All my friends from school showed up and even some girls from soccer who go to other schools. teachers, coaches, staff, and administration at our school support our students and see our alumni strive and reach for this noble portrait. It felt weird hearing that from both of my toughest friends. A vacuum cleaner sat idly inside the front door. I enjoy expanding my knowledge of botany, the Bible, ancient history, and teaching methods that increase student engagement and learning. 'Above and beyond'Nashville police moved fast, saved lives in Covenant shooting, experts say. Miss Iglesias graduated from Wheaton College with a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education and Spanish. Ashley received her PhD in development economics with the Best Dissertation Award from Purdue University, where she also earned her masters and bachelors degrees. Mrs. Santucci graduated from North Central College with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and a minor in Computer Science. On March 27, in my home town of Nashville, Tennessee, there A mass shooting at The Covenant School in Nashville, Tennessee, killed six people on March 27. Stay up to date with what you want to know. All rights reserved. If youre thinking of altering your workout routine, youre probably looking for new exercises and equipment to help you reach your fitness goals. A white Metro Nashville squad car labeled 9088BB carrying Officer Rex Engelbert stopped in front of The Covenant School at 10:21 a.m. From the radio, Engelbert heard: "Just got an update. Blessings to each of ", "Keep us safe. Keep us safe. Keep us safe. He has an MBA from The University of Texas at Austin. Who apparently don't care. Sign up for Latino Tennessee Voices newsletter:Read compelling stories for and with the Latino community in Tennessee. It was our normal day after hound dog run, eating lunch and talking with our friends at the table. Nathaniel has attended Covenant since kindergarten. Mr. Kelly joined Covenant in 2021. When Lochlan Cook goes into a classroom for the first time, he quickly decides whether running or hiding is the best option if a shooter attacks. On March 27, in my home town of Nashville, Tennessee, there was a school shooting at The Covenant School in Green Hills. "We met the sweetest little angels on our tour of Covenant Classical School, which led to our best decision of sending our kids here. The Covenant community is like family! A Word from Mrs. Van Regenmorter However, to be considered in the first round ofdecisions, applications must be received by January 15. The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. They gave the all clear sign. Covenant Day School I pray God keeps and covers you.". He went on to receive a Master of Arts in the History of Philosophy from Marquette University (Wisconsin), and a Master of Philosophy in Ancient and Medieval Philosophy from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), and a Ph.D. in Medieval Philosophy from Loyola University in Chicago. The firefighters came out to talk to the principal. It was founded in 2001 as a ministry of Nashville's Covenant Presbyterian Church, a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America; its enrollment is about 200 students. "You are so afraid of all the wrong things. I'm not sure who would be packing, whose job it is for security," the woman said, according to The Tennessean. Dr. Stoner joined Covenant in 2017. account_circle Log In District Code: Username: Password: Forgot Password? Our faculty and staff are an integral part of creating a lifelong love of learning in our students. Mrs. Colvin joined Covenant in 2022. View Chris Hempe's colleagues in Covenant Day School Employee Directory. ", 'It felt like stalkerish behavior'Nashville school shooter was obsessive about former middle school basketball team. I'm only 9-years-old. Theres some unity in todays strange emotions. I was a little disappointed to not represent my class this year but was proud and excited for her and all of us when she ended up winning the race for the whole third grade girls group. Our current half-day program includes approximately 160 families and 40 staff members. Mentions lgales High School Guidance & College Counseling. Cassandra Stephenson contributed to this story. I realized that night that we were the lucky ones. This spring, Le Creuset has introduced an exciting new shade thats already selling fast: shallot, a soft lavender with pink and slight gray undertones. Caroline Jones went to the University of Michigan to study English and Violin Performance. Editor's note: This story is based on interviews, police accounts, 911 call recordings and a detailed review of surveillance video and body camera footage. The wailing alarm had now been joined by a shrill, bleating second alarm sound. GET YOUR HAND AWAY FROM THE GUN.". Home - Covenant Classical School ?, She said: Were gonna be ok. Our class is constantly finding connections between our topics of study. Children's watercolor paintings on blueconstruction paper hung on the wall. The weapon was designed to fit inside a backpack or a shoulder bag. We teach what we teach--biology, algebra, Latin, all of it--because through it we hope to make our young people more curious, more virtuous, and more equipped to lead a full life. Its hard catching up with me! There was furniture in the room, and a bookcase, but Hale didn't use any of them for cover. We all stood up so fast like our lives depended on it. Josh Fogarty is a Nurse Anesthetist at Loretto Hospital in Chicago IL. A decorative blue and white ringed life preserver hung on the wall outside Mrs. "It's upstairs," he said. Miss Eekhoff graduated from Dordt College with a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education and went on to earn a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction. L'acception des cookies permettra la lecture et l'analyse des informations ainsi que le bon fonctionnement des technologies associes. Covenant is truly a community rooted in grace and joy. A Word from Mrs. Fuzak The desks were in rows, and there was no sign of distress anywhere unless you count the absence of children. He received his Master's Degree in Nurse Anesthesia from the University of Pennsylvania. We work hard for the glory of God and reflect in amazement at all He's done and at His love for us. I asked Ms. Mende, What's happening? Quotes from Covenant Day Schools Statement on Human Sexuality: "The school may, within its sole discretion, decline the admission of an applicant or discontinue enrollment