UPDATE: I got a letter today saying that my interview will be rescheduled. U.S. Do you know, when it . Upload or insert images from URL. rescheduled or decision. my was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. May be your 485 case file hasnt been reached San a notion office yet. My interview was canceled days after being scheduled and I'm also hoping for an approval without it. I asked for when I should expect that mail, they said within 1 to 2 months. @Blessed, due to unforeseen circumstances your interview was cancelled and let you know once reschedule or decision has been made. Citizenship and Immigration Services or the Federal Government of the United States. @Amarnath try to find out from other Eb applicants. If you're adjusting from a B-2 visa, your interview won't be waived. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. If a new interview notice or other notification is not received in 2 months an Infopass appointment should be made at the district office. I have requested a call back from tier-2 officer to better understand the reason for the cancellation. Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender, Didn't find the answer you were looking for? quick call? Every case is so different and we can speculate all day long. "On September 24, 2021, we cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC#, and mailed you a cancellation notice. no idea but lawfully has new update on percentage of cancellation and what happens after in likely cases. We have been waiting for 2 years.. @Diana B, the letter does state that they will notify you if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made or if they need something from you. Has anyone ever seen or experienced something like this??? Additionally, any advice found here IS NOT legal advice. Reddit is not a substitute for a real lawyer. No pattern as to why some got picked over others. mine was schedule for august 12th but cancelled on August 9th and got the physical cancellation notice on august 14th. Hi. I got a case status updateemail today from USCIS that our I485 interview has been cancelled. does anyone have similar experience? @Alina, is your case family or employment based? why was you given another interview date? I'm particularly baffled by the "Your Case Status: Decision" line and the "During this step, the formal decision (approved/denied)" paragraph, although it should be noted that, on the USCIS website, this is what appears under case status (instead of Decision): On August 19, 2021, we cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXX, and mailed you a cancellation notice. No I had that H1B visa given to me many years ago. And we were right: sure enough, nobody even so much as mentioned a potential cancellation; they had our file and were ready to go. You'll have to wait and see what the notice says. I had the same experience. Your link has been automatically embedded. 2023 Murthy Law Firm. Would it take another few months just to reschedule? I had applied for Marriage based AoS from my H1B visa. Btwn May I know your FO? Reddit is not a substitute for a real lawyer. Now some are being waived again. Totally a gut feeling because I dont follow timelines and progress reports. Green Card Interview Canceled - Newark NJ. KVS Interview Date 2023 Postponement Notice Check Now *** Moved from AOS from K1 to AOS Progress Reports ***, You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. Is this indicative of a RFE? if done after its valid for 4 years (used to be 2 but they recently changed it to 4). My wife and I had that same thing happen for our AOS interview, and after perusing this forum, we decided to ignore the cancellation and just show up anyway. I cant tell if it was sent to us in error or why. Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS Display as a link instead, Interview Cancelled And Notice Ordered On August 19, 2021, we cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXX, and mailed you a cancellation notice. 2. waiting for letter to arrive in mail. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW: 02.07.2020, (hold on, this is where it gets interesting), The day before: rrrrriiiiiiing riiiiiiiing *my cell phone rings as we were loading the car to spend the night at a hotel prior to our interview. I cant tell if it was sent to us in error or why. If you do not receive your notice by February 14, 2021, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. Archived post. I dont really no what's the problem,I was not scheduled for the second interview. It helps others. i485 interview cancelled and notice ordered | Lawfully If you do not receive your notice by October 9, 2021, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. We process cases in the order we receive them. What does that mean? So I don't think in most cases that a canceled interview is on purpose. Please follow any instructions in the notice. mine was cancelled since we moved and updated the address. Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS. I am in same situation. What To Do When an Interview Falls Through: Tips For - Indeed I know that employer sponsored GC applicants have had their interviews waived, but wasn't sure what has been happening to family based GC applicants. Thank them for the notice. originally scheduledit for August 11. no, my interview not yet scheduled. It came bundled with another letter that confirmed the cancellation of previously booked interview. Interview cancelled for I-751 & interview scheduled N-400 - Avvo Please follow any instructions in the notice. What is USCIS case status message "Interview Cancelled"? got the email on 01/15/2021 saying, case status : Decision. dont open it. Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Never paid attention to marriage basedAOS from work visas. i think most of people get standard reason regarding unforseen circumstances. Adjustment of Status Case Filing and Progress Reports, US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion, Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas, I-485 Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered, Didn't find the answer you were looking for? what does your cancellation notice say @Amarnath. BTS B21 JASTIP KOREA on Instagram: "[ PREORDER ] TIME Magazine 2021.01 Since my wife and I were out of country due to a family emergency, we called USCIS on July 9, 2021 and asked them to reschedule our interview. I'm adjusting my status based on marriage to a US citizen and our interview had been ready to be scheduled since October of last year. My USC spouse and I have a pretty strong case and were looking forward to our interview later this month. @amarnath Did you try talking to tier 2 officer? Registered in England No. @t s what date was your interview scheduled for before you get canceled? Anyone got N400 interview scheduled then canceled? AOS interview waivers have been happening in 2020. K-1s vs B visas. Citizenship and Immigration Services or the Federal Government of the United States. My adjustment is family based. Why Did USCIS Cancel Interview - Hacking Immigration Law, LLC. It could very well mean that they may waive the interview and approve you. Not sure why they have to update my case/interview as . What does this mean? @leslyn does your interview for 28th got canceled too? Sign up for a new account in our community. I have no idea why we were waived an AOS interview and received the green card after theletter you outlined above. @t s created tier 2 request and waiting for the call. I was waived. Im waiting patientlyto see if maybe they schedule the interview Post Green card but nothing yet. Jim Hacking has a video that talks about something like, that can might mean problems and advice to have a lawyer for the interview. anyone in the same situation? Anecdotally, the interview requirement seems to have been waived only for those with recent, comprehensiveinterviews..i.e. INTERVIEW CANCELED AND NOTICE ORDERED | Lawfully . @t s, Im planning to send my medicals sometime next week but Im not sure whether to send it NBC or Field office. By The current status of my I485 is "Interview Canceled and Notice Ordered" since August 9th, 2021. guess its now a Tuesday thing. the reason for the cancellation is unforeseen circumstances. We HAD justbought a new home so either made sense. Case ready to be scheduled for interview in 2/2020. Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender , Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter, What visa? @Sarge2155perhaps. @t s, pls let me know the reason once you get the physical notice. Sign up for a new account in our community. My husband and I provided A LOT of evidence, crossing our fingers that we might not have to go in for a interview and go straight to approval. My timeline is on my profile and we have a 16 month old little one with a20 years age difference. Of course your officer might just be sick or out of office so they'll reschedule sooner. I'll update this if thay happens! interview cancelled and notice ordered | Lawfully All Case Processing A Abi A Jan 18, 2022 interview cancelled and notice ordered My interview was originally scheduled for next week but I got a notification today saying my interview for my I-485 was cancelled and notice was ordered. Emma and 1-800 helpless. Be very careful with that notice as it could indeed be a glitch. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision. Interview cancelled ?! : r/USCIS - Reddit 2003-2021 VisaJourney. but marriage based dont have allocation? Received a cancellation notice on 10/26/20. do you mind for a quick call? I-485 Interview Canceled and Notice Ordered - Murthy Law Firm After that, we were able to travel overseas. @t s ask live agent via Emma for new date, EB has to send medical from RFE. And I called USCIS and live chat with two representative they both confirmed yes my interview was cancelled just ask me to keep tracking for update status I've read somewhere it could be a glitch? Does it mean that they have taken a decision on our case without doing an interview? its been a month since uscis cancelled my interview. I have read on other forums it happens when they can make decision without interview. no update yet. We HAD justbought a new home so either made sense. Hello I had the same experience. I-485 Interview cancelled and status changed to "Decision - VisaJourney