Matilda has astonishing wit, intelligence. Knock on the door, Jenny. Matilda Character Analysis | LitCharts (Bruce!) . MISS HONEY And good luck with the Tolstoy. Don't waste this. Specialness is de rigueur. She uses the umbrella to bring down the hat and starts lining it with glue.]. Good Lord, woman, have you started already? role Tommy appears in the following songs: "Miracle" ' School Song The hammer " Bruce " "When I Grow Up" " The Smell of Rebellion " "Revolting Children" "When I Grow Up (reprise)" Contents 1 Portrayals 1.1 Stratford 1.2 Original West End 1.3 Current West End 1.4 Former West End 1.5 Broadway MR WORMWOOD exits. He always wears suits with loud plaid prints read analysis of Mr. Wormwood. MRS WORMWOOD I think they just fit. Yes. [to MATILDA] This is your fault. MRS WORMWOOD The Birthday table is wheeled back in by other children. CHILDREN In my school? RUDOLPHO And if you cry it will be (W) double. RUDOLPHO dances across the back of the stage. The secret to my success is this. to the rules. [She throws the baton across the stage, does a jet to catch it, and points her finger at MISS HONEY.] Sign up today to unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. Secrets. . RUDOLPHO whips off MRS WORMWOOD's skirt to reveal a shorter skirt made of tassels beneath it. Audio Sampler - HL00300117 $10.00 ShowKit - HL00300118 $645.00 This ShowKit includes: 30 Actor's Scripts Auuurrrgh! Might have been nice, But learning a language is over the top . Look at this. . Just so you all know, she's my best friend! It seems that there are millions of these "one in a millions" these days. I'm in the zone, doll! MATILDA and ACROBAT [off stage] Bruce! I'm afraid I've not been too successful in getting others to recognize your . Oh, Matilda! The gate rolls away. BIG KID [BEN] a contract. Yes! MISS HONEY[placatingly] Miss Trunchbull. to read our character analysis for Alice and unlock other amazing theatre resources! Hmm. Nigel Character Analysis in Matilda | LitCharts Go on. I'm not hinting, but if you did happen to have a story you wanted . [He slides down on his thighs stage left.]. MISS TRUNCHBULL and CHILDREN The dumber the act, the bigger the confession. does alice have lines in matilda the musical - el-observador.com If you took your time , CHILDREN Just knock on the door . Alice displays great curiosity and attempts to fit her diverse experiences into a . Bruce! MISS TRUNCHBULL But unless you want to suffer, listen up 'Twas written in the stars before they even met. I don't know. I am GUILTYwhen the Headmistress says I am GUILTY.". Oh When Matilda first arrives, Miss Honey quickly discovers . Eric appears in the following songs: "Miracle" "School Song" "The Hammer" "Bruce" "When I Grow Up" "The Smell of Rebellion" "Revolting Children" "When I Grow Up (reprise)" Eric's full name is revealed as "Eric . Do you think in that moment, when my big moment came, BIG KIDS and CHILDREN run off. Extra strong. NIGEL Past Alice. The show stars Linda Lavin in the title role, a widow who moves with her young son to start life over again, and finds a job working at a roadside diner in Phoenix, Arizona.Most of the episodes revolve around events at . MISS HONEY exits behind the stacks as the library scene rolls in. Research Playwrights, Librettists, Composers and Lyricists. Matilda? I think we'd better leave it there, Nigel. And you may sit and read while I teach the others, and, well, if you have any questions, I shall do my best to answer them. MATILDA sits down reading a book. MR WORMWOOD MR WORMWOOD Oh, my good Lord. And . and I shan't be talking to you for the rest of the evening, you horrid little man! . Yep! They say she's lined it with nails, and spikes, and bits of broken glass. . She's a tiny girl with brown hair. I am FULLwhen and onlywhen the Headmistress says I am FULL. Ever since the day doc chopped the umbilical cord, I did! What am doing here? Take another picture of our angel from this angle over here. But if you did happen to have a story you wanted to tell . . You don't use sympathy or tenderness. . They're trying to scare us. MICHAEL