@Halo4ture Hello! CBYX aims to foster cultural understanding and diplomacy while also promoting the German and English languages. In the call, they said that the acceptance emails will go out Monday (or at least the first round). TheSagaofElison September 7, 2017, 2:20am #1. Join our growing network of 400+ verified schools, such as: CC helps schools connect with more best for students and increase enrolments. Hello! No. Hope to get to know you! I might have to ask yet another teacher then! shareezy April 5, 2012, 3:24pm #1. Not your State? Super long, but hopefully will be worth it in the end. @TheSagaofElison what do you think differentiates this program from going to Germany as a regular exchange program? From its inception in 2001, CCs mission has been to help students and families navigate the college admissions process, better understand their options, and make more informed decisions. Hi! Wow! WebIn-depth college and university profiles that provide admission stats, plus valuable info on student life, academics, cost and more. And let me tell you it has been one of the best decisions ever to apply. Hey guys I just found this. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. CBYX Acceptance Rate - What Are My Chances and Matches? MIT Chemical Engineering, Top 10 Reasons to Get a Sport Management Degree, Aged 15 to 18 on August 1 of the program departure year, A current high school student at the time of application, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, Interest in learning the German language (no German language study/knowledge is required to apply), Comply with U.S. Department of State eligibility policy for American Outbound Youth Programs (. Max is originally from Raleigh, North Carolina. Does any one plan to keep a blog if they get in? CBYX is committed to representing the vast diversity of the United States. This was mainly made to let us CBYX 2018-2019 hopefuls connect with each other and share posts, videos, and advice t College Confidential Forums CBYX 2018-2019!!! Apparently she has graduate studies and was really busy so she couldnt reply for a while. We strongly advise applicants and participants to have some knowledge of the German language prior to departure, but each year a number of participants begin the program speaking little to no German. So I am currently on program with CBYX (Im from NY with AFS). Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) offers ambitious high school students the chance to join an exchange program in Germany for 10 months. Placement decisions are based on a variety of factors, such as compatibility with potential living arrangements, participants career fields, and the programs aim to expose a diverse group of Americans to all regions of Germany. Participants must also bring spending money for the entire year; for the duration of the program, we recommend 400500 EUR per month. If there are any alumni lurking around for whatever reason, even if youre from NSLI-Y or another State Department program, please give us your advice! I am also from Maryland (AFS region) but I havent received my application results yet so just waiting it out. nice to see more people applying! Im rather curious, though, since youre home-schooled, who are you having write your teacher recommendations? Have you received an email yet? Yes. (If you have, you are only eligible for the F-1 program: Standard, Standard+, Choice, or Premier). CBYX - Reddit Im from Florida, though. Im from Texas, which is CIEE. Fiona graduated from Northeastern University with a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Political Science. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNUIBWOX_I0 Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale 4. Nyu 7 Year Dental Program Acceptance Rate, Mount Saint MaryS University Acceptance Rate, Southern California Institute of Architecture, University Of Idaho Law School Acceptance Rate, College-Conservatory Of Music Acceptance Rate. Apply I really hope I get it. So just like your favorite podcast, we rely on advertising and sponsorships. Reach out to our team to connect on partnership opportunities! We will send you a letter confirming your participation in the exchange and outlining the programs financial details. If you have a passion for learning languages and want to, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, For more information about the program visit, Congress-Bundestag Vocational Youth Exchange, Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange For Young Professionals, National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y), Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for High School Students. What state are you from? Hi!! I totally get what you mean by CBYX videos consuming your free time, during the summer, when I found out about the program, I once spent an entire day looking at CBYX stuff, playing advice videos while I read blog posts I have a mild problem, I admit that. Cant wait to talk to everyone!! In conclusion, really, you dont have too much to worry about! Here you can do things such as find application tips, talk to The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) scholarship is for motivated high school students who want to experience a culture and learn a language through a full immersion experience. Learn about German culture first-hand by living with a host family and attending a German high school. Embark on an adventure that is unlike any other. Simply put, a colleges acceptance rate is the rate at which applicants are accepted. WebThe Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program (CBYX) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Congress and German Bundestag If you are an educator and would like to refer a student from the YFU USA