window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotRenderEnded', function(event) { Mini Bio (1) Actress Natalie Desselle Reid hailed from Alexandria, Louisiana. Natalie Desselle Reid, Actress in 'Eve' TV Series and - Yahoo She brought such joy and laughter to so many and her legacy will live on in the incredible work she leaves behind. She was 53. Reid was by her side when she passed away. ", Sending my love and condolences out to Natalie Desselle family. She was a bright light in this world. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. Desselle-Reid's manager, Dolores Robinson, confirmed the news on . "She was a bright light in this world. Natalie Desselle Reid. The news of Natalie Desselle Reid 's death at the age of 53 was a surprise to those who followed her career. "On this day to the one I still cry for and miss the most My Mother Thelma Lee Sherman Desselle", "Natalie Desselle, Comedic Heart of 'BAPS' and 'Eve,' Dies at 53", Classmates, 1982 Peabody Magnet High School (Alexandria, Louisiana) Yearbook, "Natalie Desselle Reid, comic actress, dies at 53", "Actress Natalie Desselle-Reid From "B.A.P.S." I'll love you forever my sweet friend."[12][13]. She was 53. May her memory be a blessing. The actress was surrounded by her family at the time of the death. Desselle Reid appeared in guest roles in a number of series over the years, including ER, Yes, Dear and Family Matters. In 1997 she also played Minerva in the ABC TV musical Cinderella, which starred Whitney Houston, Brandy, Whoopi Goldberg, Bernadette Peters, Jason Alexander and Victor Garber. ga('ads.send', { }) eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Fans also expressed condolences on social media. Realizing Hollywood was not aware of her "arrival" she became a receptionist, a soul food waitress and lastly a tank mechanic at McDonnell Douglas. Natalie Desselle Reids cause of death was colon cancer. The acting bug bit her after a starring role in Grambling's production of "Bubbling Brown Sugar." After several productions as a thespian, she decided to move to Los Angeles and test the . Natalie Desselle Reid died on December 7, 2020, at age 53 Actress Natalie Desselle-Reid died Monday morning from colon cancer, her family announced in an Instagram post. An extraordinary mother and wife," the statement continues. An extraordinary mother and wife. Actress: B*A*P*S. Actress Natalie Desselle Reid hailed from Alexandria, Louisiana. She was a professional American actress and comedian who was known for her roles in films such as "BAP*S," "Eve," and "Madea's Big Happy Family,". This page was last modified on 24 February 2023, at 16:15. Natalie Desselle Reid, 'B.A.P.S' and 'Eve' star, dead at 53 - Yahoo },false) Desselle-Reid starred in many films, including Madea's Big Happy Family, and guest starred in Family Matters. She died on December 7, 2020. According to TMZ, the actress was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. A queen. eventAction: 'view' The news of Natalie Desselle Reid's death at the age of 53 was a surprise to those who followed her career. pg.acq.push(function() { Desselle-Reid was one of four children born to Thelma Lee (ne Sherman; 19451999) and Paul Desselle Jr. in Alexandria, Louisiana. Dies", "Actress Natalie Desselle Reid, known for 'B.A.P.S.,' 'Eve,' dies at 53 from colon cancer, family says", "Actress Natalie Desselle-Reid dead at 53 from colon cancer", "Actress Natalie Desselle-Reid, Known for Cinderella and B.A.P.S., Dies at 53", "Natalie Desselle-Reid, 'Madea' and 'B.A.P.S.' 2. Natalie Desselle Reid - Updated Apr 2023 - Biography Mask She got married to Leonard Reid in 2003, but not much is known about him because he has chosen to live a life largely outside the world of show business. gonna need a minute. We've received your submission. Leonard Reid-Parents, Wife, Natalie Desselle, Children, Net Worth According to Celebrity Net Worth, Natalie's total wealth was $500,000. MEAWW is an initialism for Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide. Who Is Natalie Desselle Reid's Family? How They're Mourning Her She was 53. , Photo by Lou Rocco/Walt Disney Television via Getty Images, Who is Matthew Thelen? But she also never posted any pictures of Leonard Reids family, parents, or other relatives. Rest In Peace, Sweet GirlFolded hands., Just absolutely decimated by this news Natalie Desselle Reid Wiki, Age, Husband, Cause of Death, Family, Net co-star Natalie Desselle Reid: 'I'll love you forever my sweet friend', "Halle Berry 'heartbroken' over death of 'B.A.P.S.' The Alexandria, Louisiana, natives death was confirmed by JeCaryous Johnson, CEO of JeCaryous Entertainment, which had been planning a stage adaption of B.A.P.S.. She was surrounded by Leonard Reid and their daughters at the time of her death. if(document.querySelector("#ads")){ Their marriage was a private ceremony that took place in the presence of close friends and family. Natalie kept her private life and her professional life separate, but she was clearly loved by her family for reasons that had very little to do with her on-screen personas. Natalie Ann Desselle-Reid (July 12, 1967 - December 7, 2020) was an American actress who performed in several films, including B.A.P.S., Def Jam's How to Be a Player, Set It Off and Cinderella, and the television series Built to Last, For Your Love, and Eve. Her B.A.P.S. co-star, Oscar winner Halle Berry, tweeted, Im in total shock completely heartbroken. She took to Instagram on Monday, Dec. 7 to share an emotional tribute to her late B*A*P*S co-star. She is survived by her husband, Leonard Reid and three children. Natalie Desselle Reid Biography Natalie Desselle Reid Wiki, Leonard Reid Wiki, Age, Natalie Desselle Reid Husband, Family, Net Worth, Children, Kids, Instagram, Tawny Kitaen Wiki, Net