sits on his lap. NIGEL lies down on the ground. No. No, not there! Stand up and be proud! Semi-Spanish gown the Acrobat's sister, a frightening woman who used to be an Olympic-class hammer-thrower, who loved nothing better than to scare the children of the town. And now she's after me! and special powers! and . You see, he fell asleep, and we put him under the coats for safety. green! Innocent victims of their story. But I didn't . Yes. I should be wearing in the semi-finals tonight! . . But not just to see their skill, but also to see their love for each other, which was so deep that it was said that cats would purr as they passed them, and dogs would weep with joy. Cast a fantastic singer and great actress in this role who can embody both Matildas cleverness and her kindness. MISS TRUNCHBULL Fifteen times two is thirty. You shall be . BIG KIDS Would rob them of their hope of living happily. You're not a little girl. You have to stay inside the circle all the time. One should avoid confrontation when possible. Who the hell do they think they are? MR WORMWOOD [to MISS HONEY] You don't! MRS WORMWOOD Before I first heard the Pealing of the bell. Like Romeo and Juliet, You know what interruptions do to my energy flow. WOMAN: She's just delightful. Knock on the door, Jenny. MR WORMWOODOh, my good Lord. How much, exactly are we talking about? And people would come from miles around: kings! (Excluding the songs) Learn with flashcards, games, and more for free. MISS HONEY The Cast of Roald Dahl's Matilda The Musical Track 1 on Roald Dahl's Matilda The Musical (Soundtrack from the Netflix Film) The opening number features parents of newborn children singing. Right. Mustn't let a little thing like "little" stop you. He's a small, ratty man, with luscious black hair. It was the biggest burp I had ever done. CHILDREN You gotta get up! . Who do you think I am, Miss Honey? [He throws the phone to the lackey.] You're going to hug all the air out of me. [Looking irritated, she makes her way to BRUCE's side.] Good hair means a good brain. MRS WORMWOOD walks back behind the curtain. It ' s tough to capture the magic and energy of a Tony and Olivier Award-winning stage musical in the form of a film, but the new adaptation of Roald Dahl ' s Matilda: The Musical does just thatand now that it ' s on Netflix, everyone has a chance to witness the spectacle.. With music and lyrics by Tim Minchin, the incredible adaptation of the classic novel breathes fresh air into Matilda . Now, this is much harder, so don't worry if you don't get it. MATILDA grabs her books and runs off the front of the stage. She holds up the final "10". . Full of rousing songs, witty lyrics, and fun ensemble roles, this Broadway Junior adaptation of the Tony-winning hit musical is ready to bring the smell of rebellion to your stage. front bottom. And if you want to teach success, AMANDA It's just pathetic. Their sadness overwhelmed them, and drew them into ever more dangerous feats, as their work became the only place they could escape the inescapable tragedy of their lives! Mustn't let a little thing like "little" stop you. Cast a fantastic character actor and singer who can command the stage and embody Trunchbulls larger-than-life villainy. Like Matilda, Lavender is a bright child. My daddy says I'm his special little guy. Honest. . But there was no sign of the Acrobat, and no glimpse at all of her shiny white scarf. . Nigel is a character in Matilda the Musical Contents 1 Role 2 Portrayals 2.1 Stratford 2.2 Original West End 2.3 Current West End 2.4 Former West End 2.5 Broadway 2.5.1 Main 2.5.2 Alternate 2.6 Acrobat Tour 2.6.1 Main 2.6.2 Alternates 2.7 Sydney Role He is one of Matilda's closer friends along with Lavender. A table with the word "Contest" emblazoned on the side is wheeled in. STRONG comedy and vocal ability Vocal range top: G4Vocal range bottom: A2 MISS HONEY Matilda's kindhearted teacher. . MISS HONEY [to MATILDA] You! And I say that criminals like you are not full until you have eaten the entire cake. MRS WORMWOOD . MAN: Don't put honey on your brother. You gotta give yourself permission to shine. She hates it when I go out. [He dances backwards and MRS WORMWOOD follows along.]