WebNot sure, but have you already 'tagged' the card at the bus or fare gate? SamTrans Monthly passes are available only on Clipper and may be purchased between the 21st of the month prior month the pass is valid, until the 15th of the month the pass is valid. How can I set up my card to automatically reload? Day Pass AccumulatorThe Day Pass Accumulator feature ensures the Clipper cash rider will never pay more than the price of a Day Pass. Because the SFMTA is continuing to provide Muni service for essential travel during the coronavirus health emergency, we will not be issuing refunds for monthly passes. After that, Clipper will not charge you untilafteryou tag your card and load your pass on it. Please note that you cannot use your phone to unlock bikeshares. Try tagging your card again. Help | Clipper Clipper is the Bay Areas easiest way to pay for transit by bus, train or ferry. Get Clipper on Your Phone Learn More Log in to your account to add a Backup Payment method. After the end of the sales window, be prepared to pay your fares with cash value. The Metropolitan Transportation Commission, as a public agency responsible for Clipper, is committed to operating its programs and services in accordance with federal, state and local civil rights laws and regulations. Phone. We will send an email to confirm that you have updated information in your account. WebClipper cards are dispensed one card per transaction. Skip top navigation. The same Clipper card must be used when tagging from local to express routes. 2 Hours of FREE Transfers when you purchase a single-ride fare using Clipper. Clippers innovative pilot program offers fare discounts to adults with low incomes. The Clipper reader will be inside the door of a bus or streetcar; at the Muni or BART fare gates; on the Caltrain, SMART or VTA platform; or at the ferry terminal. Lost or stolen Day Passes or Monthly Passes shall not be replaced. Clipper It depends on how you buy your pass. Picking up your value means loading the value on your card after youve placed an online or phone order. The deadline to transition to Clipper for the 50,000 BART riders who have used EZ Rider cards for transit trips over the past few years has already been pushed back by more than two months, to mid-December, and now BART is concerned the 41,000 remaining EZ Rider account holders will experience an unpleasant surprise when the If you set it up for a pass, Clipper will automatically reload a new pass on your card when the old one expires. The Pay With This happens automatically, with no disruption in your ability to use Clipper. Youth and Senior/Disabled/Medicare riders who transfer from local to express service will not have a surcharge. I called Clipper, and after a 60-minute hold on a 75-minute estimated wait, the polite customer service rep started the process to restore the missing money, telling me, If you have no activity for six months, it gets deactivated., In a pandemic, with 90% of tech working from home, even the Clipper rep admitted to driving to work, because being on transit with other people is scary., Clippers terms state that after three years your card is inactive, but theres something weird about Undelivered Order Transaction ordering products or cash value that is not added to a Card for more than 180 days after payment has been received., Pardon my anger and incredulity: Clipper will abscond with my balance? I was charged the wrong fare. Go Pass on Clipper Program | Caltrain If Clipper determines This process may take up to 5 days if you are tagging only on a bus or light-rail vehicle. Muni Only "M" Pass: Provides unlimited rides on all Muni service, including cable cars. The most you can load online at any one time is $255. The SFMTA offers two types of monthly passes: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view Portable Document Format (PDF) files. MTC will provide funds for the two-year pilot program to transit agencies to offset the revenue impacts of the Clipper BayPass pilot. Card You will need to use this new email address the next time you log in to your online account. Golden Gate Ferry and Muni ticket machines only sell adult Clipper cards. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! This second phase of the pilot program will offer the pass, for purchase, to organizations which are interested in offering their employees an unlimited Bay Area transit pass. Clipper cards are accepted on BART, Caltrain, Muni, See the, To add a card to your Android phone, open Google Pay and click the + sign. To ride our world-famous cable cars using Clipper, buy a one, three or seven-day Visitor Passport for discounts on multi-day rides. Youth, seniors and riders with disabilities can receive reduced fares and access to discounted passes. Choose to stay logged in or to log out. It's simple, saves you money and you can start anytime of the year. Pay With Apply for your discounted card and save every time you ride. Opens in new window. Youth (18 years and younger Clipper can also be used to unlock Bay Wheels bike share bikes. Clipper You can add a backup credit card for Auto-Reload purchases, so if your primary funding source is declined, your order will be charged to your backup card. A Clipper card