His grandfather is a guitarist and was a backup vocalist for Jay and the Americans. After Harlems Just Sam captured the American Idol title in May, Rubin brought another trophy home for New York as the first winner from Team Gwen Stefani, of course on The Voice. But because of COVID-19 protocols, he and his coach had to hold back from a big victory hug. He gained fame after he competed in the 19th season of the singing reality series, The Voice in 2020. . Carter Rubin has spent his early years in his hometown of Shoreham, where hes being raised by his father David and mother Alonna Rubin. Your email address will not be published. Carter began his journey on The Voice auditioning with Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi and getting both Gwen and John Legend to turn their chairs. Carter Rubin (NBC) . They were wearing Team Carter T-shirts and hanging up banners with my face on it, he said. Although he didnt get through to appear on TV, it didnt discourage him from continuing to pursue his dreams further. Here's his NBC bio: "Carter Rubin grew up in a musical family and was inspired by his grandfather, a guitarist and backup vocalist for Jay and the Americans. Nonbinary 'Yellowjackets' Star Liv Hewson Is Sitting out of Emmy Season Over Gendered Categories, 'Yellowjackets' Season 2 Episode 5 Recap: Digging the Antler Queen, Drew Barrymore Opens up About Up Close and Personal Interview Style: "I Feel This Magnetic Pull", Why Isn't 'The Drew Barrymore Show' on Today? Carter Rubin is an American singer and songwriter. By the time he won the show, he was 15, making him the youngest male singer to win The Voice. His Grandfather Was A Singer Carter's parents may not be musical people, but musical talent still runs in the family. . Talking about his family, Carter comes from a musical family, and his grandfather Ric Mango was a guitarist and backup vocalist for the band Jay and the Americans in the 1960s. Carter Rubin - Birthday Wiki Carter told the coaches he "couldn't do this without my family." Hometown: Shoreham, New York. John said, My heart is broken. The Untold Truth of Eric Chou. Who Is Carter Rubin, 'The Voice' 2020 Season 19 Finalist? Carter Rubin, 15, on defying bullies and winning 'The Voice' Carter's grandfather was an unofficial backup vocalist and guitarist for the Long Island rock group Jay and the Americans, who sang the hit . He is the youngest male contestant to win the show, while Brynn Cartelli broke the record as the youngest contestant to win in 2018 . He is, like, the most kind, positive, caring and loving person youll ever know, said Rubin, whose mom Alonna founded the charity Families in Arms to help parents with autistic children. 10 Things You Didnt Know about Carter Rubin, 10 Things You Didn't Know about Tyler Carter, 10 Things You Didn't Know about Carter Reum, 10 Things You Didn't Know about Freddy Carter, 10 Things You Didnt Know about Lauren Alaina, Dwayne Johnsons Heartfelt Video After Testing Positive for Coronavirus, The Reason Bill Murray and Harold Ramis Stopped Being Friends, Margaret Atwood Discusses How Donald Trump Helped The Handmaids Tale, 10 Things You Didnt Know about Kenny Leu, 10 Things You Didnt Know About Peter Outerbridge, Hugh Jackman Recalls Filming The Final Scene in Logan, Legendary Anime Evangelion Finishes its Rebuild, 10 Things You Didnt Know about Jesse Lee Soffer, Five Things We Learned from the Jim Varney AKA Ernest Documentary Trailer. [2] Empires' guitarist Marty Sanders (n Kupersmith) joined the group. His first post was on 2 October 2020 and as of Dec 2020, he only had 31 posts. Meet Carter Rubin of The Voice Season 19 | Idol Chatter & Voice Views Carter Rubin Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Age, Relationship, Height, Ethnicity Now I won The Voice, and I feel like this is where I belong, and Im thriving.. 