Our reputation for breeding dogs with great show attributes and personalities has helped us continue to do what we love. Hes very easy going, does not bark and licks my face when I pick him up. RECOMMENDED READING:It has become a norm to see dog breeders marketing their available litter thru websites, social media pages, and ads. Weekly grooming is needed with trimming of fur on feet ,beyond toe nails and back of legs. On top of everything, Salems Finest takes pride in its dedication to putting primacy to the health of the puppies they breed. Long Coated or Long Hair Chihuahua's can take up to 24 months of age to get their full coats. 10 Best Pitbull Breeders (2023): Our Top 10 Picks! Pups have a vet exam and health certificate at 9 weeks old! Home | Heart Of Texas Chihuahuas Full AKC is open for discussion with an approved application. Designed by Brislin Chihuahuas But, it does mean these little pups are more high-maintenance than their short-haired counterparts. We have long haired chihuahua puppies for sale, you can see if we have any puppies currently available. I would definitely encourage anyone thinking of getting a LHC to look into rescues 1st. Hi I have a 2 month old long haired chihuahua. Salems Finest AKC Chihuahuas Breeder Information and Details: RECOMMENDED:Male vs. Our Chihuahua puppies are for sale in a variety of colors and patterns. Pick-up can also be done if the buyer wants to personally fetch the puppy. Welcome to Lil Treasures Chihuahuas and Yorkshire Terriers, thank you for visiting our website! If you have any questions regarding the shipping or delivery of your puppy, please don't hesitate to ask. We are an AKC chihuahua breeder with small puppies and we have passed every AKC inspection with flying colors. He has two other dogs in the home(Sheltie and Pomeranian) and they sometimes step on him knocking him down but he doesnt seem to let this bother him. Same thing for a breeding between a longcoat and a smoothcoat, that carries the longcoat gene. ng at once in a while, so you can see the changes we have made. It is only by this time that the breeder has fully identified whether a puppy would be fit as a show dog or as a house companion. She can be a bit testy at times but she is a very loving little girl most the time. He is a good boy. Since 1992, this Chihuahua breeder has dedicated its efforts to enhance the temperament and physical conformation of their Chihuahuas. I have a long fur Chi Early socialization is done including potty training to help them easily acclimate to their new homes once adopted. Terlingua Chihuahuas Breeder Information and Details: Website: Terlingua Chihuahuas; Phone: 615-766-6201; Email: terlinguachi@gmail.com; Special Note: They also have a . I recently lost my 12 year old tan male long hair Chihuahua to enlarged heart. Brislin Chihuahuas aims to raise puppies with optimum soundness, well-balanced temperament, health, and appearance which adheres to the AKC standard. We provide AKC Chihuahua Puppies to PA, MD, VA, Washington DC, WV, OH, NY, NJ, DE, CT, RI, and nationwide! I have a 5 month old long haired chihuahua. We hope you enjoy viewing our fur-babies! I cant say it enough, but without Salsa, my LHC, I cant imagine life. This breeder has average-sized chihuahuas that are current on their shots and deworming. The Toltecs, who existed in what is now Mexico as early as the 9th century AD, possessed a breed of dog called the Techichi. We only breed purebred AKC Chihuahuas, no mixes! After the Puppy Ugly stage is done, the long hair Chihuahua will have its adult 2 coats of fur: undercoat and overcoat. Loves people and neighbor dogs. ", Click on the Available Chihuahua Puppies button to see our. Delivery is available with a pet nanny anywhere in the USA for an extra cost! They will still be a small dog that grows up to 15 inches and weighs between 3 and 6 pounds as an adult. We try and provide a vast amount of information on how to care for, groom, train, troubleshot and any other topic that could be helpful about Chihuahuas. Our dogs are part of our family and live in our home. Just as humans enter different stages of growth, this is a phase in which your long hair Chihuahua is losing its baby fur. I have taken him with me to socialize him but he is very scared. Upon completion of the transaction, the pedigree, AKC registry, and medical history of the puppy will be provided to the applicant along with the health guarantee. That seems to result in the most stress free existence for both of us. DJ Chihuahua. Due to their small size they arent ideally suited to homes with children, but they can make lovely family pets and first dogs for adult owners. Most pet shops are affiliated with puppy mills and the puppies produced from these facilities are not bred ethically. One of the few long hair breeds that don't need to go to the "beauty shop". cheap belgian malinois for sale; miniature pinscher for sale in louisiana; cavachons near jurong east; white cane corso puppies; golden retriever mix stay small; cane corso attacks owner; teacup chihuahua for sale in myrtle beach sc; mini australian shepherd breeders bay area Phone calls are by Appointment Only and only if you have submitted an application with us. He too growls at people. Boop is displaying similar behaviors & were bracing ourselves for the inevitable, & its sorta comforting to know that other folks are (darn near) on the same path as us (age, breed etc) & youve shed light on a few questions I had. We went for the best