Super-tough decorative stone coating for interior/exterior concrete floors and walls, masonry, drywall, and more Real stone formula that instantly transforms surfaces with the elegance of speckled granite Spreads on easily with a scraper, trowel, squeegee or texture sprayer Resists freeze/thaw cycles, snow shoveling The box also comes with a DVD-R that has nothing on it except the 15-minute walkthrough video that is on YouTube- so just watch it on YouTube. Based on my experience, four coats of the Behr Premium Granite Grip is a minimum. Thanks for your comment and your insight! Please note that while we strive for colour accuracy, actual product colours may vary slightly from the samples shown above. On my follow-up posts, Ill let you know the results if I try a fifth coat. Harsh winter cold and punishing summer heat and sun are powerless against it, whether used on a patio, pool deck, porch or wall. In fact, it was a lot of work. I literally spent hours using a really nice Dewalt angle grinder to remove the adhesive. Come to find, any place that wasn't covered in "fleck" acts just like normal paint and will sand off. The dyes penetrate the concrete and dry almost instantly resulting in a greatly reduced project completion time-frame. Concrete dyes are also available in water and solvent based formulas. UV and Heat Resistant - For even the toughest climates. All the best, and I look forward to reading your experiences. DONE! None of the solution had dried overnight, so the roller was ready to go the next morning. How do I effectively mix SpreadRock in the can? The bubbles I did have were mostly around the expansion joints in one area, and thats probably why the tile people told me Id have problems if I got tile. I like that it wasn't the same everywhere, but I was a bit fleck-heavy and a bit fleck-light in some areas. The adhesive roller cover really did a nice job of spreading the Granite Grip over the concrete. I was surprised that very little of this product splashed on my skin or clothing. Again, very glad I did this. Sure, its a lot more work and a lot more time to only apply thin coats, but the finished product looks good and will last a long time. Im not an expert on this or any other flooring product, but you brought up some interesting questions that I also encountered. The unfinished concrete made an uninviting outdoor living area. Each of these steps require varying amounts of time to dry/cure; for best results dont try to rush through the process. Microtoppings and Polymer Cement Overlays. Later, I noticed a few bubbles in that area. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "search"; Hi James, the only way Ive cleaned my porch with the Granite Grip is with a large push broom. Instead of getting my outdoor living area covered with tile, the tile pros recommended I pay someone to cover my concrete slabs with a flexible and decorative concrete finish. Polymer cement overlays are generally used where traditional stains, paints and dyes are not suitable and provide an attractive and durable concrete floor make-over. So, the lesson I learned was, do not apply decorative concrete finishes in direct sunlight. I used the orange color and it lasted a long time. Since I live in Phoenix, Arizona, it was important I get the job done before temperatures approached triple digits. It can also give you additional material for any needed touch-ups later on. To clean up, I only rubbed Jergens Ultra Healing Moisturizer on my hands for a few minutes. Concrete stains and concrete dyes are gaining popularity within the decorative garage floor industry. We work closely with qualified flooring contractors throughout the USA to provide installation and repair services for home flooring products. Daich says to let the Stone Coat sit 24 hours before applying the Clear Coat, but you can sand it after 4 hours. They can be used alone, finished with wax or sealant to prolong the life of the dyed floor. I yanked the outdoor carpet up in sections, and threw it in the trash. Be diligent in researching the options to make the best choice and your reward will be a garage floor you can be proud of for years to come. I wish the instructions would have said to sand with the 120 grit everywhere and use the 80 grit in fleck-heavy areas. Hi Mike, it should get grittier with each coat. Dried paint is easy enough to scrape off metal with a razorblade. I dipped the roller into the 5 gallon can, and used pressure to roll it into the crevices of the etched concrete. I suspect that Granite Grip cannot be cleaned up simply with water, but I never tried so I cant answer definitively! See the pictures and feel free to ask me any questions about this product! amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; The patterning is a natural product of the unevenness of the chemical reaction across the concrete surface. They said to start with the 80 grit sandpaper and then move to the 120 grit. All the best, James, and thanks for sharing your experience with this product. They are a perfect way to transform concrete that is worn or distressed into near works of art. Brownstone Satin Interior/Exterior Concrete Resurfacer and Sealer (112) Questions & Answers (131) + Hover Image to Zoom share Share print Print $ 48 00 Limit 5 per order /gallon $54.48 Save $6.48 ( 12 %) Pay $23.00 after $25 OFF your total qualifying purchase upon opening a new card. Seal it the next day after SpreadRock has cured for 24 hours. Hi Mary, applying the muriatic acid mixture was, at least for me, the most stressful part of this whole process. So I was constantly worried about whether I had etched the surface enough. In addition, one slab was slightly higher than the slab it butted up against. Outdoors, in warm, dry weather, allow dry time between coats of about 2 3 hours to ensure that it is firm enough to accommodate your weight when you walk on it to apply the second coat. Most people refer to epoxy as epoxy paint but in truth, epoxy and paint operate on two different chemical principles. high bond strength to many surfaces including laminate, wood, MDF, concrete and more. Your email address will not be published. After 24 hours, I pulled out the Clear Coat and stirred it with the other side of the stir stick because the instructions specifically say not to shake the can because it will cause air bubbles -_- okaaaay. I've heard good things about the product and I really didn't have a whole lot to lose by trying it out, and for $125 it was a pretty easy decision. Painting a garage floor isnt as easy as haphazardly slapping down a coating of concrete paint, however. Model #SPR-IG-030. BEHR PREMIUM Granite Grip Protect: from Freezing Spread Rate: Rough 40-50 Sq. Local store prices may vary from those displayed. 