of a student if a family is unwilling to partner with the school and/or if the conduct within the student's home or the activities of the student are inconsistent with the biblical lifestyle on sexual intimacy and gender that the school teaches. Teaching in a classical and Christian environment is such a delight! The most direct way would take Hale just less than 10 minutes to drive 2.9 miles into Green Hills to The Covenant School. A Word from Joshua Fogarty You have so much more life to live. He received his Bachelor of Science from Loyola University Chicago. A Word from Tim Bealert He also invited several of the first responders during the Covenant shooting to stand. location_city. A Word from Mrs. Santucci Mrs. Van Regenmorter graduated from Trinity Christian College with a Bachelor's of Arts in Music Education (K-12). Contact: [email protected] Josh Johnson . Conseils Now, I sorta can. There's a staff member or two "who would be packing," the woman said, according to a police call obtained by The Tennessean. We wanted to have dinner together someplace fun so me and my friend Ava went to a restaurant with our families, the Corner Pub- They have my favorite fish and chips. Shes from Sri Lanka and her mom doesnt speak English. "The kids are all locked down," she said. Music and Fine Arts are essential elements to a well-rounded education, and I am thankful for the creative musical opportunities offered to students at Covenant. I was surprised because he never cries, but now she said she wanted to. "Hope" in cursive. It is a blessing to have a school that seeks to advance truth, goodness and beauty for the good of our community and the glory of God. University at Albany and RAND researchers published a 2021 study that looked at the impact of "school resource officers" (SROs) at US schools between 2014 to 2018. Third, the Latin language is simply beautiful, from Virgils webs of grammatical agreement to Augustines wide-eyed wonder to Aquinas crystal clarity; I love to share that beauty with anyone who is willing to go on the journey with me. WebCovenant has been an immeasurable blessing to me every day, from the enthusiasm and respect of the students to the encouragement from parents to the camaraderie and A similar program exists in Shelby County. A woman wearing a pink lanyard waited on the sidewalk in front of the school. Am I next? As he ran toward Hale, Collazo continued to yell, "STOP MOVING.". Everyone was smiling and having a good time. Covenant Day Schools new Statement on Human Sexuality is blatant discrimination against LGBT+ students. | Mom picked me up from school and I told her what happened. Meet the Team - Covenant Day School She has taught economics and MBA courses at College of DuPage and Indiana Wesleyan University. Ralisations We are delighted to welcome Dr. Bacote to the Board of Trustees at Covenant Classical School. 1:50. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, 2-vehicle crash partially closes Warfield Blvd, New commission looks to draw more entertainment projects, Family raises money to send mans body home after, New bride dead after alleged DUI driver hits golf, Track and Field icon Ralph Boston dies at 83, Brooks fined $25K for not talking to media, NFL draft grades: Texans, Eagles get highest AP scores, TN native Colton Dowell drafted by Titans in 7th, Titans draft Maryland OT Jaelyn Duncan in 6th round, Being picked last in the NFL Draft has its perks, Le Creuset just launched a dreamy new color for spring, Our fitness expert weighs in on this years top spring, Teen with rare disease prepares for first concert, US tracking balloon spotted off coast of Hawaii, Police identify alleged Middle Tennessee crime syndicate, Taylor Swift concert forecast in Nashville, Crime rising on Tennessee college campuses: report, Chief Drake calls for gun reform following Covenant, Strangers rescue man from burning van in Montgomery, Family seeks justice for mother killed by drunk driver, Some could see northern lights again: Heres where, Alleged guitar amp thief caught with fake ID, heroin, BestReviews.com - Top gifts to make everyone happy this spring, Surprise your mom with one of these Mothers Day, Mothers Day inspo: This foot massager has 20,000, Drew Barrymores Walmart collection is perfect for, Best Mothers Day gifts for the budding plant mom, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Mrs. Combs graduated from Wheaton College with a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy and in history. Engelbert ran down a hallway with cutout penguins on the wall. But somehow tomorrow the only thing we will agree on is the traffic. 2021 U2PPP U4PPP - He went on to earn a Master of Divinity from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (Hamilton, Massachusetts) and a Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership and Development from Boston University (Boston, Massachusetts). in Exercise Physiology from The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Ultimately, we seek to apply our faith to the work and learning we do. Cooper's budget proposal will be presented to the Metro Council next week and kick off several weeks of consideration, before a final vote by the end of June. It sounds like somebody is shooting guns, the caller said. A Word from Mrs. Herrera She went on to receive a Master of Music in Violin Performance from Rice University in Houston. Someone could be dying right now and those firefighters are risking their lives for you! "We don't have security guards, but we have staff.". "Why is it on the children to beg not to be shot?". The Hales would later tell police they had no idea seven guns were hidden in the house or that three of them would make it to the car that morning. Covenant is truly a place where one can experience the body of Christ. This year my mom just talked with my friends parents. Mrs. Niesluchowski teaches physical education. Mrs. Salinas graduated from Taylor University with a Bachelors in Music Education and taught overseas in Honduras, downtown Chicago in magnet schools and in South Florida at a private Christian school. Nashville lawmaker calls for gun reform as hundreds protest after Covenant shooting, sent at least one set of Instagram messages, Nashville school shooter was obsessive about former middle school basketball team, Nashville shooting 911 calls capture terror inside Covenant School, Nashville police moved fast, saved lives in Covenant shooting, experts say. Naperville, IL 60540 Mrs. Niesluchowski joined Covenant in 2020. Your web browser does not support the