Worth, Suicide, Husband, Children, Drugs, Height, Botched Plastic Surgery, Pete Retzlaff Wiki, Age, Wife, Children, Cause of Death, Family, Net Worth, Philadelphia Eagles and Height, Fuquan Johnson Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Cause of Death, Wife, Family, Children, The Office, Movies, Wikipedia, Instagram, Obituary. Other stars, including Bow Wow and Danielle Brooks, also paid tribute to Desselle-Reid on social media. The pair were together until Natalie took her last breathe. Natalie Desselle Reid, Star of 'B.A.P.S.' and 'Eve,' Dies at 53 She was a bright light in this world. if(document.querySelector("#adunit")){ Im in total shock completely heartbroken. Natalie Desselle-Reid, 'Madea' and 'B*A*P*S*' actor, dies at 53 - NBC News appreciated. Halle Berry Mourns 'Extraordinarily Kind' 'B.A.P.S.' Co-star Natalie That same year, she played wicked stepsister Minerva in the beloved film version of Rodgers & Hammertseins Cinderella alongside Whitney Houston and Brandy. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Desselle-Reid died due to colon cancer on December 7, 2020, at the age of 53. She brought such joy and laughter to so many and her legacy will live on in the incredible work she leaves behind. I got to know her when my mom was managing her. }); Reid and Natalie tied their wedding knots on 6 April 2003. April Siese is a social media producer for CBS News, specializing in breaking news. December 8, 2020 / 7:11 AM As of this writing, it has raised more than $1,300. A GoFundMe has been set up in her honor. Furthermore, I believe that the couple dated each other for a while before marrying. Natalie's zodiac sign is Cancer. Natalie kept the news of her cancer diagnosis a secret for a long time. I'll love you forever my sweet friend.". Some Lesser Known Facts about Leonard Reid, Christine Fang (Chinese Spy) Wiki, Age, Husband, Net worth, Biography & More, Chudney Ross: Wiki, Age, Husband, Height, Net worth, Biography & More, Vincent Cassel Age, Wife, Height, Weight, Biography, Family, Net worth & Profile, Bhavani Sre Age, Height, Boyfriend, Parents, Caste, Net Worth, Biography, Movies & More, Who is Saira Banu? Actress and comedian Natalie Desselle-Reid has passed away after losing a private battle with colon cancer, reported TMZ. hitType: 'event', eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), She made her money from appearing in films and TV shows. She was 53 years old. Rest In Peace, Sweet Girl pic.twitter.com/BsyltHxKRG, Holly Robinson Peete (@hollyrpeete) December 7, 2020, Her manager Dolores Robinson, the mother of Holly Robinson Peete, tweeted: Natalie Desselle the beautiful talented actress passed away this morning. On Dec. 7, an announcement was posted to her Instagram account saying that she had died of colon cancer. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), "RIP Natalie Desselle Reid. Natalie Desselle Reid is popular for performing in films and television shows like "B.A.P.S", "Def Jam's How to Be a Player", "Built to Last", "Cinderella", and many more. Natalie was best known for her work in Madea's Big Happy Family and in the TV series Eve. Desselle Reids cause of death was colon cancer, which she had been secretly fighting since earlier this year. She graduated from Peabody Magnet High School and attended Grambling State University for 2 1/2 years. Actress Natalie Desselle-Reid died Monday morning from colon cancer, her family announced in an Instagram post. She was an amazing actress and comedienne but also an awesome mother & wife. Actor Natalie Desselle-Reid, known for her roles in "Madea's Big Happy Family," "Eve" and "B*A*P*S*," died Monday at the age of 53. This story has been shared 460,496 times. After several productions as a thespian, she decided to move to Los Angeles and test the waters. Naturally, we are grieving and processing this profound loss and we thank you in advance for respecting our privacy at this extremely difficult time. Natalie Desselle Reid, star of 1997 film 'B.A.P.S.,' dead at 53 He was raised in California by his parents and belongs to American nationality. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), She was diagnosed with colon cancer earlier this year, according to TMZ. Leonard stood by her when she was struggling with the battle of colon cancer. ActressHolly Robinson Peete said, "Just absolutely decimated by this newsActress Natalie Desselle, a bright shining star passed away this morning. Desselle Reids other roles included appearances in films like Cinderella starring Brandy, Set It Off and How to Be a Player.. I got to know her when my mom was managing her. From BAPS, to Eve, how to be a player, to the only Cinderella movie I acknowledge. Natalie was married to Leonard Reid from 2003 to the time of her death. By Variety. She was known for starring opposite Halle Berry . "Her diverse career touched so many and she will be loved forever," the caption reads. She will be so missedsending out prayers to her children and husband. eventAction: 'render' Natalie kept . But her light continues to shine through the people who grew up watching her, the people who knew her best and those of us who loved her. / CBS News. I got to know her when my mom was managing her. Natalie Desselle Reid, an actress known for her roles in films like "Madea's Big Happy Family" and "B*A*P*S" and the TV series "Eve," has died. She was a bright light in this world. Her diverse career touched so many and she will be loved forever. MEAWW brings you the best content from its global team of LOS ANGELES ( KLFY) - Actress Natalie Desselle Reid, who was known for her roles in the 1997 movie "B.A.P.S." and the UPN sitcom "Eve," has died. 5:14 PM EST, Mon December 7, 2020. She will live on through her art, read another comment. She was an amazing actress and comedienne but also an awesome mother & wife.