. From offstage, MISS TRUNCHBULL blows on her whistle. I think she might be an idiot. 95126 Phone No. When Miss Trunchbull sits in on Miss Honey 's class the first time, she makes him stand in the corner on one foot as punishment for having dirty hands. Yes, your teacher. Ahh! MATILDA and ESCAPOLOGIST COUPLES, CHILDREN, and DOCTOR MATILDAThe moved into a beautiful old house at the edge of town, and in the evenings, they would walk and take the air. You have to stay inside the circle all the time. DOCTOR In the cupboard. Keep in mind that just because Bruce eats the cake, it doesnt mean he has to be physically larger than the other children just cast an actor who can portray Bruces journey throughout the show. Isn't there something you can do? No, it's fine. I can be a soldier. That love and fate and a touch of stupidity Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty! As I started my spin, did I look at the view? Mustn't let a little thing like "little" stop you. He surely can't! Someone poured a whole can of syrup onto Trunchbull's chair. Am I . One can hardly move for beauty and brilliance these days. "Lovely"? LAVENDER Mrs. Wormwood is selfish, obsessed with her own appearance, and believes everything she sees on TV. As long as you enjoyed the cake. "It is where the loneliness of life has led us.". Please! MRS WORMWOOD [He takes out a cigar and takes hold of the baby.] MISS HONEY Mrs. Wormwood Lines Flashcards | Quizlet . So they say. She daintily reaches up and captures a figurine of a woman throwing the hammer.]. A large iron gate made of square holes of various sizes rolls in from both sides of the stage. MR WORMWOOD Matilda lies down and flicks off the light. MISS HONEY MR WORMWOOD and MICHAEL exit. Last week, I read quite a few. Well, I needed to learn to read words so that I could read sentences. Alice (American TV series) - Wikipedia Upgrade to PRO And she keeps trying to tell me stories, Harry. In the slip of a bolt, there's a tiny revolt. Oh! So, Matilda. So, what is it? Whether you like it or not. RUDOLPHO enters from behind a gap in the curtain behind her. And I'm very sorry . All right. RUDOLPHO starts dancing with and carrying around MISS HONEY, which he continues to do throughout the song. MR WORMWOOD, towel wrapped about his shoulder, enters the bathroom with MICHAEL. Who is this, babe? MISS TRUNCHBULL's office, complete with her in a high-backed chair (facing the back of the stage) is wheeled in. NIGEL Oh, it's nothing like that. Shakespeare in the Woods 2023 Season Just because you find that life's not fair, it I'll tell you something. ESCAPOLOGIST [off-stage] One of Matildas schoolmates. Though Mr. Wormwood is not a good person and he is mean to Matilda, his The DOCTOR exits and MR WORMWOOD hurries after him. I can feel it in my hips. An adaptation of the Tony and Olivier award-winning musical. Well, take another! Tricks!" MISS HONEY CHILDREN and COUPLES arrange themselves behind it. MISS TRUNCHBULL MATILDA ], MISS HONEY Like you, I was (Q) curious, This little girl needs somebody strong to fight by her side. Mind? . Every new life See you tomorrow! Mrs Wormwood, do you really have no idea? off to prison you both shall go!". He takes it and squashes it firmly down onto his head. MR WORMWOOD Stop being pathetic, Jenny. Now, here's a tip: Did you hear what we said? MISS TRUNCHBULL runs in, blowing on her whistle, and chases ERIC down until he is pulled into formation by two BIG KIDS. A custoner swindled by Mr. Wormwood. You have to put it right . The Burning Woman, Hurling Through the Air, with Dynamite in Her Hair, Over Sharks and Spiky Objects, Caught by the Man Locked in a Cage will be performed, and performed this day, or . Parents wheeling strollers enter alongside their CHILDREN. Knock on the door, Jenny. Bambinatum! [to MRS WORMWOOD] Would you please shut up? So she's learned a few tricks. Lavender? All right! Instead, she's found me. In . When all had quietened down, she stepped forward and produced . MRS WORMWOOD is behind the curtain. LAVENDER The tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting. MISS HONEY, dazed, follows the dance as best she can. The scene freezes again for BRUCE to talk. BRUCE No, sir. Nigel has a few solos and some great featured moments in the show, so cast a strong actor and singer in this great supporting role. MATILDA Am I . What?! MAN: Take another picture of our angel from this angle over here. Sign up today to unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. I chose looks! We never thought it was possible, And if it's not right, Please! MR WORMWOOD This is Rudolpho! MISS TRUNCHBULL Can be played by a male or female. Matilda the Musical Character Breakdown - DAURI M. KENNEDY She'll call a truce, Bruce. MR WORMWOOD Daughter of Mr Harry Wormwood who owns Wormwood Moturs. Two BIG KIDS start climbing on the gate, flanking alphabet blocks as they are are pushed through the gate when they are mentioned in the song. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X. The curtain is wheeled away to reveal MRS WORMWOOD. Ev-er-y life is unbelievably unlikely. This is the worst day of my life! But although they loved each other, although they were famous and everyone loved them, they were sad. The other dancers and judges exit, leaving MRS WORMWOOD and RUDOLPHO in a dramatic position. There's nothing to fear. Might as well be saying you think that it's okay, The Acrobat from Matilda JR Summary & Breakdown | StageAgent Boys and girls! Matildas brother. Kim . Someone told her I did it, but I never! This calls for a proper smoke. vanderbilt orthopedic surgery residency united automotive sales does alice have lines in matilda the musical. [He pulls the towel over his head and starts massaging vigorously]. Have to admit Oil of Violets hair tonic for men. What have I told you about wearing pigtails? . Alice Pumpernickle is a character from Matilda the Musical Contents 1 Appearances 2 Portrayals 2.1 Stratford 2.2 Original West End 2.3 Current West End 2.4 Former West End 2.5 Broadway 2.5.1 Main 2.5.2 Alternates 2.6 Acrobat Tour 2.6.1 Main 2.6.2 Alternates 2.7 Australia 2.7.1 Sydney 2.7.2 Melbourne 2.7.3 Brisbane 2.7.4 Australian/European Swings New York, NY, Escape To Margaritaville I'll have her for that. The DOCTOR and the CHILDREN sing into their stethoscopes. Mr. Wormwood. MISS HONEY And when you scream, you don't know if the sound came out, DOCTOR MR WORMWOOD . NIGEL leans forward in concentration and groans in agony several times. Mrs. Wormwoods self-obsessed dance teacher. But wrong. If I give the crowd their money back, where is my profit?! [They start chattering. It's been clear there's no peer for a miracle like me. MISS HONEY faces the audience and raises her fist. Five times two is ten. The chances of existence almost infinitely small. A boy with no fingie? He has the very first solo line of the entire show, so make sure to cast a good singer in this role. Sing, children. What am I? She starts the video screens playing again. Come along, Bogtrotter. Are you going to tell me a story or not? . . But the thing was, I was having a lot of trouble with my belly. Then suddenly, the audience jumped to its feet and roared in appreciation! But here it is, coming true: CHILDREN 2 COUPLE 2 BOTH: What a dear! [He tries and fails to pull his hat off, tugging on it several times.] [to Nigel] When did this happen? MISS HONEY By - November 27, 2022. [pm&;} *Jb{wpP A+| 0`G@pXAroR /_:ma:K6 ~CSzaC//qG16@v;\jj~ny6~b9"fi1!Izk"%1qtQ{XyS'A) 3ngvzt|7nitWY1CO!R4uPL}5zE@TUKTt [kT6s&e,WgqeMX$ Or even two, Bruce, MATILDA Dance competition's over. Like you, I was curious, MISS TRUNCHBULL The CHILDREN reach out from behind the gate as the BIG KIDS carry them away. DOCTOR Look at you hesitating. Than the volume with which what you don't know's expressed. PARTY ENTERTAINER See how my trophies gleam in the sunlight? And sailed high up, up above the stands MISS TRUNCHBULL and CHILDREN Rudolpho is greatly skilled in, and besotted by ballroom dancing, to a professional level; he is described, by Mrs Wormwood, as being 'very supple' and