691, This story has been shared 673 times. His mother was the founder and president of Families in Arms, Inc, a non-profit organization that raises money for the families of autistic children. Talent Recap is the only independent website that is exclusively dedicated to the fans of the most popular talent shows around the world. Stream It or Skip It: 'A Pinch of Portugal' on Hallmark, Where Heather Hemmens Accidentally Goes from Prep Chef to Celeb Chef, Stream It Or Skip It: Kiss, Kiss! on Netflix, a Polish Rom-Com With an Oogy Womanizer Protagonist. Its a really beautiful thing., 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Adam Levine shades Blake Sheltons exit from The Voice: Its about time!, Gwen Stefani has a mini-tour lined up. WATCH: 14 Yr old Carter Rubin Grandson of famous musician gets 2 chair Clock Ending Explained: Does Dianna Agron Die At the End? Carter began his journey on The Voice when he was 14, but his passion for singing started when he was just 7 years old. Carter Rubin grew up in a musical family and was inspired by his grandfather, a guitarist and backup vocalist for Jay and the Americans. Their initial line-up consisted of John "Jay" Traynor, Howie Kane (born Howard Kirschenbaum), Kenny Vance (born Kenneth Rosenberg) and Sandy Deanne (born Louis Sandy Yaguda), though their greatest success on the charts came after Traynor had been replaced as lead singer by Jay Black and Marty Sanders (born Martin . You have a really great voice, especially finding out that youre 14. He ended up feeling hella good about choosing the former No Doubt frontwoman: One thing Ive learned from her is that its OK to be myself because theres no one else like me and I have to own that.. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); Type above and press Enter to search. Stream It or Skip It: 'Spring Breakthrough' on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Proves We Need More Keesha Sharp, Stream It or Skip It: 'Hearts in the Game' on Hallmark Just Might Be the Network's Movie of the Year. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Read on to find out more about his unique path to stardom. His grandfather was a guitar player for the band Jay and the Americans in the 1960s. And he sang Lauren Daigles You Say. RELATED: VOICE JUDGES ARE SHOCKED THAT THIS SINGER IS ONLY 14 YEARS OLD [VIDEO]. Carter Rubin is an uprising young singer who rose into prominence for winning the 19th season of The Voice. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. A native of Shoreham, Carter Rubin is a 14-year-old American singer who is best known as a contestant on season 19 of The Voice. thousand of dollar. For the moment, still aged 16, Carter is concentrating on his high school studies, but no doubt with an eye on a career in the entertainment industry. Carter Rubin is a singer from Shoreham, New York who was a contestant on Season 19 of The Voice. He still lives with his family in Shoreham. And she just seems so sweet and so genuine and she really just kind of drew me to her.. [2] Other notable hits for Jay and the Americans were "Come a Little Bit Closer" in 1964, which hit #3,[2] and "Cara Mia" in 1965, which hit #4. How could we improve it? Parents. His grandfather was a guitar player for the band Jay and the Americans in the 1960s. In fact, his grandfather was the lead guitarist and backup vocalist of the band Jay and the Americans. Carter Rubin Net Worth They all really rallied behind me, and I could not be more grateful., The 10th-grader who will return to Shoreham-Wading River HS in January is also grateful for being artistic rather than athletic, even if he got bullied for it. ", Personality Crisis: One Night Only Finds Punk Pioneer David Johansen Recounting His Many Lives, Stream It Or Skip It: 'The Legacy of J Dilla' on FX/Hulu, Exploring The Life, Beats, And Career Of The Late Hip-Hop Hero, Stream It Or Skip It: Little Richard: I Am Everything on VOD, A Biodoc As Vibrant As Its Subject, Stream It Or Skip It: Dear Mama on FX, A Powerfully-Told Docuseries About The Life and Legacy of Tupac Shakur, Stream It Or Skip It: 'Peter Pan and Wendy' on Disney+, Director David Lowery's Lightly Visionary Disney Rehash, Where Was Peter Pan and Wendy Filmed? Having his birthday on the 11th of October, his zodiac sign was Libra. It's Me, Margaret' Streaming on HBO Max or Netflix? And his grandfather Ric Mango once sang with the 60s group Jay and the Americans (This Magic Moment). When it came to his gender, Carter Rubin was born a boy. He performed locally at venues including what was then the Westbury Music Fair and the summer concert series in Long Beach. All of the members moved on to solo musical careers, with the exception of Jay Black, who continued to perform as "Jay and the Americans",[6] using a variety of musicians. The Voice Season 19 Winner Makes History - Decider document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Thanks for contacting us. He would be the eventual season winner. Start Time, 'The Voice' 2023 Streaming Info, Stream It Or Skip It: 'American Idol' 2023 on ABC, Where The Veteran Singing Competition Returns With More Talent To Mine, 'Citadel' on