(There's an amusing photo from the early '60s showing Georgiana doing the twist with designer Jean Louis, who would become Loretta's last husband. ;), 1) Amazed at all the folks who think that 5'6 1/2" is short- (Garbo) That's well above average for an actress even today. The measurements do seem small, but when I went to the Victoria & Albert museum's Hollywood exhibition I was completely STUNNED by how tiny the costumes were. This reflected in her adulthood where she was not like the typical actress of the time. Katherine Hepburn had other concerns, in addition to maintaining the perfect make-up and wearing the right dress. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. She said in 1963 "Actually I'm five-feet six and three-quarters, but it takes too long to explain this way" . She was almost 5' 6" and weighed 88 pounds. When I was a child those women were still around the H.S. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Katharine Hepburn is Actress by profession, find out fun facts, age, height, and more. Rita Hayworth also had that walk (though she was never a Follies Girl, she was a trained dancer, but now I wonder if it had something to do with the platform shoes in vogue in both their heydays). Thanks so much for sharing this info. Remember that wonderful scene from "The Women" where Joan Crawford, Norma Shearer (my favorite Golden Era actress) and Rosalind Russell are at the fashion show at the dress designer's, and one of the models after the show is strutting around in a foundation garment under a sheer peignoir, repeating "Our new one-piece lace foundation garment-zips up the back and no bones", and apparently that was considered a lighter foundation garment, lol. I'd argue however that the information regarding the bra sizes of any of these actresses over a size 34 band (such as 36B) is very likely to be wrong. Katharine Hepburn was born on May 12, 1907 in Hartford, Connecticut, USA, and is an Actress, Writer, Soundtrackat 96 years old, Katharine Hepburn's height 5.8 Ft. in 2023. I definitely will keep your comments in consideration when I do the next update on the chartI agree that 112 seems a bit unrealistic if those are indeed her measurements. Katherine Hepburn - Vintage Weight Loss Secrets I do not see that she is so much bigger than most of the actresses mentioned in this article. You may be right there.Other actresses may have a 36" chest, though, especially if they're not petite/short. She ate a lot of grains, not a lot of meat, and a little bit of everything.". Thanks Second P! Want to more about Her? Most of her career she was between 120 and 135. Kimberly: I truly enjoyed this list and it brought to mind how much the studios and their PR departments had control; even over the stars measurements! The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. During her career as a Hollywood leading lady for more than 60 years, she won 4 Academy Awards and received a total of 12 Oscar nominations for "Best Actress". Wouldn't it be great if people could get to live suddenly as often as Her mother was a Dutch baroness, and Hepburn barely survived the German occupation of Holland, which began when she was just 11. Margaret Barker, Your email address will not be published. Katharine Hepburn's height is 5 ft 7 in or 171.5 cm. Height & Body Measurements. Healthier pancakes to start your weekend morning. So many things written about Marilyn's weight. Jeannette McDonald was petite in height-I've seen 5'3" and 5'4" (5'3" is considered the "official" cut-off for petite height). Veronica's comment above illustrated to me just how much all numberssizes, measurements, or pounds are relative to frame, body mass, weight distribution, etc. Disclaimer: The information provided within this site is strictly for the purposes of information only and is not a replacement or substitute for professional advice, doctors visit or treatment. Donaldson Collection/Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images, Met Gala Drama: The 14 Most Jaw-Dropping Moments to Ever Happen at Fashion's Biggest Night, Anna Wintour Reveals She Could Not Afford Dinner at the Met Gala in Her Early New York City Days, Met Gala 2023: Dua Lipa, Michaela Coel, Penlope Cruz and More to Co-Chair, How to Watch 'Peter Pan & Wendy' Online Now Streaming, Halle Bailey's The Little Mermaid Doll Is Already a Bestseller, 10 Oprah-Approved Mother's Day Gifts That Mom Will Love. Katharine Hepburn is an Actress, Writer, Soundtrack. Playing strong independent women with minds of their own, Often wore slacks instead of dresses, decades before it became fashionable for So petite! There are many more women athletes today, and muscle weighs more than fat. I joke it's the hormones in the milk now. Leland Hayward (1933 1935) Audrey Hepburn Height - How tall These measurements are generally the ones recorded at the peak of their popularity. Katharine Hepburn loved chocolate, especially dark with almonds, but she had a tiny waist. Some results are accurate, others wildly inaccurate, still others verging on the absurd.In December 1949, with the half-century on the horizon, the Associated Press ran a story which predicted that in 2000, the average height of the American woman would be close to, or perhaps over, six feet tall. Katharine Hepburn's zodiac sign was Taurus. Aside from her acting career, Katharine Houghton Hepburnwho was born on May 12, 1907was also famous for her commitment to wearing pants at a time when the rest of Hollywood's female stars. She stated her height on her passports as being 169cm or 5ft 6.5/6.75. How Audrey Hepburn Maintained Her Famously Slim Figure I think her height is a little fudged in this though. Monroe's weight seems spot-on though. "She survived by eating nettles and tulip bulbs and drinking water to fill her stomach. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. She appeared in a range o genres, from screwball comedy tae leeterar drama, an she received a record (for ony gender) fower Academy Awairds for Lead Actin Performances, plus aicht forder nominations. Katharine Hepburn was an American actor, stage artist, and writer. Especially the stats of the stars. 11 Timeless Facts About Katharine Hepburn - Mental Floss Here we have shared Katharine Hepburn height, weight, Zodiac sign, and full bodies size measurements! PHOTOS: the varying heights of Norma, Joan, and Roz in, The series accompanies and mirrors the book. Katharine Hepburn was born on May 12, 1907, in Connecticut, USA. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Her voice would crack, and her eyes would fill with tears," Dotti adds. Hepburn masterminded her own comeback, buying out her contract with RKO Radio Pictures and acquiring the film rights to The Philadelphia Story, which she sold on the condition that she be the star. Katharine Hepburn Height - How tall - CelebHeights.com This site will provide additional information on dress size & shoe size soon. She is a member of famous Actress with the age 78 years old group. Her name is the personification of the concept of classical Hollywood luxury. How to Watch King Charles' Coronation Live in the U.S. There's also a chart on the men's sizes there, though only heights are available for the men (versus all the measurements for the women). Her father was a successful doctor who believed in the importance of intense exercise. Katharine Hepburn was 96 Years, 1 Months, 17 Days old. Best Movies Katharine Hepburn Height, Weight, Size, Body Measurements, Biography With men, only heights are available.Thanks again for your interest and comments! The auction house is hosting a preview in Los Angeles from Sept. 12-14 and an online auction runs Sept. 19-Oct. 3. And that weight that you mention may have been toward the beginning of her career as well. How tall was Katharine Hepburn? Obviously, Sophia Loren was (and may still be) the classic hourglass. Even being 70-year-old, she had a morning jog. Katharine Hepburn facts Instead, Robert Wolders, her partner from 1980 until her 1993 death, says the actress. After dating for a couple of months (though they were introduced to each other in 1996, but they didn't start dating at that time. In 1985, Katharine Hepburn was awarded the Humanist Arts Award by the American Humanist Association. They wore girdles and had a different diet which explains the difference in body composition and size. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. He's semi-crouching while twisting, accentuating the height difference between them, but even had he stood up straight she still would've towered over him.). Lee Daniels: Height, Weight and Healthy Lifestyle, Lee Byung-hun: height, weight and an epic change for the G.I. She is born in United States on 12/05/1907. I also love that she and I have literally the same measurements, minus one inch in height. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". The Beverly Hills H Ginger Rogers is quite simply one of the greatest talents that Hollywood has ever seen. Like going on a historic tour & looking at their tiny little beds & thinking 'how did they sleep in that?'. Katharine Hepburns birthday was on May 12, 1907. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". They I was like, "Oh, they're in height order and she was hella tall" I feel smart. I'm a little fuzzled about their weight. I stood next to Raquel Welch once --this was at an airport-- I am 5'5 and Raquel, even with high heels (I had on flats) was at shorter than I. I put her at no more than 5'2.Thank you. Gable commented to friends on her apparent lack of underwear.Norma was often on the Best-Dressed lists, even though in her real life she wore a lot of American sports-type clothes, and her chic was the Parisian kind, not the glamored-up Hollywood kind.Shearer, BTW, was rumored to be app 5'3", and was short-legged and long-waisted, as were many famous actresses-Stanwyck was another, Edith Head spoke of designing her dresses and suits to have a waistline which was higher in front and lower in back to lengthen her line. In 1999, Hepburn was named by the American Film Institute as the greatest female star of Classic Hollywood Cinema. Scroll below to find out more about Katharine Hepburns Height, Weight, Body Measurements, and many more facts. Cate Blanchett Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics - Healthy Celeb How? It's clear from photos of her in bikinis or mostly nude that she was very skinny in the last year or so of her life. College: American Academy of Dramatic Arts I'm think I'm going to go along with your thoughts on Elizabeth Taylor. And weight is 5 Feet 7 Inches and her weight 57 KG. There are a lot of surprises in there. Thanks Irene! Manager RGM Associates Build Slim Height 5 ft 8 in or 174 cm Weight 59 kg or 130 pounds Boyfriend / Spouse Cate Blanchett met Australian playwright Andrew Upton in 1996 when they were working on the play The Seagull. I can imagine how happy you are about that. Howard Hughes (1935 1938) Perhaps it was from the PR studios? According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth was $30 Million at the time of her death. James Stewart (1938 1939) She's been listed at everything from 5'2" to 5'6"; in his Lombard bio "Screwball," Larry Swindell states she was 5'4 1/2", while Jean Garceau, longtime personal secretary for both Lombard and Clark Gable, said Carole was a mere 5'2". She was of English, Scottish, and Welsh descent. Katharine Hepburn Body Measurements Katharine Hepburn body measurements was bust-waist-hip 34-22-33 in inches or 86.5-56-84 in cntmtr, her bra size was 32B with cup size B. We are the same height and shoe size reportedly, but I'm 31-25-33 and weigh 115. And the site carolelombard.org (independent from my carole-and-co.livejournal.com site) says she was listed at 5'5 1/2" on her driver's license; other stats there include a weight of 112, glove size 6 1/4, stocking size 9 and lingerie size 32.Loretta Young was taller than generally believed -- her relatives have told me she was between 5'6" and 5'7", but didn't reach her full height until age 21 (in 1934, meaning she literally grew up on screen!). That wouldn't have been considered large in 1932, at the tail end of the vogue for boyish, slim-hipped, small-breasted, sportive figures. Generally, she looked fleshy, as in The Seven Year Itch, yet people say her famous costume would barely fit on a modern size 2 mannequin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". I'd add a few inches onto all of Sophia Loren's, she doesn't look skinny, she looks very feminine and I'd say her hips are at least 40" which would be a UK size 14. Hepburn's youth Katharine Hepburn was born on May 12, 1907, in Hartford, Connecticut. Join film and fashion historian Kimberly Truhler for the third event in her series HISTORY OF FASHION IN FILM! Her early years in the film industry were marked with success, including an Academy Award for her third picture, Morning Glory (1933), but this was followed by a series of commercial failures that led her to be labeled "box office poison" in 1938. Who Is Katharine Houghton's Husband? Interesting but dubious. At her thinnest she was only 115 but that was the last year of her life. At 5' 7", Hepburn weighed 110 pounds her entire adult life, but according to her family, she never dieted. She and her aristocratic beauty, abrupt manner and a free view of the conventions became popular in spite of conventional beauty trends. Actually, learning that changed the way I have viewed my figure. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. This habit started in her parents house. :). This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors. Yes, those studios really liked to control things, didn't they? Heights are barefeet estimates, derived from quotations, official websites, agency resumes, in person encounters with actors at conventions and pictures/films. She rode horses, swam and played golf and tennis. Very interesting! These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Katharine Hepburn: Age, Wiki, Biography, Trivia, Birthday & Photos Katharine Hepburn is a Actor, Stage Artist, Writer from Hartford, Connecticut, United States, Katharine Hepburn was born on May 12, 1907, and is currently 115 years old. We also know that she drank a lot of water, but she had never tried to sit after dinner and didnt eat so much to make her stomach stretch. Also look at the women in comparison to their male stars. women to do so, Distinctive way of speaking, with what many say is a "Bryn Mawr" accent, Despite her success at the Oscars, she never attended an Academy Awards and are thus pretty meaningless. I know, Silver Screenings! Also, after WWII when Dior's "New Look" came out, heavy duty foundation garments came back into style to achieve that tiny-waisted, pointy-breasted look-bullet bras, girdles, even updated corsets and crinolines under skirts. But it's always fascinating to me to get some sense of their size, especially height when so many of these women seemed larger than life onscreen.You know, I think I always have something of an ulterior motivation to make people--particularly women--understand that we shouldn't be so attached to numbers or images that are pushed out by the media, seen in magazines, and so on. Katharine did not consider herself as beautiful and refused to play the role of a Hollywood star. Katharine Houghton Hepburn (May 12, 1907 