304 Gage Ave. NorthHamilton, ON CanadaL8L 7A79am to 5pm EST. Thanks for your questions, Susan, and best of luck with your project! Because they are chemical and solvent based, health precautions must be taken during the application due to volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the formula. Instead, SpreadRock lets you easily install a lightweight stone veneer anywhere a long lasting upgrade is desired at a fraction of the cost. I even did the vertical edging around the pads perimeter. I didn't cover the floor because, honestly, the linoleum floor is the next thing that need to be replaced/redone/drug out into the back yard and executed, but I did my best to cover the cabinets in the kitchen. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; To be honest, our countertops weren't in bad shape before, which made starting the process with SpreadStone fairly easy since I didn't have to do any repairs to the counter. Eye protection and respirator masks are mandatory during the application process. The tile setters cited various problems, all of which seemed to revolve around slab heave. Thanks! SpreadRock is not speckled paint. To be sure that you always have enough for your application and to have a little extra in case you ever need to do a touch-up, order 20-25% more SpreadRock to overcome possible shortages. The kit comes with a 4" paint roller, paint tray, three rollers (which you will use for the three steps), both 80-grit and 120-grit sandpaper, paint brush, and even a face mask - that's before you get to the actual product in the box which is in 4 cans. The reviewers who say this product has a 'cloudy' look were warned right in the directions about this. But when our high heat started in May now I have blisters in about 10 spots. Let dry for 1-2 hours. SpreadRock Granite Coating Coating Coverage: 40 - 60 sq.ft. **Use only DAICH primer. Ive never etched a concrete surface before, and havent since, either. But please remember, I am not an expert. DAICH TracSafe Anti-Slip Sealer or Garage and Driveway Sealer. Based on my experiences so far, Id recommend you try the Behr Premium Granite Grip for your outdoor concrete living areas. All the best, and thanks for your question! I recommend waiting at least 6 hours, as I think the Stone Coat would be harder and you might not scratch as much of the non-fleck-heavy areas of the Stone Coat. SpreadStone is made to last for many years. Heavy Duty - Industrial strength everything, Exterior Porches, Steps, Pool Decks, Patios, Walkways, Entrances, Garage Floor, Balconies, Foundation Walls, Interior Shower Areas, Bathroom Floors, Basement Floors, Entrances, Steps. Garage floors must be vacuumed and swept, oil and other stains removed with vigorous scrubbing using a stiff brush and degreaser. Its important to apply only a thin first coat. My wife also likes it she was against it at first. It's a simple trowel application for both horizontal and vertical surfaces. After realizing that all the gritty stone pieces (what they call "fleck") were stuck to the inside of the paint can, I conceded and got a stirring stick. As the grinding wheel got warm, the carpet adhesive would get sticky. It did take 3 coats to acheive the color and coverage I wanted. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Maybe the manufacturer was worried that moisture would accumulate behind the vertical surfaces, and the moisture would cause lots of problems. Side note: Make sure you clean all the crap out of the paint tray before moving to the Clear Coat, because all those little pieces of fleck will end up in the Clear Coat and could potentially really screw with your final product. Thanks for your question, Nicki, and thanks for reading! Please email your name, address, and which product you would like samples of to. I just completed an outdoor entry with border and Im very happy with Spreadrock. Many of the options listed below are best left to a professional installer and you would do well to get some free estimates before embarking on your project. Achieving optimal results and correct coverage with SpreadRock is based on application of two thin coats over your primed surface. For specific product application help and info, please contact us at 1-866-463-2424 (GO-DAICH) 9am to 5pm EST. LuxROCK Solid Surface Granite Countertop Kit After 10 years providing our valued customers with an easy new way to renish worn and dated countertops with our popular SpreadStone Countertop Finishing Kit, we are proud to offer our new LuxROCK Solid Surface Granite Countertop Kit The SpreadStone kit is one of the only "kits" I've used that can truly be called a complete kit. The stains produce consistent translucent color across the floor surface due to the lack of chemical reactions. (verified owner) January 26, 2023. For specific assistance and advice on product use, just contact us at [emailprotected] or call us at 1-866-463-2424. For latex paint to adhere correctly, the surface must be slightly rough, an effect reached by chemical etching or acid washing prior to painting. The cost would be much less than laying tile on my shifting slabs. It made my outdoor living area look inviting and attractive. While I applied the second coat, I was in a hurry to finish for the day. This option is really only viable for low traffic use, if you are using your garage as a laundry or storage space for example. The clay absorbs water when it rains, and dries out unevenly during periods of drought. Etching the concrete was also a lot of work. 1. Please share your experiences with Behr Premium Granite Grip in the comments section below. SpreadRock is a simple three-step process requiring a coat of DAICH Textured Primer (to anchor into the concrete and create an optimal bonding surface), followed by two thin coats of SpreadRock and DAICH sealer the following day. However, it did clean some of the old stains off nicely. I dont know the answer to those questions, but when those events happen, I will post updates. Here are just a few of the many available concrete dye products. HOW DO ICE MELTERS AFFECT GRANITE GRIP AND WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR WINTER ICE TREATMENT. To protect my skin and eyes from possible acid burns, I wore eye goggles. Thanks for the good how to tips! But, will it make it? This is primer. SpreadRock provides an elegantly authentic speckled granite coating ideal for porches, steps, walkways and entrances. Im thinking of coating the concrete floor in an exterior pool bathroom but looking for descriptions on how it feels on bare feet. However, I can answer questions about the steps I took for my preparation and application process. After about ten minutes, I used a hose with running water to rinse the acid mixture off the edge of my porch.