However, we recommend you check the Junk/ Spam folder in your mailbox to see if the journals decision letter is present. My paper was published in a journal in 2021 october. and JavaScript. Often, a positive-toned review will have concerns similar to those. When submitting a revised manuscript, the author follows the same submission steps and the revised paper again goes through an initial quality check. All peer-reviewed content will carry an anonymous statement of peer reviewer acknowledgement, and for those reviewers who give their consent, we will publish their names alongside the published article. Comments will be anonymous if the journal follows a single-anonymous or double-anonymous peer review model. Naturepapers are assigned to a print issue two weeks before publication, at which time authors will receive an e-mail notifying them of their scheduled print publication date. The decision is sent to the author. [CDATA[// >What does the status of my submission mean in Editorial Manager? - Elsevier Or a glitch. The authors will be sent the comments of the reviewers and Editor and asked to revise accordingly. Your manuscript can be rejected for many reasons but these can generally be divided into technical and editorial reasons. Answer: Such quick changes may mean a glitch, but given that it's a Nature journal, that's unlikely. The editor responsible for the final decision has the discretion however to weight individual reviewer comments as appropriate based on the expertise of each reviewer in the relevant areas and the reviewers . It just says editor assigned and manuscript under consideration. For more information,please refer to our FAQ page. After a paper is accepted, it is subedited (copyedited) to ensure maximum clarity and reach, a process that enhances the value of papers in various ways. When should you challenge an editors decision to reject a paper? any technical failings that need to be addressed before the authors' case is established. Popular answers (1) In my experience you can challenge an editor's decision when the review is clearly biased. Of course a desk reject can happen anytime but I was wondering if anyone had insight especially when submitting to Nature. Clicking on the "Submissions being processed" link. In light of their advice, I am delighted to say that we can in principle offer to publish it in Nature, provided that you revise the paper to address a number of further editorial points. Icons made by various authors from www.flaticon.com, Experiential Live Edit: How to improve Biomed manuscripts. a revised version of the manuscript that addresses the issues raised by the editor and peer reviewers, a response to each of the reviewers, replying to each of the points raised. Apprehensive-Ad6206 5 mo. Revised Submission Nearly all manuscripts are returned to the author with suggestions for revision, condensation, or final polish.