Prime Video Review: Sleek, Sexy Storytelling Elevates This Shamelessly Fun Spy Drama, Egyptian Government Says Cleopatra Had "White Skin" In Response To Netflix Documentary Casting Controversy, James Corden Gets Hit by a Car While Yelling "I'm a Star" in Final 'Crosswalk the Musical'. Stream It Or Skip It: There There on Hulu, A Talky Compendium of Short Scenes with a Clever Visual Trick, Stream It Or Skip It: 'The Nurse' On Netflix, A Danish Drama About A New Nurse That Suspects That A Colleague Is Killing Patients, Stream It Or Skip It: 'One More Time' On Netflix, A Swedish Time Travel Comedy About Getting To Re-Live Your Best Day, PSA to David Bowie Fans, 'Moonage Daydream' Is Now Streaming on HBO, Joy Behar and Stanley Tucci Bond Over Italian Stereotypes on 'The View': "Innately Evil", Stream It Or Skip It: 'Secrets of the Elephants' on Disney+, a Typically Gorgeous and Informative Documentary Series, James Brolin Spooked by Son Josh's Nude Photo on 'The View': "Oh My God! After leaving the group, John Traynor recorded a handful of songs on the Coral label, including "I Rise, I Fall" in 1964. He currently stands at a height of 5ft 4ins (1.63m), while his weight is around 128lbs (58kgs). The original version of "Cara Mia" went to #1 in the Netherlands when it was re-released in 1980. Already an international star, he is currently pursuing his education from the Shoreham-Wading River High School along with building a career in the music industry. His grandfather's name is Ric Mango. Carter Rubin Wiki [The Voice], Bio, Age, Height, Net Worth, Brother What's 'The Voice' Season 19 Winner Carter Rubin Up to Now? Siblings. Their late-1968 Capitol LP, Island In The Sky a hybrid of Beach Boys and Beatlesque psych-popwas reissued in 2008 in the UK on Now Sounds.) Slacks and a public service announcement for the Ad Council, featuring a backing track by Brian Wilson and Phil Spector. And your tone is just piercing and brilliant and it just shimmers out there. John Legend commented. Shoreham teen Carter Rubin, who earned a place on pop star Gwen Stefani's team on the NBC singing competition "The Voice" Monday night, recalls that what he felt most . Traynor toured with Jay Siegel's Tokens[11] until shortly before his death on January 2, 2014. So, Carter started performing with his brother Jack for their familys foundation to raise awareness of autism. Carter Rubin Wiki, Career, Relationship, Nationality, Ethnicity . Well deserved. Blake versus Gwen! teased The Voice host Carson Daly. Many of his fans believe that he is too young to be romantically involved with anyone, and he is probably more focused on his future professional career rather than his love life. Jack. When Carter introduced his brother Jack to the coaches, he explained that he was diagnosed with autism at two years old. Carter's win is a historic one: At just 15 years old, he is the youngest male singer to ever win in the show's 19-season run. Carter's grandfather is a musician. its Season 19 winner, and the fan-favorite contestant had plenty to celebrate. So I have been picked on by other kids for being this different, unique individual.. He is on Team Gwen Stefani. Where is this person who was singing? coach Blake Shelton joked. While he may still be too young to drive, the teen prodigy said, I have kinda been singing forever. His experience opening for local bands, performing in LI restaurants and appearing in school productions helped prepare him for The Voice. Still, singing without an audience during this COVID-altered season wasnt easy. Jay (No. Carter Rubin Parents, Brother, and Grandfather Rubin has an older brother named Jack. What is Carter Rubin from The Voice doing now? Net Worth, Wiki His Blind Audition performance of Lewis Capaldi's "Before You Go" turned the chairs of both Stefani and John Legend. Ill let this one slide!" How to Watch the Live-Action 'Peter Pan'. Jay and the Americans are an American rock group who formed in the late 1950s. 10 Things You Didn't Know about Carter Rubin - tvovermind.com [8] Their show covers the history of Jay and The Americans, acknowledging all three Jays and featuring all of the top hits in their original arrangements. They perform together at their family's autism foundation, which surprises families with trips to amusement parks. Stream It Or Skip It: 'Citadel' On Prime Video, Where Two Spies Protect Humanity After Their Memories Were Wiped, 'Citadel' Stars Richard Madden and Priyanka Chopra Jonas Open Up About Their Scintillating Onscreen Energy: We "Bring Out the Best in Each Other", How to Watch 'Citadel' Premiere Online: Streaming Info, Time, Schedule, 'Succession': Tom and Shiv's "Bitey" Game is the Horniest, Most Effed Up Thing Theyve Done Yet, New Movies & Shows To Watch This Weekend: 'Peter Pan & Wendy' on Disney+ and More, Kieran Culkin Reveals Why Roman's Wife And Kid Vanished in 'Succession': "It Was a Little Disappointing", 'Succession' Season 4 Episode 5 Recap: "Kill List", Unidentical Twins: How the 'Dead Ringers' Show Differs from David Cronenberg's Movie, 'Dead Ringers' Episode 6 Recap: Born Again, 'Dead Ringers' Episode 5 Recap: Southern Hospitality, 'Dead Ringers' Episode 4 Recap: Mummy, Daddy, Look at Me, 'Sanditon' Stars Share Their Favorite Memories of Working on the 'Masterpiece' on PBS Hit, Rose Williams Did Her "Best" to Infuse Jane Austen's Legacy into 'Sanditon's Final Moments, 'Sanditon' Star Ben Lloyd-Hughes Reveals How Charlotte and Colbourne's Wedding is Tied to the Colin Firth 'Pride & Prejudice'. LI teen explains why he chose Team Gwen on 'The Voice' You probably do, but do you know much about him?, Paris Hilton is a woman we kind of all attribute to being part of the, Every once in a while an actor will get lucky and find a major opportunity. "The Reason for Living (For You My Darling)", This page was last edited on 28 April 2023, at 19:58. 348, This story has been shared 229 times. It sold over one million copies, and was awarded a gold disc by the R.I.A.A. [2] Their next singles failed to chart, and the band grew apart, but the demand for appearances remained. 10,448, This story has been shared 1,601 times. Carter Rubin, 'Voice' Season 19 Winner: Where Is He Now? - Heavy.com 'Citadel' Episode Guide: When Do New Episodes Premiere on Prime Video? From 1970 to 1971 Jay and the Americans' touring band included Walter Becker and Donald Fagen (of later Steely Dan fame) on backup bass guitar and electric organ.[5]. Jack is 19 years old as of 2020 and was diagnosed with autism when he was 2 years old. Carter Rubin was named The Voice Season 19 winner during Tuesday's live finale. When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. When John Legends contestant John Holiday was named the fifth-place finisher and Kelly Clarksons Desz and Blake Sheltons Ian Flanigan were announced in fourth- and third-place, respectively, it set up an epic battle between Stefani and Shelton, her fianc, as Rubin squared off against Jim Ranger, another of Sheltons competitors. How rich is he, as of now? The veteran must be proud of Carter's accomplishments. The amount of love and support Carter has gotten since his blind audition on The Voice isnt something hes taking for granted. Overnight, Carter's performance went viral, making him an instant front-runner in the competition. He then continued to perform at local events in New York, and eventually resolved to try his luck with another TV show. That doesnt mean hes a total rookie though. His grandfather was a guitarist and backup vocalist for Jay and the Americans. Carter was born and raised in Long Island, New York and he is very proud of his roots. A native of Shoreham, Carter Rubin is a 14-year-old American singer who is best known as a contestant on season 19 of The Voice. Information about his vital statistics, biceps size, and shoe size isnt available. All rights reserved. Model Yara Khmidan's Wiki Biography, age, height, Who is Joel Embiid's longtime girlfriend Anne de P What Tanner Fox is posting these days? In 2001, he was featured in the PBS special Rock, Rhythm, and Doo Wop as "Jay Black & The Americans". Hes continued to perform at local events in New York. You can follow Camille on Twitter @CamealAshley. He released his debut single entitled Horoscope, in October 2021, and shortly afterwards, he also released the music video for the song. Jay and the Americans - Wikipedia Hometown Fans Of LI Teen On 'The Voice' Wear 'Team Carter' Shirts [2], They recorded "Only in America", a song originally meant for The Drifters. Carter Rubin (The Voice) Weight Loss, Age, Wiki, Songs Coach, Net Worth [3], Soon they signed with United Artists Records. Meaning, as of now, he was 15 years of age. [7], In 2006, Jay Black filed for bankruptcy due to gambling debts, and his ownership of the name "Jay & The Americans" was sold by the bankruptcy trustee to Sandy Deanne (Yaguda), Black's former bandmate and original member of Jay & The Americans, for $100,000. To the youngest male winner on The Voiceever. He also fronted his own band. "I think I got the singing gene from him," Carter said on The Voice. Before appearing on The Voice, Carter had performed in Long Islands Sound of the Season series. 