makes iteasy and affordableto ride VTA withfree two-hour transfers. Was I supposed to activate it somewhere? Accepted by all of the Bay Areas 20+ different transit agencies, your Clipper card holds cash value, WebKnown as the Clipper BayPass, the new passes initially will be distributed to participating students at San Francisco State University, San Jose State University, the University of Californias Berkeley campus and Santa Rosa Junior College, and then expanded to include residents of select affordable housing communities managed by MidPen Housing. What if Im having trouble using my Clipper card at a bike share station? It works like any other Clipper card. Per VTA Board Approved Fare Policy: No refunds shall be made for purchased passes. You can use Clipper cards on all Bay Area transit agencies. Dear Abby: Am I overreacting to my European daughter-in-law's behavior? You can also use it as a photo ID when paying with cash. What is the difference between a limited-use ticket and a Clipper card? For Caltrain and SMART, you can cancel your ride and get a full refund if you tag again at the same station within 15 minutes. Log in to your Clipper account to add backup payment. To add a card to your Android phone, open Google Pay and click the + sign. The Class Pass Program transports over 50,000 teachers and students during each school year. When you tag your card, the Clipper reader will display the fare you paid and your remaining balance or pass expiration date. I'd like to plan my visit to the Bay Area in advance. Otherwise, you will be logged out automatically. Request a replacement Go Pass using Option 2 on our Transit Pass Replacement form. When you board or tag on, you are charged the maximum fare, and when you tag off, the difference between the maximum fare and the fare you should pay is credited to your card. If you do not tag your card again until May 24, the new pass will be activated with a start date of May 24 and an expiration date 31 days from the start date. Caltrain - Clipper Tip: It takes 3-5 days (really) for | Facebook Have others had this problem with funds being frozen or seemingly disappearing from your Clipper card? A single beep and a green light means you paid for your ride. You can also use it as a photo ID when paying with cash. 2020, Metropolitan Transportation Commission. Select Clipper card and follow the instructions to add a card and load value. Your session is about to expire due to inactivity. With the card you can buy discounted VTA Senior/Disabled monthly passes using Clipper or load cash value onto the card. Phone: (510) 464-6435 You have up to 6 months to spend down your balance, so you can load the funds. Why wasnt I notified this would happen? BART trains operate on a tag and go system. If you are setting up automatic reloading (Auto-Reload) with a bank account, allow an additional 10 days for value to be available. WebTo add a card to your iPhone or Apple Watch, open the Apple Wallet app and click the plus + icon. I loaded value online, but when I tried to use my card, it wasnt there. hashblunt 5 yr. ago Hm true. Update your spam filter by adding custserv@clippercard.comto your list of approved email addresses. Select Clipper card and follow the instructions to add a card and load value. Once your Go Pass Provider enters your Clipper card serial number into Clipper's online portal, you must Once you convert your plastic card to the Clipper on Your Phone app, you will no longer be able to use your SmartPass or your plastic Clipper card for transit. Ask Amy: I put a security camera in my room, and what I saw was creepy, 'Total dominance': Steph Curry breaks NBA Game 7 record, leads Warriors over Kings, Ask Amy: My fiancee's family says I'm not invited, and she's going without me, Dear Abby: The reason her fiance hid his phone was something she never guessed, Harriette Cole: My friend's mom didn't recognize me at my job, and she was very rude, Kurtenbach: Game 7 is likely not win-or-go-home for the Warriors it's win-or-break-up, Warriors' Kerr reacts to Giannis' comments on success and failure: 'He's so right', Miss Manners: I don't want to hurt the bride, but I have qualms about the wedding, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. If you haven't reduced your balance by that time, the order will expire, and Clipper will return the value to your transit benefit provider. When I tag my card, what do the beeps and lights mean? If you know that your Clipper card is not damaged or defective, call Bay Wheels Opens in new window at 855.480.2453 to see if theres an issue with your account or an issue with the equipment at the bike share station. Scan your Clipper Card at the fare gate to pay your fare. Many transit agencies offer some type of 31-day pass for your convenience. See the Google Pay How-To page for more details. What does it mean to pick up my value and why do I have to wait to do it? Account Management For example, if you have an AC Transit 31-day pass that expires on May 12, the new pass will not become active until the first time the card is tagged AFTER May 12. Post your question about, but not limited to: visiting the city, moving to the city, nightlife, restaurants, transportation, lifestyle, culture, etc. Tip: Always Tag Your Clipper Card on Muni (Regardless Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. A group of 50,000 Bay Area students and residents have been invited to participate in the program, which will offer free access to all bus, rail and ferry services in the nine-county region. Yes. When loading cash value (between $20 and $255) and/or passes, you will be asked if you want to set up Auto-Reload. However, you will need to register your card as part of the process, if you havent already done so. How do I add value to a Clipper card on my phone? Youth, seniors, riders with disabilities or low incomes all get a break with reduced fares and discounted passes. If you add value to a plastic card using the Clipper app, it will take as long as a card normally does for the value to be available. BART's HVD tickets, which are good only for BART trips, give you a 6.25% discount: You pay $45 for $48 in value or pay $60 and receive $64 in value. Your Auto-Reload is now cancelled, but your online account will not reflect this until the next time you tag your card. All the orders placed on a given day are distributed that night through the Clipper system to built-in devices like fare gates, Clipper readers on train platforms and at ferry terminals, as well as to servers at bus yards. The other reason to tag off is to take advantage of eligible free or discounted rides when you transfer from one transit agency to another. Skip the side navigation menu and go to the main content. If you are setting up Auto-Reload for a transit pass for the first time, Clipper will charge your credit card or bank accountbeforemaking the pass available for you to pick up. How did $300 disappear from our Clipper cards?, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Total dominance: Steph Curry breaks NBA Game 7 record, leads Warriors over Kings, How did $300 disappear from our Clipper cards? Open the Clipper app and select the card you want to set up for Auto-Reload. To order a Clipper card, visit Get Card. Select Clipper card and follow the instructions to add a card and load value. *2 Hours of FREE Transfers when you purchase a single-ride fare using Clipper. Adult passengers traveling from a local bus to an Express bus will have to pay a surcharge of $2.50: Monthly passes are valid for the calendar month purchased. Hikers, joggers, bicyclists, skaters and wheelchair enjoy more than 350 miles of trails that circle the bay, MTC has helped bring over $4 billion to Bay Area transit agencies. Need a Youth or Senior Clipper card right away? What happens if my transit benefit order will exceed the $300 cash balance limit? If your card is found to be defective through no fault of your own and you have had it for less than a year, we will replace the defective card and restore your balance free of charge. Passes I have loaded a lot of money on a clipper card through the website months ago. Can I get reimbursed? Whether youre going to festivals, movies, parades or other leisure destinations, the 8-Hour Excursion Pass is your ticket to fun on Light Rail! If you used your old card with a transit benefit program, BART EZ Rider Parking or Bay Wheels, you will need to give that provider your new card serial number. WebRiders under age 65 with qualifying disabilities can apply for a Regional Transportation Connection (RTC) Clipper card. To use your plastic card, locate the Clipper reader and tag it by holding it flat against the Clipper logo. The following MTC programs are designed to ensure compliance: MTC is the transportation planning, financing and coordinating agency for the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area. Students at the pilot educational institutions will be contacted directly by their school to let them know that they are eligible for Clipper BayPass. Clipper Express bus fare is required for any trip that includes express service. Paratransit trips are not included in the Clipper BayPass program. You can avoid blocked cards by adding a Backup Payment method (credit/debit card) for Auto-Reload purchases. Select "Transit card" and "Add Clipper card". Monthly passes are available for purchase from the16thof the previous month through the15thof the pass month. 55-A West Santa Clara Street VTA's EZfare app has been replaced by the Bay Areas regional transit fare payment app,Clipper. Monthly passes are the most convenient way for regular customers to get unlimited access to Muni service, including cable cars, for a calendar month. Why not? No notice, even though they have my email? WebClipper is the all-in-one transit card used for contactless fare payments throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. When you tag and board SMART, your card will initially be charged the maximum SMART fare of $11.50. For more information, please contact Fares@vta.org. Violators are subject to fines and can lose their transit privileges. See the, You can add a Clipper card to your iPhone or Android phone: To add a card to your iPhone (or Apple Watch), open the Apple Wallet app and click the plus + icon. Fares | VTA WebClipper Clipper is the Bay Areas all-in-one reloadable transit card and the preferred way to pay AC Transit fares. A: You made me laugh, thanks! To apply