-level light, room most of the day. Required fields are marked *. We would love to help with an online color consult! It will make your trim stand out and will show up as a color on your walls. Basically, this tells us that Ballet White has been around for a long time. Which is a cold white. Black is ABSOLUTELY on trend, and I dont see it going anywhere anytime soon. One white will expose the undertones of another and you can easily have things clashing! This French country modern dining room uses ballet white to marry its elements together. Black trim sets off Ballet White on this ranch exterior. Light neutrals such as BM Classic Gray, BM Pale Oak, or BM White Duck read like creamy whites and should be paired with a lighter white ceiling and matching white trim for contrast. Hi Stacy, yes, thank you for letting me know I made that slip satin will be the same , I am looking to repaint the kitchen cabinets an off white. As for lightening/darkening again, it depends on your exposure. While Ballet White does have yellow in it, it also has a bit of gray in it that helps calm down the yellow. If youre looking for something a little creamier than a greige, thats still just as balanced, then youll want a ticket to this show! They can reflect the grass in your backyard or your neighbors red siding. Or can I paint just the trim and doors dove white to match cabinets and do a greige on the walls for contrast? That same coziness is also ideal for a snuggle-worthy bedroom. Hi Niki, My appliances are stainless but Im considering a white apron sink. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Michelle, I recently had our main floor painted and because we face north the grey took on a lot of blue. Thank you! The paint colors that you mentioned would be nice if your finishes are earthy. Ballet White is a light neutral thats suitable for use as an all-over wall color. Since Ballet White is a popular neutral, people tend to have a lot of questions about it. Im going to paint my whole bungalow white; ceiling, walls, trim, and baseboards. Since we published the post Our 5 Favorite Benjamin Moore Whites (and how to use them), we had lots of questions about white paint colors for dark rooms.