region to CBYX high school program, please click here. I hope youre all doing well. Im starting this forum so The CBYX high school program is currently accepting applications for the 2022-23 program for students in the YFU region! Im applying for CIEE Cbyx!! If you are an educator and would like to refer a student from the ASSE region to CBYX high school program, please click here. For my region, CIEE, our results on whether or not we became a finalist come out either today or through the 17th. What do you guys think of the application so far? Well one recommendation was submitted right in front of me, and the other teacher said he submitted it. (Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer) Undergraduate Graduate Engineering Business School Medical School Law School Postdoc & Non-Matriculated Special Registration Statuses for Graduate & Professional Students (Visiting Summer Session Hi! He managed U.S. operations at World Learning for nine years prior. Residents of the following regions will apply to CBYX through CIEE: AZ, CO, DC, FL, GA, KS, KY, MN, NC, NE, NM, OH, OK, SC, TX, UT, VA, WV, WY, and Puerto Rico. The CBYX high school program is currently accepting applications for the 2022-23 program for students in the CIEE region! Its important to note that the insurance only covers participants while they are in EU countries and excludes coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. College is a big investment. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. WebAn admission counselor will discuss the unique learning experiences available at USC, the undergraduate admission process, and a general overview of financial aid. Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange - Wikipedia Im applying through ASSE, Im a senior in HS right now so if I get in Ill take a gap year from university. If the salary or stipend provided does not cover these costs, it is possible that the participant will need to use some of this money to pay for them during the internship phase. This experience positively impacts students personal growth and ensures global mutual understanding through direct interaction with another culture. The CBYX high school program is administered regionally by four well-renowned international exchange organizations. Hey guys! I went to my middle school to talk to her and she submitted it in front of me so that was great! A participants ability to arrange an internship in Germany before the programs start by a specified deadline will be taken into account in the placement process. Additionally, Courtney lived with her family for a number of years during her formative years in Erlangen, Germany and Cheltenham, England. Participants occasionally reside in shared apartments or dorms for students. Through their volunteer work, they can better understand German society and contribute to it while making friends and advancing their careers. Unfortunately, my other form of recommendation isnt done yet. Cultural Vistas Europe is the programs administrative arm for the German component. It is calculated by dividing the number of accepted students by the number of total applicants. Any advice youre willing to give? WebU.S. Congrats! This money covers personal items, entertainment, and some food. Our team works to directly engage sponsors that add value to our community and users. Admissions Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. Participants undergo intensive language training with other international students from around the world and are placed at the appropriate level based on their entry-level German language proficiency and previous level of instruction. Faqrul Islam Zilanee (Zilan) is a Congress Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) program intern who primarily supports the programs inbound component. Claim your free account to keep your schools data up-to-date, verify your profile, reach families that are actively researching your college or university, and learn about our premium subscription model. If you are an educator and would like to refer a student from the CIEE region to CBYX high school program, please click here. Have you heard anything from CIEE yet? 250 American high school Its not unusual for German employers to view internships as more of a learning opportunity than a temporary position, so dont be surprised if you spend more time observing than working. The scholarship is earned in a competitive multi-stage process. Cbyx Acceptance Rate - EducationScientists Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange - Youth For Understanding U.S. citizens ages 15 to 18 years at the start of the program and currently enrolled in high school are eligible to apply.

I was wondering what the competition would be for CBYX's Study and Intern program in Germany. For around 250 American participants of the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange program (CBYX) who travel to Germany each year, this dream becomes reality. We welcome applicants that represent the diversity of the United States, including students with disabilities. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Hey! Participants are expected to enroll in a majority of German-taught courses to increase their vocabulary and practical knowledge in their field of study while applying for internships in the region where they will be placed. Her brief study abroad stints in Graz, Vienna, and Budapest for the purpose of completing her undergraduate thesis research and involvement in the High School Diplomats U S. participation in a high school exchange between Glauchau, Germany, and Lynchburg, Virginia, where she is from, and a student exchange program. I heard its extremely competitive there, in fact, the most competitive region. No, the teacher finally replied!