'The Voice' Season 19: And the Winner Is - thewrap.com ", FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the practices disclosed in our privacy policy. (adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle||[]).push({}); He holds American nationality, belongs to White Caucasian ethnic group, and is a Christian. After all, no one wants their child to grow up to be a starving artist. Carter Rubin Net Worth, Early Life, Parents, Siblings, Nationality, Ethnicity, Religion, Educational Background, About Rachael MacFarlane: Characters, Net Worth, Age, Spouse, What is Stepfanie Kramer doing now? He started singing at an early age. Born on October 11, 2005, Carter Rubin is a 15-year-old professional singer who belongs from Shoreham, located in Suffolk County, New York. Carter Rubin is quickly becoming the favorite to win season 19 of The Voice. John Mulaney Says He Turned Down 'The Daily Show' Hosting Gig After Jon Stewart Left "Big Shoes To Fill", Stream It Or Skip It: 'Welcome To Eden' Season 2 on Netflix, Where A Bunch Of Influencers Might Get Shot Into Space, Stream It Or Skip It: 'Fired on Mars' on HBO Max, An Adult Animation Comedy About A Guy Displaced At An Intergalactic Corporate Outpost, 11 Best New Shows on Netflix: April 2023's Top Upcoming Series to Watch, 11 Best New Movies on Netflix: April 2023's Freshest Films to Watch, 11 Best New Shows on Netflix: March 2023's Top Upcoming Series to Watch, 11 Best New Movies on Netflix: March 2023's Freshest Films to Watch, 11 Best New Shows on Netflix: February 2023's Top Upcoming Series to Watch, Celebrate May the Fourth With The 47 Best Star Wars Gifts for Super Fans, The Highly Anticipated 'Star Wars Jedi: Survivor' Is Now On Sale, Celebrate Mother's Day With Lovepop Cards From Her Favorite Fandoms, 'American Idol' Viewers Upset After Ryan Seacrest Makes "Brutal" Comments to Contestants: "Be More Considerate and Careful", Alyssa Farah Griffin Warns 'The View' Trump vs. Biden Repeat Will Be a "Rematch that Absolutely No One Wants". One contestant auditioning this week is 14-year-old Carter Rubin. Rubins mother is the founder and president of the autism advocacy group Families in Arms. His older brother Jack was also loved to sing and play music. One of The Voices judge, Kelly Clarkson, even said that with those dimples, Carter had one of the most beautiful smiles she had ever seen. The most important of Carters distinct features were the dimples on his cheeks. Exclusive: The Voice frontrunner Carter Rubin on why he feels like a "I think I got the singing gene from him . Although his parents were not musical, his grandfather and brother were. He said kids at school have picked on him for being different. I am a little different from the average teenage boy, so I would get picked on here and there, said Rubin, but Ive learned that being unique is not a bad thing. The contestant's grandfather was a backup vocalist and guitar player for the 1960s rock band, Jay and the Americans. Carter then chose to join Team Gwen, and thanks to his outstanding talent, he made it to the finale, and was eventually named winner of the season, becoming the youngest male winner of the show, and it was Gwens first and only win as a coach. Rubin auditioned with Lewis Capaldis song Before You Go and received two chair turns from Gwen and John Legend. Rubin is on team Gwen Stefani. We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. The label billed Traynor as "JAY formerly of Jay and the Americans." His grandfather's name is Ric Mango. Make sure to watch Carter Rubin perform in this weeks live show, where hell compete against artists from all four teams for a chance to continue in the competition for The Voice Season 19. Even though Jack is 19, Carter has said, I am the big brother in the relationship. He and Jack perform music together for their familys autism foundation, Families in Arms, which surprises families of children with autism with trips to amusement parks. Carter told Newsday that he auditioned for Americas Got Talent when he was 11 or 12 years old, but didnt get through. For his Knockouts performance, Carter Rubin chose to sing You Say by Lauren Daigle, which he related to his own experience. 