Henry T. Hicks was married to Ida Snelling. Antique Hick's Capudine For All Headaches, Cold, Gripp Medicine Bottle Hicks Capudine Liquid | Smithsonian American Women's History 9. It is a dug bottle with very light ground patina. African American History Curatorial Collective. Payments are requested within three (3) days after winning the item. A Mix - Ricks Bottle Room.com Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. in all items. Orange Smash Bottling Works - Timmins Ont bottle. - Brown bottle embossed with "Hicks Capudine for all headaches, colds, gripe, etc." Bottom embossed with "8,3 or C" Dimensions 6.75" H x 2" W x 11/8" D. Capudine Chemical Company Place Made United States: North Carolina, Raleigh Physical Description antipyrin, 15 grs. Antique-Inspired Apothecary Bottle - Capudine. Sometime after the Ball Mason. Orange Smash Bottling Works - Timmins Ont bottle. Capudine Bottle - Etsy Check out our capudine bottle selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods. West End Games Star Wars Figurines Jabba's Palace MISB, PARKER RIALTO FP In MATTE GREEN W M NIB (NEW!!! We may update this record based on further research and review. If you would like to know how you can use content on this page, see the Smithsonian's Terms of Use. I also have the sample version that CURES HEADACHES. View Etsys Privacy Policy. Learn more. This all ended with the invention of acetaminophen which cornered the headache market. Capudine was the second best selling headache remedy for decades reaching back to the 1890's. Glass Close. 3 Vintage Trial Size Medicine Bottles Hicks Capudine Bovox Foleys Kidney, Antique Embossed Amber HICKS CAPUDINE HEADACHES COLD GRIPP Quack Medicin, 2 Antique Hick's Capudine Amber Medicine Bottles, "HICKS CAPUDINE LIQUID" Raleigh N.C. Quack Medicine Bottle & Box 1920's, Antique Embossed Raleigh NC Medicine Bottle - Hicks' Capudine Stopper To. He had 2 stores in Raleigh and was recognized as a pioneer in the evolution of the modern drug store as we know it today according an article from the News and Observer from 1964. I'll combine items from multiple auctions, when possible, to reduce shipping costs. Antique Bottle AMBER HICK'S CAPUDINE FOR HEADACHES, COLDS, & GRIPP 1890' ANTIQUE HICK'S CAPUDINE 6in. Henry Hicks had two drug stores in Raleigh, North Carolina. This are 3 old amber hichs'capudine medicine bottles the bottles do not have any chips cracks or dings t are some nicks and scrathes one of them is a little hazy the sizes of the bottles are one is 7 inchs tall and 6 3/4 inchs tall and 3 1/4 inchs tall the two bigger bottles all four panels are indented the small one just the front panel the Public collections can be seen by the public, including other shoppers, and may show up in recommendations and other places. Need help identifying, dating and value of these bottles. Not good on knowing what things are worth, just happened to find that info. Sold Date Source eBay Antique Hicks' Capudine Bottle This listing is for an antique Hicks' Capudine "For All Headaches, Colds, Cripp, Etc." embossed amber bottle.Bottle still contains cork & liquid. Something went wrong. Please see my other listings. Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Im in the process of of cleaning these up and found a Hicks bottle, it says it was for headaches and cripp. Posted by 2 years ago. Henry Hicks' mansion still stands on Hillsboro Street, though, sadly, its grandiose porticoes have been long lost. The museum I work at has unearthed more than 150 Capudine bottles beneath an old rural general store we own. This includes gaining permissions, clearance, or rights to publish any content or images on eHive. D. Wilson. Collector's Encyclopedia Of Depression Glass 12th Ed. Crab Ashtrays Brass 3 Vintage Great For Collector Look! The center of the bottom has a circle and the capital letter A in it. Pricing & History. This is a picture of two Hicks bottles I have dug a few of. Capudine for Headache Brown Bottle 6" Condition: Used Price: US $12.99 Add to cart Best Offer: Make Offer Add to Watchlist Returns accepted Ships from United States Shipping: US $6.99Standard Shipping | See details Located in: Duncan, South Carolina, United States Delivery: Thu, Sep 1 Returns: William had three sons, William, Henry (who was my father) and Robert Lansing. HICKS CAPUDINE RX BOX & BOTTLE circa 1930 - 1946 7-93. Hicks Capudine Liquid | National Museum of American History Suzanne, My cousin just found one of these Hicks Capudine bottles she dug up in her backyard. I stumbled upon your comments in for search for cripp. . Accent with books atop a table or shelf, or feature a single flower inside. That being said, he sold an lot of this product over the years. Etsy Search for items or shops Close search Skip to Content Sign in 0 Cart Home Favorites Jewelry & Accessories Clothing & Shoes Home & Living These six brown bottles were dug from a marsh near Savannah, Ga. Five are embossed "Hicks' Capudine For Headaches" and one is plain, but the plain bottle looks like the others. We apologize for the interruption. are referring to called the "croup" ? If this item contains incorrect or inappropriate information please, Relevant If you require a personal response, please use ourContact page. Somehow, it was never corrected! It has CAPUDINE embossed on one side. Capudine Bottle - Etsy Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. Antique Bottle Medical Bottle Capudine amber $8.00 + $5.95 shipping 1890s amber Hicks' Capudine for all Headaches Colds Gripp Etc 7" Medicine Bottle $8.00 + $11.60 shipping Hover to zoom Image not available Have one to sell? Label is in very good condition. Is this common..? Henry Hicks mansion still stands on Hillsboro Street, though, sadly, its grandiose porticoes have been long lost. You've already signed up for some newsletters, but you haven't confirmed your address. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Hicks Capudine Bottle. Was able to hobble into the river, this weekend. . My in-laws built a home about 30 years ago and kept all the bottles they found on the property during the building for decoration. Sold for. Glass Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! 27. OA Boy Scouts T'Kope Kwiskwis Lodge 502 Flap Set, BLEACH Noren Door Curtain From Japan Official Byakuya. AMBER MEDICINE BOTTLE, Antique, Pre 1900, Medical Bottle, "hick's Capudine" Amber Glass, Early Amber "HICKS CAPUDINE FOR ALL HEADACHES, COLDS, CRIPPLE, ETC BOTTL, Antique Hick's Capudine Medicine Bottle - Original Label, Box And Conten, Hick's Capudine Embossed Medicine Bottle Headaches Colds & Cripp, American Glass, Stiegel, Blown Three-old Ohio And Midwestern, New Jersey, Hobbs, Brockunier & Co. Glass Identification And Value Guide, The World Of Salt Shakers With Current Values, Pairpoint Manufacturing Company: 1984 Cataloque Reprint, Collectible Glassware From 40's 50's 60's Second Edition, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Not good on knowing what things are worth, just happened to find that info. He invented Capudine around 1900. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. Embossing is on back of bottle and reads as CAPUDINE. Just purchased 5 of the capudine headache bottles at a flea market for $8 bucks. Try reloading. Glass Bottle is circa late 1800s. Part of My 40 Year Collection the bottle is with cork top opening. Click below to begin your paid subscription. Embossing is on back of bottle and reads as CAPUDINE. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. For further information see our copyright claims page. Capudine Chemical Company Search this Physical Description: antipyrin, 15 grs. British Airways Concorde Pewter Napkin Rings - Mint !!! I am Henry T. Hicks great-grandaughter. Hicks Capudine Bottle. Reddit - Dive into anything Please be patient with us and we will make sure you receive your item in a timely manner. Clown Mask / Horror Prop / Collectors Mask / Slipknot, PARIDES GUNDLACHIANUS FROM CUBA., Unmounted, Vintage Native American Indian Salish Basket Purse. SKU . Tends to reduce fever. Sale Price $6.99 $ 6.99 $ 7.77 Original Price $7. . Contact the Account Holder about copyright permissions (including ordering copies of content) or issues with the publication of the information or images on eHive. Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | 877.481.5750. This period in the US was very controversial regarding the promotion and sale of patent medicines without oversight or regulatory controls in place. William was my grandfather whom I never met, he died of TB in the late 40's. Articles, Victorian Brides Baskets: A Gift of Love and Luxury. The Hicks home was one of only 2 homes at the time to have an elevator in it. Hallmark Harry Potter School Days Mini Lunch Box Year 1 Sorcerer's Stone, Vintage Signed MARCOLIN Sweden Green Art Crystal ANGEL FISH PAPERWEIGHT, 4 Orrefors INTERMEZZO BLUE Teardrop Cobalt 7 3/4" Iced Tea Stemmed Glass, Vintage Antioch Quidditch Match Mary GrandPre Bookmark, 60s Riihimaki Riimimaen Lasi Oy Tamara Aladin Large Orange 1472 Vase Fin, Loot Crate Ravenclaw House Ghost Charm New Harry Potter Wizarding World, New Unopened Harry Potter Hufflepuff Yellow Scarf, Birthday Party Favor Papercraft Lot 10 Handmade Hogwarts Express Tickets. Just found a bottle of the capudine. Henry Hicks had two drug stores in Raleigh, North Carolina. Click below to begin your paid subscription. Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged. Uh oh, something went wrong. Product of Capudine chemical Co. Rawleigh NC, advertised in 1890's removed to several other cities, show last advertised NY 1984 to 1985(Garden City NY). Try using a different browser or disabling ad blockers. Capudine Chemical Company Description The indications or uses for this product as provided by the manufacturer are: For relief of pain and discomfort in simple headaches and neuralgia, muscular aches and pains, aching discomforts accompanying colds. Returns will only be accepted if the item you receive doesn't match the item in the listing. What exactly is Capudine? | Antique Bottles, Glass, Jars Online Community Learn more - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, about earning points with eBay Mastercard, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. Atwater Kent Type E2 Working Radio Speaker, Genesy Electric Lantern Co. Railroad Lamp, TORAH SCROLL BIBLE JUDAICA VELLUM Egypt 450 Yrs Old, Raytech Black Blazer Diamond Lapidary Saw Blade 6, 2 3/8 In ROSE QUARTZ CRYSTAL BALL SPHERE BRAZIL GIFT. Find out about our flat rate shipping. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Patent Medicine Hicks Capudine Liquid Embossed Bottle - Worthpoint Hicks Capudine Vintage Bottle - Etsy I believe many are marked with WT for Whitall Tatum, a company whose factories were located in Millville, NJ. Articles, Victorian Brides Baskets: A Gift of Love and Luxury. Capudine Chemical company was sold to another company in the 40's and remained a viable product to the market until the early 60's. They had two boys, William and Harry. Thanks for looking! . Start Free Trial or Sign In to see what it's worth. Antique Cure Bottle- Hicks' Capudine For Headaches- Amber Brown Medicine Vintage Bottle Collectible Apothecary- Medical 5 out of 5 stars (10.5k) $ 18.99. The bottle reads "capudine for headahe" still has the cork too. Thanks :) . Started researching and found this page about the history. General tips on identifying other common/worthless bottles: Any bottle with "WHEATON" on the base is a reproduction. Antique Bottle Collector's Haven - Sneaker Bar Detroit Antique HICK'S Headache LIQUID CAPUDINE Bottle Raleigh N.C. History on Hicks and his capudine can be found below. grolsch bottles worth Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vintage Capudine Medicine Bottle at the best online prices at eBay! About .5 inches deep. Found where one sold for $20.00 on line. The Hicks Capudine bottle is a common bottle, and although nice, not worth a lot. I'll combine items from multiple auctions, when possible, to reduce shipping costs. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. Thanks for viewing this item and please take a moment to browse my store. He invented Capudine around 1900. Find out about our flat rate shipping. We own a building in Guthrie Oklahoma that used to have a drug store. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. Rustic wedding bottle Rustic wedding decor Antique jar glass jar Victorian wedding Vase vintage glass bottle Old Glass Bottles Flower vase Ad vertisement by Cleopatravintage Cleopatravintage. TreasureGuide's Bottle Barn: Brown Hicks' Capudine Bottle. - Blogger We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. The larger bottle is embossed HICKS CAPUDINE FOR ALL HEADACHES, COLDS, INDEGESTION, ETC. Antique HICK'S Headache LIQUID CAPUDINE Bottle Raleigh N.C. This is a bright amber colored bottle that stands 6 3/4 inches tall. QUESTIONS. Any feedback would be appreciated. Capudine for Headache Brown Bottle 6" | eBay All of the bottles have iridescence and some white residue. Keep in mind that anyone can view public collectionsthey may also appear in recommendations and other places. Search instead for hicks capudine vintage bottle Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online. Vintage Capudine Medicine Bottle | eBay The contents of Hicks Capudine Liquid (Source: Smithsonian Institution, Collections Search Center) were: Washington, D.C. Email powered by MailChimp (Privacy Policy & Terms of Use), International Media Interoperability Framework. 6 Old Brown Mini Bottles HICKS CAPUDINE For Headaches - Worthpoint Articles, Victorian Brides Baskets: A Gift of Love and Luxury. Great! Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. I did not find any of them in Matt's Medicine price guide . 3 Vintage Trial Size Medicine Bottles Hicks Capudine Bovox Foleys Kidney, Antique Embossed Amber HICKS CAPUDINE HEADACHES COLD GRIPP Quack Medicin, 2 Antique Hick's Capudine Amber Medicine Bottles, Antique Bottle AMBER HICK'S CAPUDINE FOR HEADACHES, COLDS, & GRIPP 1890', ANTIQUE HICK'S CAPUDINE 6in. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. 1920's Hicks Capudine Bottle $ 10.00. . antipyrin, 15 grs. Tends to reduce fever. REGISTERED ONE PINT LIQUID, Vintage Scatterday's Soda Pop Bottle Pontiac Illinois, Lot Of 8 Hemingray 42 Glass Insulators Lot#12, Antique Dairy Bottle From Southern California, 3 VTG Wicker Chianti Bottles 1964 I. L. Ruffino, Cavib, Ruffino. Thanks for reading; I would be glad to fill in more blanks if there was any interest from someone. In 1912, the Hicks family moved into a 9 bedroom mansion at 327 Hillsborough Street in Raleigh. LOT of 4 NICE LATE 1800s/ EARLY 1900s AMBER 'HICKS' CAPUDINE' & Almost as common as the little Bromo Seltzers. Some minor staining and some tiny chips around the edges of the label. Ive never heard of cripp and thought it could have been a misprint for croup but wasnt sure. (I collect those too even though they're not valuable. Exactly as described. Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | 877.481.5750. Thank you. If you win multiple listings and want the items shipped together, please do not pay until I've sent an invoice with the combined amount. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs.