What does owning the footage of Kevin Jones' monster ace that has gone viral mean for disc golf media company GK Pro? Is this page missing information or in need of corrections? Compared to 2018, the Disc Golf Pro Tour payouts were 58% higher in 2021, with National Tour payouts up 61%. Ultiworld Disc Golf is the premier news media site dedicated to the sport of disc golf. Build strong habits now, so you can enjoy every bit of tomorrow. Eagle Wynne McMahon, for example, has a successful YouTube channel, which probably helps to supplement his professional income. I was feeling so motivated and prepared for this first round of Worlds and every consecutive round after. Privacy Policy. Ive often wondered if pro disc golf players make any money for playing the game professionally. However, it is not be as big as the sports but the future looks bright for professional disc golfers. For years Eric Oakley was the face of Dynamic Discs. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. In the past, Orum was primarily a regional player where he mostly stayed home in the South. Jones was ranked #12 in our Composite Rankings MPO on April 18th, 2023. Today we look at a form breakdown . Theyre awesome people I want to be like on and off the course.. Kevin Jones | Athlete | Professional Frisbee Thrower - KJ USA LLC With the increase in media coverage and the growth of disc golf sales and sponsorship there is actually more money to be made through professional disc golf than ever before. Five rounds take a lot of focus, mental, and physical stamina. Its said that his contract was even renegotiated to a higher sum recently due to the popularity of his disc sales with Discraft. We may see a time when a million-dollar sponsorship for a professional disc golfer is commonplace or even a small amount as it would be in other sports. You need to participate in PDGA sanctioned tournaments and work to win them. 1,746 likes, 18 comments - Kevin Jones (@kevjusa) on Instagram: "One of the greatest things about playing disc golf for a living is meeting so many different peop." Kevin Jones on Instagram: "One of the greatest things about playing disc golf for a living is meeting so many different people and fans. Effortless accuracy4. Save 10% off your first order when you join our crew. Pro earnings come from a variety of tournament payouts and sponsorship deals. Also, each tournament will not only give the top player but also to the top percentage of player field as determined by the tournament director. Companies like Innova, pay their professional players bonuss for winning tournaments while representing their brand. Grind Goes on in Arkansas - Disc Golf Pro Tour Photo: DGPT With the first PDGA Major of the year completed just a few days ago, the PDGA Elite Series and Disc Golf Pro Tour heads to Jonesboro, Arkansas for the 2023 Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open presented by Prodigy. Money Talks: Disc Golf's All-Time Top Earners & More | UDisc Edward Jones - In COVID-19 Crisis, Older Americans Are More Resilient Than Younger Generations, Edward Jones and Age Wave Research Finds . On top of that, Paul recently earned a Discraft sponsorship that will pay him north of $1,000,000 spread across four years with sales incentives on signature discs. There are also A-tier, B-tier, and C-tier tournaments, below are the events. On the downside, the cost of joining the tournament should also be considered and if you take a look at the prizes and then deducted as an expense. Some sponsored pros simply get tournament registration fees paid for or gas reimbursements as their sponsorship deals. The table below will show you the average prizes given to every player depending on their ranking on different PDGA events. Find a Financial Advisor | Edward Jones Tropical Fruit, herby, citrus notes with sweet, floral, fruity, and dry cocoa aromas. He is the biggest name representing Infinite Discs and EV7. Discraft is not the only brand backing McBeth. Photo: Brittany Dickerson DGPT. Whether Im smashing it backhand, forehand, or a roller, a lot of this tournament rides on how well Im throwing my D2s. This past off season he decided to maximize his online marketing skills for his own benefit and signed with Infinite Discs. ago. Sign up for our newsletter to get alerts about new deals! With 95 career wins, you can expect Hokoms strong forehand game to continue to land her on top of the prize podium. Sponsorships are where the real money is. Kevin Jones | In The Bag 2023 : r/discgolf - Reddit The Prodigy Disc PA-3 is their top selling putt & approach disc. Times are certainly changing as disc golf continues to rise in popularity. Shop All Kevin Jones Disc Golf Products - Prodigy Disc Matt Orum is the prime example of a professional disc golfer who makes