5 Things You Need to Know About 'The Voice' Winner Carter Rubin Carter said he was inspired by his grandfather, a guitarist and backup singer for Jay and the Americans. The talented teen left judges impressed with his rendition of Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi. Streaming Schedule, Season 5, Part 2 Debut Info, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved, Adam Levine Throws Shade at Blake Shelton, Says It's "About Time" For Him to Exit 'The Voice', Jimmy Fallon's Prank on 'The Voice' Left Blake Shelton Saying, "You Can't Do That", What Time Is 'The Voice' On Tonight? 1,601, This story has been shared 1,527 times. Jack was diagnosed with autism when he was just 2-years-old. He represented team John Legend and was on his way to justify [], [] Also, Dont Miss:Carter Rubin Wiki: Age, Gender, Grandfather, The Voice []. But anyone who's seen him perform won't be surprised. Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the afterparty tonight!. Carter Rubin was born on 11 October 2005 under the zodiac sign of Libra, in Shoreham, New York State, USA. At just 15 years old, Rubin is the youngest male singer to win NBCs competition series, and his victory marked Gwen Stefanis first win since joining the show as a coach five seasons ago. Carter Rubin made history in December 2020 as one of the youngest contestants to ever . .css-2x3ibz{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;display:block;margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;font-family:Kepler,Helvetica,Arial,Serif;font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.2;font-weight:normal;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-2x3ibz:hover{color:link-hover;}}24 Celebrities Reveal Their Favorite Books, Here's the Most Haunted Place in Every State, Book to Movie Adaptations Coming Out in 2023, The Best Independent Bookstore in Every State, Get to Know HGTV Stars Dave and Jenny Marrs, See Kelly Reilly's Post About Yellowstone Co-Star, Read Erin Napier's Post about 'Home Town', Josh Hall Shares New Photos With Christina on IG, See Joanna Gaines from New York Appearance, See Elizabeth Olsen Stun Wearing a Lace Top. Carter told the coaches he couldnt do this without my family. His mom accompanied him to his audition, and his grandfather, father, and brother said hello to the coaches via video chat. Updated. [2] The single went to #6 in early 1969. In a statement, Jay and the Americans acknowledged that Black and the rest of the group had experienced "very contentious times" but that they respected the success that they achieved with Black as their lead singer.[13]. It was the third episode and Carter was the eighth contestant. Tierney McAfee is a freelance writer and Country Living and The Pioneer Woman contributor who covers entertainment,holiday & entertaining, food & drinks, design ideas, DIY, and more. He and his brother Jack have performed for their family's autism foundation, Families In Arms, which was established in honor of Jack. Carter Rubin (The Voice 2020 Winner) Bio, Age, Gender, Parents At just 15 years old, Rubin is the youngest male singer to win NBCs competition series, and his victory marked Gwen Stefanis first win since joining the show as a coach five seasons ago. While trying to convince Carter to accept to be on her team, Gwe told him; My son, hes 14 years old, so I could be like a mom figure for you because I am a mom so you could feel very comfortable around me. Porn to Be Wild: The Steamiest Movies on Showtime, Nick Cannon Rejoices in Cancellation of Jada Pinkett Smith's Red Table Talk: That Table Was Toxic, We Found The 'Kendall Jenner Starting 5' T-Shirt From 'The Kardashians' Trailer. You can view more details on Privacy and Policy. Credit: NBC / Tyler Golden. Carter Rubin NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images With his pure-toned pipes and dimpled charm, Rubin brought Stefani to tears when he sang "Rainbow Connection" in a moving performance that sent. 5 Things You Should Know About Carter Rubin, The Teen Who Just Won 'The For years,The Voices young contestants have captivated fans, and Rubin was no exception. "Congrats on the win @gwenstefani ! 1,527, This story has been shared 993 times. New Yorkers will be happy to know that Carter is one of their very own, and he plans to represent his home state to the best of his ability. Since Carter hasnt gone through puberty yet, his voice still has a high pitched quality that some may mistake for the voice of a woman. He is a member of Team Gwen. Associated With [citation needed], Until 2017, David Blatt continued to tour under his stage name, "Jay Black".