Id say just apply and go for it. Deciding on the best program for your child can be challenging. We want everyone to have access to timely information and tried-and-true advice to choose the right college. Email us: highschoolstudyabroad@americancouncils.org Call us: 1-800-380-6552, Monday-Friday, This money covers personal items, entertainment, and some food. NAFSA, the National Collegiate Honors Council, and the National Association of Fellowships Advisors are examples of professional affiliations. H. D. the George Washington Universitys Masters in International Education and a B A. in Government and German Studies from the University of Virginia. Seniors meeting this As the name might indicate, the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program (known in Germany as the Parlamentarisches Patenschafts-Programm or PPP) emphasizes learning about each countrys political life. Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals It does not include large purchases or travel. Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange | Reviews and Programs Webyour complete application to CBYX@nacelopendoor.org by January 15, 20. Jointly funded by the German Bundestag and the U.S. Congress, the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program (CBYX) is a full scholarship Hello! Courtney also supports the Congress-Bundestag/Bundesrat Staff Exchange (CBBSX) and the Congressional Internship Program (CIP). This was mainly made to let us CBYX 2018-2019 hopefuls connect with each other and share posts, videos, and advice that will help each other through the application process! She also studied for a semester in Lima, Peru. Email us: highschoolstudyabroad@americancouncils.org, Call us: 1-800-380-6552, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM 5:00 PM, Eastern Time, Ready to apply? The German Bundestag and the United States Congress have partnered to fund the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX). You got into CBYX through AFS? The program, which is jointly sponsored by the United States Congress and the German Bundestag, funds exchange programs for German and American students through grants to private exchan at the FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences. Unfortunately Im a senior who didnt discover these programs until this year, so Ill be applying for a gap year. Barefoot-Ben March 16, 2022, 2:49am #6. Most of them just have updates from when the person went and when they go back sadly. Max spent eight months in Regensburg, Germany, studying abroad during his junior year. Hey CBYX Applicants!! As an ASSE host family, you will embark on a year filled with love, laughter and learning. Not have previously received a J-1 or F-1 visa. Im sure youll do great. 250 students from across the USA are selected.

. im looking to connect with fellow applicants, so we can discuss the process together and meet other people applying for the program! If you are an educator and would like to refer a student from the AFS region to CBYX high school program, please click here. Study Abroad. The CBYX Enhancement Program was initiated in 2016 to provide German participants the opportunity to learn more about American Civil society and political life. I plan to apply next year and of course I'll do the best that I can with the essay questions and interview (if I make it that far), but I wanted to know how competitive it is from a general standpoint.

There is not really any information about the applicant pool, other than that only 75 get accepted.

From what I understand, it depends on the region (residence) of the applicant. Cbyx Young Professionals Acceptance Rate CONGRATS! Karen Koopmans, a sophomore at Midway ISD and daughter of Bonnie Phillips and Christopher Koopmans, has won a Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) scholarship valued at $10,000 to spend her junior year in Germany through the CIEE exchange program. Good luck! C. This is a U. S. Department of State grant-funded cultural exchange that promotes German-American relations and is predicated on participants returning to their home countries to share their experiences after the program is over. We encourage all Americans to apply, so that each CBYX cohort of citizen ambassadors reflects our nations diversity. The High School program is offered to Americans seeking to study in Germany and Germans seeking to study in the United States. A strategic campaign on CC can help you brand reach, engage and connect with our 12M unique annual college-bound families. This applies to both the language school and study phases. Articles full of tried-and-true admissions tips, insider advice on searching for schools, and college essay and test prep support. I just wanted to reach out to anybody Hi! Living expenses during the internship phase are typically covered by the salary if the internship offers a generous wage. I actually got in the first time I applied (sophomore year, two years ago) but decided to do something else and ended up not going. just verbal verification from teachers or did you verify in another way? She worked to maintain and expand the network of more than 250 Ashoka Fellows in the area at Ashoka in Mexico City. If you go on the general CBYX site, youll see applications are taken by different exchange organizations according to region. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWvOBqRwS8. My mother studied in Germany during her undergrad in college (not through CBYX, though) and its been my dream to study there ever since I was a kid. Department of State (NOFO) Wow! Because the CBYX program awards full scholarships to each qualifying student, the application and selection process is competitive, but well worth the extra effort. The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX, German name: Parlamentarisches Patenschafts-Programm or PPP) is a youth student exchange program founded in 1983. She is in charge of selecting, preparing, and sending American participants to Germany in this capacity. You must obtain insurance before leaving and once you get there. I am in the YFU area(Missiouri) and Im super nervous even though people say the competition is not that bad here. To begin or log-in to an existing application, please click. The German Bundestag and the United States Congress have partnered to fund the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) for Young Professionals. Thank you for asking! Applications will be available on the CBYX website starting in September. Md. What Do Acceptance Rates Really Mean If you get any random number calls this month try to answer them. Max is a substitute responsible officer (ARO) for the SEVIS, which is in charge of keeping track of the participant profiles for the CBYX program. The administering organizations choose all placements, including language school, city of permanent placement, institution of study, and housing arrangements. Its incredible to have this opportunity! He began his journey with Cultural Vistas in June 2022. Congratulations! Though there arent very many that are frequent. Read the Department of States commitment to diversity in exchange programs. They finish an internship in a German-speaking workplace starting in February or March, ideally at a business or organization that is directly related to their career field. Choose your student classification to find tuition rates. Comment your questions or concerns if youre applying, and your advice if youre an alum. idk. Explore Schools 10,000+ Articles full of tried-and-true admissions tips, insider advice on searching for schools, and college essay and test prep support. I dont know whether the exchange organization would give you that info or not.

I think OP is asking about CBYX as in the Young Professionals program so its different from the high school application/competition. Im a CBYX applicant in the FLAG region (southeast Texas) Hopefully I will be doing this program for my junior year! While College Confidential is always free for everyone, everywhere, it is not free for us to maintain and improve. Forum posts across thousands of topics related to college planning and selection, chances for admission, campus life and more. @TheSagaofElison The blogs too!! In the spirit of CBYX 2018-2019 applications now being open (Even though this happened a while ago; I was busy, please dont judge), I want to share some helpful application videos I found in the case you might have not seen them yet! He also spent a year there as a project officer. Participants in the business, engineering, technical, vocational, and agricultural fields would benefit most from the CBYX for Young Professionals, but applicants from all career fields who have some relevant experience in their field are encouraged to apply. Ive heard that competition is much greater for the east coast region than the Midwest for example. CONGRESS-BUNDESTAG YOUTH EXCHANGE (CBYX) Another CIEE region applicant here! Im still processing it, Jackie said. Did you guys send out teacher recommendations yet? CBYX To begin or log-in to an existing application, please click. The 75 participants internships and the businesses where they are completed are as diverse as the range of career fields they represent. What clothing brands were popular in the 50s? By improving not only their language skills, but also increasing their intercultural awareness, these students form a bridge of understanding between Germany and the United States and continue to strengthen ties between their two countries. To begin or log-in to an existing Daniel supports the team in recruiting and selecting American CBYX for Young Professionals for their year abroad as well as providing support services for German CBYX participants in the USA as Senior Director, CBYX and Transatlantic/University Partnerships. WebThe Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) for Young Professionals is a fellowship funded by the German Bundestag and U.S. Department of State, that annually provides For more information, please contact [emailprotected]. Im so sorry this is so late I honestly forgot to open up the website as Ive been busy, but I did make it as a finalist! Participants have had success in the past in obtaining a deferral based on financial hardship and through an Education Related Deferment Request, even though Cultural Vistas is not authorized to grant these deferrals itself. However, some participants do make arrangements to receive credit with their home institutions registrar or professors. S. Department of State and the German Bundestag Administration (WI4), respectively. Its taken all of my free time as of lately oops. Im an alumni from too many moons ago to say but I love that this program is still going strong today!! Waukon High School student Olivia Marti awarded scholarship to In his capacity as Senior Program Officer for CBYX and Transatlantic Exchanges, Colin Ackerman He supports various aspects of both inbound and outbound CBYX cohorts as well as recruiting initiatives in this role. Get your questions answered by an admission counselor. im a homeschooler applying in the AFS region (western MA) and hopefully will do this for my junior year. The AFS mission is to work toward a more just and peaceful world by providing international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities through a global volunteer partnership. Colin holds an M. A. in International Relations from Syracuse University and a B. Webin the three CBYX components: High School, Young Professionals, and Vocational. I sent mine out a week ago, and one of my teachers said yes, but the other hasnt responded :(. Along with overseeing the Beyond Washington (BWASH), Building a Diverse and Inclusive Culture of Remembrance (DAICOR), and Strong Cities Countering Violent Extremism (SCCVET) programs, he also co-manages the Beyond Washington program. Placements are made by our partner organization, which also considers factors like geographic diversity, the availability of suitable housing options, comparable educational and internship opportunities relevant to a participants field. I just wanted to reach out to anybody else who is a semifinalist. If you would like to read what alumni and current participants say about the impact this kind of exchange has had on them, please explore our sister programs: Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange & Study (YES) AbroadandNational Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y). It does not include large purchases or travel. Im northeast because Im from Maryland (AFS) and havent heard anything yet. Participants must also bring spending money for the entire year; for the duration of the program, we recommend 400500 EUR per month. Participants in Germany are guided by their regional representative, but are expected to take the lead in looking for internships. Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) Program | CIEE College Admissions. study-abroad. Attn: CBYX 120 Wall Street, 4th Floor New York, NY 10005 1-800-AFS-INFO x2161[email protected] More info: www.afsusa.org/cbyx, Your email address will not be published. Participants are placed throughout Germany. He is pursuing a degree in Global Business and Economics, B.A., as an undergraduate. I know someone who did application processing for Stanford and she said that the thing that colleges do is look for something that makes you stand out, and what better than a year abroad under one of the State Departments scholarship programs! He spent more than 20 years teaching German and teaching honors courses at UNLV and UNR before joining Cultural Vistas. CONGRESS-BUNDESTAG YOUTH EXCHANGE - Nacel Open Door Find out the impact of ECA exchange programs and initiatives in each U.S. state. The program year generally doesnt begin until September, but Cultural Vistas can help with securing a loan deferral due to financial hardship. All current high school students between the ages of 15 and 18.5 years old by August 1, 2023 are eligible to apply for CBYX. Each participant must be honest with themselves about their abilities and seize any opportunities that come their way. Im sure youll do great, not to mention I read a blog post of someone who was among a bunch of Texan applicant finalists, so Im quite sure that if you put in the effort, you will get in! Some participants may enroll in a Berufsschule (vocational school) or be assigned to a practical work setting during the study phase, depending on their field and how it is traditionally taught in Germany. I wish to you guys the best of luck!!! Learn how a CC Premium School Profile can help you elevate your college or university and expand your prospect pool. How many people get the CBYX scholarship? In addition, I literally called CBYX and asked them - and they said both were submitted!!! Residents of the following states will apply to CBYX through Youth For Understanding USA: AL, AR, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, MS, MO, TN, and WI. Access information on 3,800+ colleges and universities, planning tools, and a vibrant online community to guide you to the college experience of your dreams. S. International Visitor Leadership Programs (IVLP) sponsored by the Department of State in a variety of capacities. Admission Its so cool you already got in! Im not sure if its the same for AFS, but my region (CIEE) is sending out finalist notifications in early/mid-April. For more information, visit CBYX for Germans in the U. S. While it is the desire of the U. S. There is no official policy prohibiting former CBYX participants from participating in other Cultural Vistas programs, according to the State Departments Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), all participants will return to the United States to share what they have learned in Germany. (Ive heard they barely 50 applications in this region some years) any way hopefully I get in for my Junior year of high school. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Download the FLEX Abroad program brochure to share with your friends and school! My name is Haley, too! first question: wheres everyone from? Max earned a bachelors degree in Chemistry and German Studies from Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, in 2012. - College Confidential Forums. Rates Im not sure if all finalists are being called by their interviewers but mine said they wanted to make the acceptance more personal so this may be universal. CBYX-YP is a prestigious fellowship that provides 75 young professionals from the U.S. an opportunity to spend one year in Germany studying, interning, and living with hosts on a cultural immersion program. Im so glad to be able to talk to other people whore applying, this seems like a great opportunity! Web2023-2024 Program Fees and Terms. Which region are you?