money playing disc golf, but is by no means ultra wealthy. The average yearly income for disc golfers at the pro level is approximately $116,000, but those with sponsorships tend to make considerably more than that. 2019 Cypress Point Disc Golf. 231K subscribers in the discgolf community. Simon is arguably the most entertaining person in disc golf and has a social media following that rivals McBeth. I know I and most everyone else will be rewatching that shot and all the reactions for a long time! United States Tour Rank: #14. The list below shows the top prize payout in 2019. and our When it comes to disc golf earnings, Paul McBeth set a new standard as to potential. Now he has his very own line of coffee. This contract is an extension of a similar contract he signed 4 years ago for a million dollars. First off, my name is James. Of course, I feel that disc golf is a wonderful sport for pros and casual players alike, and spreading the game to more people can only be a good thing. Speaking of the best player in the world, one of the top-ranked players today is Paul McBeth. . For professional players, these are the best sources of income. The Stream Engine: Making The Most Of Kevin Jones' Ace Kevin Jones at 2021 PDGA Pro Worlds. The Distortion is an overstable approach disc in the Prodigy Collabs Series. 3828 Dogwood Lane, Appling, GA, USA 30802-3012 Phone:+1-706-261-6342, DGPT - OTB Open presented by MVP Disc Sports, DGPT Silver - Beaver State Fling Presented by Innova, DGPT Silver - Discraft's Cascade Challenge presented by GRIPeq, DGPT Elite+ 2023 Portland Open presented by Latitude 64, DGPT Silver Zoo Town Open Presented by Ink Realty Group Driven by Innova, DGPT - The TruBank Des Moines Challenge presented by Discraft, DGPT - The Preserve Championship powered by Prodigy, DGPT Silver - GRIPeq 41st Kansas City Wide Open Sponsored by Dynamic Discs, DGPT - LWS Open at Idlewild presented by Dynamic Discs & The Nati, Jim Palmeri's 50th AFDO presented by Dynamic Discs, 2023 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships, DGPT Silver - Discmania Open Presented by Discmania, 2023 MX Disc Golf Championship - Powered by Dynamic Discs, DGPT - Las Vegas Challenge presented by Innova, DGPT - The Open at Austin presented by Lone Star Disc, DGPT Elite - Music City Open presented by Lone Star Disc, DGPT Silver - Innova Blue Ridge Championship at North Cove, DGPT - Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open presented by Prodigy. Access to the game is also becoming much more mainstream. I pushed for the lead but fell just short, placing third. Career Wins: 43. Now that certainly seems like a ton of money, but huge money just isnt typical for most professional disc golfers. Jones dropped to #14 (from #13) in our Composite Rankings MPO on November 1st, 2022. How about Tiger Woods? Ultiworld Disc Golf is the premier news media site dedicated to the sport of disc golf . 79 votes, 78 comments. The Distortion is comfortable whether you're going backhand or forehand, and you'll quickly see why it's Kevin's go-to when he's looking to find his way onto the green. Get out and play some Disc Golf! Membership Status: Current (until 31-Dec-2023) Official Status: Certified (until 27-Mar-2026) Current Rating: 1033 +2 (as of 14-Mar-2023) Career Events: 210. As low as $20.99. Edward Jones - Four Investment Strategies to Put Time on Your Side. Professional Disc Golf Association. The earnings drop off considerably further down the list. Of course the low 2020 total was pandemic-related, but it's still interesting to note the 98% increase from 2020's $3,257,522 to 2021's $6,463,571 purse total. Though the prize money is really quite small, usually between $1,000-$3,000 for first place. Lay out. The PM disc line includes the following discs: You will notice that these discs are more expensive than other molds of similar plastics, and you can probably guess where this extra money goes. Your claim only works if it is assumed that all disc golf companies are screwing over all the players on their contracts, and that even contracts themselves are some sort of oppressive, authoritarian exercise, Your capitalist opinions aside, and some of your assertions are quite accurate in the broad landscape of capitalism . Career Earnings: $198,484.99. The jump between 2020 and 2021 payouts shown in the chart above is the largest season-to-season change ever in pro disc golf. With more and more companies willing to sponsor the tournaments, the potential is unlimited for all professional disc golfers. Kevin Jones returns to talk about his contract extension and two new discs in the prodigy lineup 39 19 Sports 19 comments Best Add a Comment hangloosetwice 9 mo. Top Professional Disc Golf Sponsorship Contracts, Sponsor Bonuses for Winning Major