food available in our area, food like ZiwiPeak dry and Primal raw. You obviously have to groom him, but if hes more short-haired than long right now thats what hell always be. DS Darling AKC Long Hair Chihuahuas Oregon, How Much Does a Chihuahua Cost? In addition, weve also been chosen as the TOP CHIHUAHUA BREEDER IN TEXAS by PetChiDog, the #1 Chihuahua Info Site! However, if you want to verify their legitimacy, read our ultimate puppy buying guide for some proven tips on how to safely find a breeder online or how to find a puppy for sale while avoiding scams. The parents of the litters have medical certifications which clear them from genetic diseases, cardiovascular complications, orthopedic issues, and other common canine problems. This 20% will actually enter the stage during winter months and not have a full-blown phase; therefore not appearing to have this. It is non-refundable but transferable to other puppies. Wee Puppy Paws. The litters they produce all come from champion bloodlines and you can scan the pedigrees of their dogs on their website if you want proof. Some that you should watch out for include mitral valve disease and patent ductus arteriosus. This tiny breed has triangular ears and round eyes. As an adult he ended up with this fluffy flowy tail and soft main fur around his head and neck. If you landed on this page I can guess you either have a long haired chihuahua puppy or are thinking about finding a long haired chihuahua for sale. Leave the work to another breedthese pooches are here to be your best friend. sabonhomeblog | Long haired chihuahua puppies, Papillion puppies AKC Member of The Bred With Heart Program. All of these puppies will have the same temperaments, traits and characteristics. The applicant will have full access to these documents once the transaction is completed. We are Chihuahua breeders that strive to breed the very best with the purpose of acquiring our next show dog. Accelerate the elimination of puppy mills by empowering humane breeders and exposing those with inhumane operations. My youngest two (twins) are commonly found with a puppy in their laps while watching cartoons in the morning. This includes the pedigree of the Chihuahua puppy. Our mission is to take the uncertainty and headache out of finding the perfect puppy. Chihuahuas can come in any fur color, so your long-haired Chi can look quite different from another dog of the same breed! A trained eye can commonly spot the smoothcoats and the longcoats in a mixed litter. My advise is to NEVER hit or yell at your baby, it only scares them and they become afraid of you and your hands. Theyre an incredibly loyal breed and also very intelligent. He doesnt like men so much. She will use these the rest of he life. Teacup Chihuahua Puppies For Sale - AKC - Blue Chihuahua Breeder Today well help you decide whether your lifestyle, activity level and social life are a good fit for a long haired Chihuahua puppy. Woof Blitzer is 8 months old LHC and I found him in the alley behind my house. We thoroughly vet all breeders based on our 47 Breeder Standards. Our puppies are raised with the puppy culture philosophy! This is the main difference between long haired and short haired Chihuahuas. Neutering and spaying are also done for pet-quality puppies. Upon application, a deposit of $250 shall be made to secure a puppy under your name. You will want to be careful when you are brushing your dog; the skin that has little hair or is completely bald will be sensitive. We are the number one rated chihuahua breeder for the entire state of Texas. Long haired Chihuahuas are easily kept up with weekly brushing at home, make sure to use lukewarm water to wash them with a good quality shampoo & conditioner. No reservation will be made until the said week. Here at H&H Chihuahuas, we raise healthy and happy AKC chihuahuas. (Im waiting for her head to spin around like in The Exorcist.) Long Haired Chihuahua - A Complete Breed Guide | All Things Dogs Chihuahua Plush | Custom Chihuahua Stuffed Animals, Long Haired On the other hand, a deposit of $500 shall be made for puppies with a price above $1,000. Their breeding facility is located in the northwestern hills of Connecticut and covers 16 acres of land. You need to make sure you time and enough love and attention before considering buying one. The only problem I have is she is a poor eater!!! Our puppies come home-raised, pre-spoiled, and well-loved right from the start. Even though Chihuahuas are already small dogs, some people prefer them to be even smaller! Most of our chihuahua puppies have tried on tiny clothes from a young age and are accustomed to them, most of them love wearing adorable outfits! Retrospective Review of Congenital Heart Disease in 976 Dogs. Youve seen the rest, now come see the best! This lessens the hassle of newbie dog owners in preparing to welcome their newest family member. The undercoat will be short and thick, the overcoat will be longer, soft and gorgeous. Through the years we have watched as our litters have grown into great adult show dogs and family companions. We are life-long Chihuahua lovers and have been raising these beautiful dogs for many years. Chihuahuas make loving companions for childrenjust remember these dogs are super small, so handle with care! All of the puppies they sell come with a limited AKC registration and neuter/spay agreement. Skyline Chihuahua has a variety of puppies and specialize in both smooth and long coats. Upon completion of the transaction, the