having 'incredible upper-body strength'. Don't be pathetic! You've not got the spine. The woman from COUPLE 1 blows on a birthday cake as the table splits in two and MATILDA stands from behind it, holding a collection of books from one hand. the Acrobat's sister. It's from the library! You really don't know anything, do you? . Well? So innocent I asked a thousand questions. Mrs Wormwood, I want you to think very carefully. The announcer from MISS TRUNCHBULL's videos starts commentating. . You chose books. Gender: female Vocal range top: D5 Vocal range bottom: C4 Tommy Alice, Hortensia, and Tommy are classmates of Matilda who each sing solos. Oh, right. [She flicks the screens off again.] BIG KID [RYAN] That's not fair! My, my, that is good. My name is Miss Honey. MRS PHELPS This uncorrupted mind. The quintessential terrifying tyrant. What am I thinking? It doesn't really matter if you don't know much! MISS TRUNCHBULL . Alice is an American sitcom television series that aired on CBS from August 31, 1976, to March 19, 1985. Tomorrow at one? Four judges in outrageous costumes sit behind it. MISS HONEY, BIG KIDS, and CHILDREN Tim Minchin, Alice is one of Matildas classmates. You are a thief! I have to tell you, Headmistress, that it is my intention to help this little girl. Knock on the door, Jenny. Have been trapped inside this cage for ages, MATILDA stands at the front of the stage as her classmates walk in and the desks rise from the ground. Just knock on the door. Children and adults alike will be thrilled and delighted by the story of the special little girl with an extraordinary imagination. "It is called," said the husband, announcing the event to the world's press, who had gathered to listen with bated breath [The voice of the ESCAPOLOGIST echoes her words.] Oh, my good Lord! "thinking". And another door closes. . Gender: Female Vocal range top: D5 Vocal range bottom: C4 Tommy Alice, Hortensia, and Tommy are classmates of Matilda who each sing solos. That I treated the rules with casual disdain? Sign in|Recent Site Activity|Report Abuse|Print Page|Powered By Google Sites. "Right"? The endings are often a little bit gory! MISS HONEY PDF Matilda Act 2 MATILDA THE MUSICAL [] BRUCE - Beck Backstage And it isn't wide enough to sit. They then saunter off. You're getting on a plane, Mrs Wormwood? Loud, loud, loud, loud! Ten times two is twenty. See! It's not even eight thirty! Though he shows up looking for payback, Matilda has had quite enough of revenge, and Sergei lets the Wormwoods escape. Cartwheel. [sometimes, to be in time with the music: Well? Has incredible upper-body strength. . Considerably roomier inside. . . Stupid, nasty, stinking, slimy . . Matilda The Musical is about Matilda Wormwood - an extraordinary child who has a gift for learning and other unusual talents. Over the course of the song, she writes on the board: "Copy one million times by tomorrow. He is egotistical, rude, and not very bright, not to mention a liar. I don't believe Matilda's that kind of child at all. Gain full access to show guides, character breakdowns, auditions, monologues and more. And so, they prepared themselves for the most dangerous feat that had ever been performed. . . MR WORMWOOD When the hinges creak and the door is closed, That's all right, Jenny. MISS HONEY I have to tell you, Headmistress, that in . [She grabs a baton with a yellow ribbon attached to it and starts twirling to the music.] As long as you dont know it with the volume up. MATILDA Shakespeare in the Woods 2023 Season Whatever you do, just don't give in. Back before my life had eNded, It's just pathetic! . [He laughs then peters out.] What on earth did you do that for? But I'm his little soldier. [She takes a mirror from the armchair.] Sixteen times two is thirty-two. . Past Lavender. Absolutely, sir! The sooner you're locked up in that school, the better. How far can you go? She puts down the large block and MATILDA stands on it. . If you want to throw the hammer for your country. Here's what I think of your lovely [He starts pulling at the book as though to tear it apart.].