for an RTC Clipper card, youll need to visit a participating transit agency location. and our After 6 months, youll need to call Clipper Customer Service at 877.878.8883 (TDD/TTY 711 or 800.735.2929) for assistance. It is accepted on all Bay Area public transit, including all Muni vehicles, BART, AC Transit, Caltrain, SamTrans, VTA, Golden Gate Transit and Ferry, San Francisco Bay Ferry and 14 other Bay Area transit services. How to Buy | SamTrans You can also stop at a transportation information booth to buy a card and load all types of value, including the Muni Visitor Passport good for 1, 3 or 7 days of unlimited rides on San Franciscos transit system. If you just want to take the bus, I believe that is free. This is just another barrier to transit: an opaque payment system. Clipper will charge the $5 Balance Restoration Fee and ask you to mail your card to Clipper. Log in to your Cilpper account with the email address we have on file and provide an updated email address. Visit a designated location with an accepted form of identification for a Youth or Senior Clipper card. Dear Abby: I have a great life, so why have I fallen into this shameful behavior? You'll need to verify your birth date with an accepted form of identification for a Youth or Senior Clipper card. Clipper cards can be reloaded online, at self-service machines in stations and at terminals, and in person at transit agency ticket offices and Clipper Customer Service Centers. They arenot31-day passes. Riders paying with AC Transits mobile payment platform don't need to pre-pay for a If a Clipper card is not used for six months, it can be deactivated. If you set up Auto-Reload for a Caltrain, Muni, VTA or SamTrans monthly pass, we can only automatically reload your new pass from the date your old pass expires to the end of the sales window for that pass. Select "Transit card" and "Add Clipper card". It works like any other Clipper card. The Bay Area Housing Finance Authoritys Business Plan aims to create bold, regional solutions to the Bay Areas housing challenges. Select your Clipper card and then choose an amount to add to your Clipper card, then select 'Add.' If you set up Auto-Reload for cash value, when your balance falls below $10, Clipper will automatically reload you card when you pay your next fare. Boarding with a Clipper Card Tag Clipper cards on the Clipper reader located next to the farebox. I'm visiting the Bay Area. Even if you plan to use a credit card that is already associated with your account, you need to re-enter your cards security code and select Save. My spouse, relative, or close friend needs help managing their registered Clipper card. Please first contact your institutions transit pass office (likely where you picked up your ID or Clipper Card). If you store your card in a wallet or near chip-based cards that use radio frequency information, remove it and tag it separately to the card reader. For example, a monthly pass for July is available for purchase from June16through July15. Clipper is the Bay Areas all-in-one transit card, with discounts for youth, seniors, people with disabilities and people with low incomes. This popular program allows teachers, grades K - 12, within Santa Clara County the opportunity to take their students on field trips traveling by VTA buses and light rail for free. Does VTA require and enforce proof of payment on light rail? Please visitThe ABCs of VTA's Class Pass Programfor more details on how to sign up. The reason for this has to do with how much space unused orders take on their computer system. Center your Apple Watch display over the "Tag Here" graphic on the screenyou might have to hold still or rotate your wrist to align the device properly. COPYRIGHT 2019 SANTA CLARA VALLEY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY (VTA). It can hold all transit passes, such as the SF University Pass for Muni, Higher Ed discount product for BART, Way2Go Pass for SanTrams or other products for all major Bay Area transit systems. We took that balance and put most of it onto our Clipper cards, for the day that we would once again ride the rails. If the balance on your card 6. Clipper Card 375 Beale Street, Suite 800 LhI6-DBnc*V6 TUkqdX}&0qX]=XMf.Kz/(& p Just load your Clipper card with cash, tag it upon boarding, and once youve paid the equivalent of a Day Pass, any further local ridesthat day will be free. New Clipper card app available for Express Fares are forExpress Bus routes only. Make sure you always have a current email address on file. Fares Fares After your second tag, the card reader will display a message that your initial tag was refunded. If you did not receive email notifications, we may not have the correct email address for you, or our email may have been blocked by a spam filter. Key Clipper information translated to Spanish. Scan this QR code to download the app now. Per VTA Board Approved Fare Policy: No refunds shall be made for purchased passes. Email: MEisema@bart.gov. But if a customer already has value on his/her card, that value should not be removed. WebYour Clipper card will not be returned to you. Transfer an existing plastic card to your phone. WebThe Go Pass is valid for the calendar year until Dec. 31 at midnight. This means we couldnt process your payment for automatic reloading. Me & My Car: 57 Chevy 150 could easily become a show model, Major crash closes stretch of Blacow Road in Fremont, San Jose: Officials ID woman who died following April 9 crash. No, transit agency ticket offices cannot load value to mobile phones at this time. If you still want to proceed, purchase a new Clipper card. Once one type of value is loaded onto the card, it cannot be converted or exchanged for a different type of value. A couple of things have to happen before you can use the value. While Clipper processes your cancellation request immediately, there is a slight delay in this information reaching card readers. WebWhat should I do if my card is lost or stolen? Once you have an active 31-day pass on your card, you can add up to three more passes to your card. Scratch-off design allows cardholder to select days of use. What's the difference between cash value and BART high-value discount (HVD) tickets? You will not necessarily be charged every time you tag, but it validates your fare and serves as your proof of payment, so be sure to tag on every time you board (you may need to tag off for some agencies). Re- funds are processed on a case-by-case basis, and all card cancellations require a $5 processing fee. For more information about eligibility, how to apply, how to renew and how attendant cards work, visit 511.org. Lost or stolen Day Passes or Monthly Passes will not be replaced. 7. Can I lend or give my EasyPass to a friend - AC Transit : Roadshow, Hands-free law means exactly what it says: Roadshow, Parents can be best (and toughest) teachers for new teen drivers: Roadshow, Why electric vehicles are better than hybrids at fighting climate change: Roadshow. All light rail passengers must have a valid fare before boarding light rail. If you already have a card, you can choose to set up Auto-Reload when you load value online. Can I get a refund for lost or stolen passes? The Day Pass Accumulator feature ensures the Clipper cash rider will never pay more than the price of a Day Pass. Can I set up Auto-Reload for cash value and a pass? SmartPass Overview | Associated Students - San Jose State University Several hours ago, Muni Diaries heard from the folks at Muni that anyone with a monthly pass isn't required to tag their card. Otherwise, you will be logged out automatically. On most buses and stand-alone readers, you will be shown the amount of your transactions and your balance (or expiration date of your pass). What is the best way to tag on the new Clipper card readers? Your Clipper Card must be tagged on the Clipper reader on the bus, station, dock, platform or with a transit agency staff member in order for your fare to be considered valid. Choose to stay logged in or to log out. San Francisco, CA 94105-2066, Main Phone Number: (415) 778-6700 Once approved, your Class Pass and trip itinerary will be sent to you 2 weeks prior to your scheduled trip. What if I buy a new 31-day pass before my current pass expires? This is done immediately with credit cards, but it can take up to 10 days if you are using a checking account as your payment method. Online, I can only see our last three months of transactions, and Im sure all $100 didnt go into two cable car rides and one bus trip. Call Clipper Customer Service at 877.878.8883, TDD/TTY 711 or 800.735.2929, to request reimbursement of any cash fares you feel have been mistakenly charged to your card. Otherwise, you will be logged out automatically. Copyright 2023Metropolitan Transportation Commission. Huh? Clipper says it does not take funds away, even if the card goes unused for years. Yours is the first email Ive gotten on this issue. Select "Add money" and follow the steps to continue purchasing a card and adding value to it. Pay, Get Cable Car Tickets the Easy Coins You can use any U.S. coin up to $1.00 in value. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Just load your Hold it flat against the Clipper logo on the Clipper reader until you hear it beep or the BART fare gate displays \OK\. Using this contactless payment option, riders can enjoy discounts on single ride fares and Day passes, as well as get exclusive access to Gary Richards has covered traffic and transportation in the Bay Area as Mr. Roadshow since 1992. For questions about Clipper BayPass policy and program management, please contact: William Bacon, MTC Youth, seniors and riders with disabilities can receive reduced fares and passes with a discount Clipper card. How does autoload work and how do I sign up for it for my To provide payment, log in to your Clipper account and edit the payment information in My Profile. It currently shows I have the amount in the The Clipper card is a convenient and secure way to manage your Bay Area transit fares and transfers in an easy-to-use, all-in-one, reloadable card. If you are setting up Auto-Reload for cash value or BART high-value discount tickets, Clipper wont charge your credit card or bank account until you tag your Clipper card to a card reader and load the value. Clipper Cancellation Form Learn more about Clipper, including how to get and use your card. See download files info to view Comma Separated Value (CSV) files.