AKC registration paper, complete health records, and a health guarantee for one year will also be given. Off and on, ours lived with four other dogs and four much larger than him cats throughout the years. I have a gun shy dog and she is scared of everything. I have a rescue LHC @ 4.5lbs & shes the love of my life! Theres not a day that goes by now that I dont think how lucky we are to still have him around. Socialization early and often ensures they are confident, regardless . Aside from the puppy documents provided upon completion of the transaction, a starter puppy pack will also be given which includes puppy blankets, food, toys, collar, treats, and other pet accessories. The merles are a bit costly which starts at $3,500 as the base price. Occasionally, they offer both companions and show quality Chihuahua puppies. We have also certified our dogs patellas and hearts with the Orthopedic Foundation of Animals (OFA). Our chihuahua puppies are handled multiple times a day and are used to having their nails clipped and being held on their back, like a baby. Aside from the puppy cost, you will also need to consider the initial expenses in owning one. Describes my Chihuahuas and has photos of my dogs and puppies. Phone calls are by appointment only and only if application has been submitted. Their hair is always the longest by the ears, chest (like a lion mane), tail, and lower legs. Unfortunately, the breed is rumored to be aggressive, so many may avoid adopting a long haired Chihuahua. View Details. Required fields are marked *. Located in Anderson, South Carolina, you may either pick up your new puppy in person, or shipping is available with a Pet Nanny, we even deliver to Canada! She finely became paper trained which works well. Brislin Chihuahuas is proudly owned and located in Dunmore, Pennsylvania. Upon purchase, the complete health records of the puppy will be given along with a blanket with the scent of the mother and littermate, puppy food, and some chewing toys. It is important to also keep a close watch on your dogs dental hygiene. They both offer pet Chihuahuas and show dogs and you can choose between a smooth or long coat variety. He is stubborn but very very smart and very single minded Having said that He is the most loving and great dog I have every had. So, lets take a quick look at what you should expect. The veterinarian will not be able to stop this stage, nor should they! PetChiDog only awards one spot per state after a lengthy interview with the breeder, their vet, and associates. Have a good knowledge of the health problems long coat Chihuahua puppies may be prone to. The fur loss may be only on the legs, causing the dog to look a bit like a Poodle shaving gone awry. Long haired teacup Chihuahuas arent a separate breed. Dog Breeds. Lets look at some of the major issues long haired Chihuahuas can be prone to, and if there are any steps we can take to reduce the risks. She is a really good pup! I only recommend supplies I have personally used. There are plenty of other small breeds that you might want to consider instead. Baby Dogs. Izzys Chihuahuas Breeder Information and Details: RECOMMENDED:Merle Chihuahua: The Truth Behind This Unusually Colored Dog. Chihuahuas also have relatively low energy levels and exercise needs compared to some other breeds, although its important to note that all dogs need at least some exercise to stay healthy and happy. Address: 12569 W Skyline Pkwy, Duluth, MN 55810, United States. Tail Full and long (as a plume). We are consistently working on adding more info and more pages to the menu. A long haired Chi should have soft fur, that can be wavy or straight. Click to browse available Chihuahua puppies from 5 Star Breeders. Our dogs live in our home with us where they have plenty of room to explore their yard and home environment! Our Chihuahua puppies are raised in a loving, well socialized environment in our home. The end result was the sweetest, most living little companion ever. Id say what your dog has around 1 year is what hell have. Backyard breeders (or puppy mills) are typically amateur or professional breeders who prioritize breeding puppies for profit as opposed to pedigree, health, and adherence to breed standards. Cute Dogs. We breed both long and smooth coat Chihuahuas. Ive never had a Chihuahua before, so the attention she requires is different for me. Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease in Dogs: Does Size Matter? This website includes affiliate links. What a great dog, I had a 161/2 year old Rat Terrier that I just had to send to the rainbow bridge and wasnt planning on anymore dogs for a while, WOW did that change. What is the average long haired Chihuahua price? Brush carefully around those areas on your long hair Chihuahua. Ears Fringed. He was an applehead with black, tan, and white coloring absolutely adorable. Long Haired Chihuahua. You may, if your long hair Chihuahua is in the 20th percentile of Chis that do not appear to go through this stage. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Ive had her for 3mos, but shes been a total love muffin! American breeders then began to experiment in mating short haired varieties with longer-haired dogs such as the Pomeranian, Pekingese, Yorkshire Terrier and Papillion. As a standard, the puppies are regularly checked by a registered veterinarian. Performance & security by Cloudflare. Welcome to DJ Chihuahua and thank you for visiting our website! From the moment we spoke the level of professionalism and knowledge of there breeding was on point and exactly as they said. He is unable to jump or climb stairs anymore. At Lil Treasures, we breed for health, temperament, and conformation as we strive to better the breed. They also need plenty of small dog appropriate exercise or they will gain weight fast. All pictures and written material on this website are subject to copyright. Ive got a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Behaviour and Welfare and have several years experience working in animal shelters and rescues. Did your pup ever have another episode of this bizarre behavior? I completely understand! Bear with us as we are working on the Website right now. Contact Number: (617) 314-0523. Our main focus is to produce chihuahuas with excellent health, temperament, & conformation. This is important with this particular breed because early socialization will reduce the risk of aggression both towards people, and towards other dogs! The temperament and behavior of the puppies are also regularly monitored. I dont let children around him for fear. Dog Anatomy. April 2023-Views 199; $500 (Negotiable) Description; . It is soft and so heavenly smooth. Canines dont get any more portable than the Chihuahua. Its really weird. Imprinting and handling are of the utmost importance in this breed and we nurture these highly intelligent and sensitive animals with a foundation for success. We are the Walker family from Young Harris, Georgia. She had to have many teeth extracted after I got her six months ago. All in all, this will cost you a couple of hundred bucks every month. We adhere closely to breed standards and attempt to improve every mating. Oh my, I have a 10 month old and we have had her since she was 8 weeks and she gets so excited when I get home also!! He is not aggressive or mean Just a little angle. This will vary from dog to dog. The highest quality chihuahua puppies are going to come from loving homes where they are exposed to children & household noises. Im going to check w/the vet @ her next appt, but good to hear others sharing their stories too. Puppy Price and Cost of Raising. In the past, if there were no dog breeders near you, then youd need to drive all the way across the state to find a new best friend. The price range for their Chihuahua puppies is $2,000 to $6,000 depending on their quality and appearance. Their hair really doesnt grow much longer after a point. They can grow up to 15 inches tall, and will generally weigh between 3 and 6 pounds as an adult. Their focus is to breed Chihuahuas with excellent personality, conformation, and overall appearance. Please note that we are only in our office 1-2 days per week and do not process applications daily. 11 Important Facts About Long Haired Chihuahuas - I Love My Chi The Chihuahua breeder also has payment plans for their loyal customers and a hero discount for firefighters, veterans, military personnel, and police officers. Be sure to use a high quality dog fur conditioner, as this will help keep the skin soft as well. [3] It is usually kept as a companion animal or for showing . He was the most darling LHC and absolutely delightful. Our dogs' health and happiness are first and foremost. Although Chihuahuas are often seen as an aggressive breed, this isnt guaranteed. Our Chihuahua puppies have excellent temperaments, correct structure and are extremely well socialized in our homes! Guichons Chihuahuas that are sold come with limited AKC registration only. The answer is a huge NO! One of the few long hair breeds that dont need to go to the beauty shop. Feathering on feet and legs, pants on hind legs and large ruff on the neck desired and preferred. Neuronal Ceroid-Lipofuscinosis and Hydrocephalus in a Chihuahua. He is very protective and doesnt like men, AT ALL. Wont drink water from her water dish.. Wee Puppy Paws has been one of the best Chihuahua breeders in Florida for over a decade. These little dogs are also prone to a condition called hydrocephalus. Chihuahua | United States | Salem's Finest AKC Chihuahuas Home | Brislin Chihuahuas He loves to c6ddle. We have learned that the best socialization is to expose the pups at a young age, to things they may run across. To help prepare puppies for their new homes, socialization begins early for Salem's Finest Chihuahuas. Weve looked a bit at the general care that a long coat Chihuahua will need in terms of its overall health. It reminds me a bit of a cute gangly-looking teenager, for a bitbut not ugly. (Heavily fringed ears may be tipped slightly if due to the fringes and not to weak ear leather, never down.) How Can I Be Sure My Long Hair Chihuahua is Having Puppy Uglies? The pups are also complete with vaccination and preventive medications like deworming and flea and tick treatment. What's more, puppy price is even affected by the location and experience of the dog breeder. Offer shipping in the United States and Canada. Since their main focus is on producing top-quality standard Chihuahuas (especially long-coated ones), their puppies come from the bloodlines of champion dogs competing in different conformation events. We only work with Chihuahua breeders who pass our 47 breeder standards. He really had no health issues at all until he developed cataracts around 13 years old and his hearing started to follow. Beside the Puppy Uglies, fur loss can occur with the long hair Chihuahua from food or environmental allergies, thyroid problems and a host of other medical issues.