Tournaments, Difference Between Golf and Disc Golf Courses. His performance at the DGPT Championships this year will be remembered for a long time. His YouTube videos get thousands of views and are able to bring home a decent monthly income from YouTube ad revenue. My F5s also come in handy for delicate fairway shots. With Paul McBeths multi-million deals, I am very optimistic that we will see a million-prized tournament soon. Joe Mixon is coming off a lackluster year and is set to count $12.8 million against the salary cap. Nate is the Innova Team captain and is most well known these days for his professional disc golf commentary. Kevin Jones talking with Gannon about a "boring" Prodigy disc - Live At the writing of this article, Wysocki is currently the #1 rated disc golfer in the world. Not bad for somebody who plays a game for a living, huh? Not to mention percentages of merchandise sales and other personal products. Kevin aka KJUSA has been a stalwart on Team Prodigy since joining the roster, picking up big wins on the PDGA and Disc Golf Pro Tour circuits. Besides the fact that he doesnt have any World Championship and very few major tournament wins, Simon is likely one of the top earning professional disc golfers. It is rumored that he earns $4 for each disc sold, and that he sold more than 100,000 PM line discs last year. With the sports increasing popularity, more and more companies will be interested and will pour money on sponsorship deals and prize money which is beneficial to all professional disc golfers. Kevin Jones Hometown: Fort Smith, Arkansas Home course: Bell Park DGC, Greenwood, Arkansas Age: 21 Dominant throw: Right-hand backhand Sponsor: Prodiscus Throws: Razeri, Destroyer, Midari Putts: Wizard "Man, I have a super complicated story," Kevin Jones says with a laugh. . Hokom signed a lucrative deal with MVP disc sports in 2020 where she is that manufacturers most high profile female player. Is it possible for me to make a living playing disc golf? Kevin Jones: Form Breakdown | WHY HE CAN THROW 400+ // DISC GOLF 101 By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Share 0 36. 234. So you have been playing disc golf for a while now and have been consistently honing your skills and form. The Reverb is a high-speed distance driver that isdependable and versatile for all my driving needs. Eagle was the Discmania Prodigy and sidekick of Simon Lizotte. Dollar wise, he is the all time winningest player in disc golf history. But one thing we do know is that this 530-foot hole-in-one shot from Kevin Jones is out of this world. It is an overstable distance driver with a reliable finish. Currently, Sarah Hokom is the #3 ranked female disc golfer in the world. Its not just about the money here. Time will only tell, as to what other companies may hop on board the McBeth train. Most touring professional disc golfers would barely scrape by living paycheck to paycheck to make it to the next tournament. It used to be that professional disc golfers played solely for the love of the game. Kevin Jones Extends Contract Through 2026 - Prodigy Disc It has a smooth, rounded feel and a slightly slimmer profile than putters traditionally used for putting. Third-down back Samaje Perine left in free agency. 2023 Jonesboro Open | MPO R1F9 | Jones, Heimburg, Mkel - YouTube Watch This Disc Golfer Nail A 530-Foot Hole-In-One While Falling Over There were a lot of strong points of my playing at this course. Nate Sexton is still a good disc golfer, but makes the bulk of his money from massive sales of his high demand signature Color Glow Firebirds. McBeth's career tournament earnings total $491,130.09 as of July,29 2020. The DGPT tour championship offered a prize of $20,000 to the top player while the United Disc Golf Championship offered a $10,000 top purse. He has a likeable personality and this helps translate into demand for his big money Firebirds. 1. Cypresspointgolf.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. _KelVarnsen_ 2 mo. Simply put, Portland Open was all about the D2. Anyone reading this article may well recognize the name Paul McBeth, but are you able to name another 10 professional disc golfers? For many pro players, the bulk of their income comes from the sale of fundraiser and signature discs. Learn more. Within the lower 48 states of the United States. After signing a three-year deal with Prodigy Disc prior to the 2019 season, Kevin Jones is committing for the long-term with a four-year extension with the Georgia-based manufacturer. When there is an interest in the sport, the money will be there. He has earned a total of almost $400k since starting to play sanctioned events in 1987. Kevin Jones Pro Series Disc Collections sporting the KJ Logo. He is the Tiger Woods of disc golf. Some sponsors like Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs pay their team members salaries. My Pa3s are extremely helpful out here since they are one of the best throwing putters on the market. Kevin joined Team Prodigy in 2019, and has since picked up high profile DGPT wins. These are the moments I dream about. Career Earnings: $198,484.99. You have also joined local tournaments for fun and ended winning a few dollars in prizes. This is the most obvious source of income that a professional disc golf player earns money. Copyright 1998-2023. Career Wins: 43. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. There was an estimate that around 2 million people are already playing the sport based on the volume of discs sold consistently. You can also attend paid speaking engagements in local disc golf events where you can share your knowledge and players with up-and-coming players and the young ones. The PDGA has said that it is a fastest growing sport in the whole world, and they all have the reasons to be optimistic. This is what makes these two the million dollar men. Of course, Paul McBeth who is now considered the Tiger Woods of disc golf deserves it. Paul McBeth is the most well-know professional disc golfers around. On hole 14, I found myself scrambling for par. 57. r/discgolf. However, I had some unfortunate breaks on hole 16 which would make it extremely hard to come back and win against James Conrad and Paul McBeth who were both playing extremely well. If you are not familiar, the PDGA has segregated each according to their level. Kevin Jones is a disc golfer. "This disc almost actually single-handedly won me the Majestic last year. President and CEO, Acushnet (owner of Titleist and FootJoy) $4,978,638 (includes base salary of $995,200, plus bonus and other incentive pay) . It should be said as well that high paying sponsorships are becoming more and more commonplace at the profession level for disc golfers which is making the sport more and more appealing as a career move. Copyright 1998-2023. A pro since 2009, Wysocki has career earnings of $506,832. 3. Welcome to Kevin Jones specialty line of branded discs! 40th place at Disc Golf Pro Tour events in 2019 earned an average of just $364.10. Some players are active on social media. Watch our latest catch up hear his plans, ambitions and what Kevin Jones disc golf looks like for the years to come. $11.05 per 12oz bag when you buy 25 or more bags. Jones is ranked in the Top 10 nationally and he earned his biggest purse. This may seem like a small detail, but its vitally important for the sport to gain interest. The possibility of being able to take a company thats on the edge of doing something huge and working to push it to that next level is very exciting, Jones said. I was out of position and had to resort to a grenade that had to travel as far straight up as it needed to carry forward. I know and I am confident that there are a lot of players who will follow McBeths footstep in terms of making money out of sponsorship deals. Product sales are also a good indicator that the sports popularity is on the rise. Players like Paul McBeth are pushing for the sport to become more mainstream; hes said he feels companies like Innova can do more to promote the sport with commercials and other promotional material. If youre interested in hearing more about this adventure, you can check out the video on Lukes YouTube channel. Portland, and Oregon in general, is an awesome place to explore and adventure. For sure, their channels which have thousands of subscribers helps in increasing their income from other sources. Depending on the success of this new line of discs, which has not even released yet at the time of this writing, Drew has potential to make millions of dollars over his lifetime. Upcoming Events. The PDGA (Professional Disc Golf Association), which is the disc golf equivalent of the NBA or the NFL was founded in 1976. The 22 season is here, and I couldnt be more excited. Ive never been more in love with this sport and dedicated to this game as I am right now. For one, the membership of the association has grown over the years. Kevin Jones - Ultiworld Disc Golf In his first World Championship victory in 1990, he earned $2042.. She absolutely dominates the Female Pro Open Division. Contact us! Its estimated that she makes more than a half million dollars a year from her disc line sales and bonuses. Disc Golf World Tour 2016 | Property of Spin18 Ltd. | All rights reserved. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands (USD $). Who Is Kevin Jones? - Ultiworld Disc Golf The number of disc golf courses had almost tripled from 2000 to 2008 alone and has only grown since. Oliver (Chip) Brewer III. These are some of the most popular selling discs from the major disc golf retailers.