June 29, 2003) was an American actress. You're right about the changes in sizes--if you go to my Vintage Sizes & Silhouettes permanent page, you'll see this chart and a huge discussion on the evolution of sizing in women's clothing. You know what? Katharine Hepburn Eye and Hair color Katharine Hepburn Net worth Katharine Hepburn was an American actress who had a net worth equal to $30 million . Thanks for your interest, Anonymous #2. At the age of 96, Katharine Hepburn height is 5 ft 7 in (1.715 m). Katharine Martha Houghton wiki profile will be updated soon as we collect Katharine Martha Houghton Hepburn's Height, weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size soon as . Katharine Hepburn was born on Sunday and have been alive for 35,112 days, Katharine Hepburn next B'Day will be after 0 Months, 12 Days, See detailed result below. Katharine Hepburn was born in Hartford, Connecticut, USA. My family is German and on the taller side, and the girls all have bigger ribcages/chests with smaller waists. And you're right to be suspicious--some numbers we know came straight from studio PR (e.g. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. what you are expecting to give - which is everything. Wood was proud of being the same size as her idol, and reportedly borrowed her dress from "streetcar" for a costume ball, without needing any adjustment. She indulged in a little pleasure, because a person misses the pleasure she loses the joy of life. "Wed walk for miles. For most of her life Kate was an excellent athlete. The Joan Crawford Mildred Pierce pinafore was tiny. More about Katharine Hepburn Bio, Wiki, Net Worth, Salary, Height, Age, Relationship, Career. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Katharine Martha Houghton Hepburn : Age, Height & Weight Katharine Martha Houghton Hepburn's age 73 years (age at death) (as in 2019), height Unknown & weight Not Available. Katharine Hepburn`s height, weight. Secrets of long life - Stars Changes They converted all of the dress sizes in the late 60 early 70's to the standars we now have. The bottom line is that essentially it's meaningless because it has changed so much. Her face was beautiful beyond belief. The Breakfast at Tiffany's star's British father left her family when she was six. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with I live in Denmark we use kg and cm for measuerments. Great information Kimberly. By Paramount (Bud Fraker), via Wikimedia Commons Classic Hollywood Actresses Audrey Heights You May Be Interested Marilyn Monroe 5ft 5 (166 cm) Katharine Hepburn In Feet And Inches = 5 Feet 8 Inches In Centimeters = 176.784 cm In Meters = 1.76784 m Katharine Hepburn Weight Weight In Kg = 55.0 kg Weight In Pounds = 121 lbs Katharine Hepburn is a Actress, Writer, Soundtrack who is known for his handsome looks and muscular physique. I put this chart together more to bring these people more to life as we only see them in two dimensions on the silver screen. "She had a healthy metabolism, but she was not excessive. The Marilyn Monroe dresses were absolutely tiny, maybe a UK size 8 for the white Seven Year Itch iconic one, and the ones she looked very big in in Some Like It Hot were certainly no bigger than a UK size 12, and she looked so much bigger in that movie than in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, on screen. Not 5"3. Hi, I really appreciate this chart of starlet sizes. She was named the greatest female star of classic Hollywood cinema by the American Film Institute in 1999. My dress size today depends on where I get my dress. Her husband is Ken Jenkins (1 January 1970 - present) ( 3 children) Katharine Houghton Net Worth Instead of showing off curves in tight dresses, she preferred to put her thin and athletic body in men's pants. Maybe if you calculate hip to waist ratio you can determine if some of these measurements are more or less accurate. Katharine Hepburn Biography - Popular Celebrity Biography Katharine Hepburn was born in Connecticut, United States. Actually that's a nice, healthy size. I love how much everyone is studying this information. 5"1. Interesting that you pointed out Bergman--I believe that her height added to the tension between her and Bogart on CASABLANCA. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. All Rights Reserved. Even I have to remind myself to stand up straight since I'm so much taller than the average woman (5'4") and man (5'8"). Your email address will not be published. What was Katharine Hepburn's shoe size? Katharine Hepburn's height is Update Soon and her weight is Update Soon. Shearer also wore the Adrian bias-cut satin gowns so often in her early films that they were known as "Norma's nightgowns". First I was like, "Hey, why is Katharine Hepburn all the way at the bottom?' This site uses cookies to serve you better. Katharine Hepburn's Height 5ft 6 (168.9 cm) American actress best remembered for films such as Bringing Up Baby, African Queen, On Golden Pond, Woman of the Year, Adam's Rib, The Lion in Winter, Holiday, Summertime, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner and The Philadelphia Story.