Market data provided by Factset. Orson and Orrin West have been missing since Dec. 21. Trezell West said hed accidentally left a back gate open, as CrimeOnline previously reported, while he stepped back into the house, as CrimeOnline previously reported. 24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events. He added the biological parents of Orrin and Orson didnt contribute to this DNA profile which suggests the toddlers didnt use this toothbrush. "Right now there are people outside the home, talking about where are the boys," said West. Now, the boys . When the boys' biological mother took the stand via Zoom Tuesday, the defense brought that tip back into question. Orrin and Orson were removed from her home after an unfounded accusation regarding her biological daughter, Sanders said. In June 2017, Dean gave birth to Orson. West Trial: Children's testimony, more on Arlington addresses expected Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. Trezell, Jacqueline West plead not guilty - KERO Biological Mother of Orrin and Orson West files a lawsuit - KBAK "I feel it and I feel like they're in the house and I feel like they did something.". Missing toddlers Orrin and Orson West are shown in undated family photos. Q&A: How does the grand jury process work? A California couple told police their 2 adopted sons went missing in 2020. WNW winds at 15 to 25 mph, decreasing to 5 to 10 mph. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Please log in, or sign up for a new account to continue reading. Charles Pettus is the biological father of Orrin West, 4, and Orson West, 3, whose birth names were Cinsere and Classic Pettus. #WestsTrial 25 Apr 2023 21:27:33 Missing Orrin & Orson West: Where Are The Boys? - Medium Low 51F. The agencys disregard of her concerns for the boys led to their deaths, according to the claim. Prosecutor Eric Smith later asked Dean if she had involvement in a possible. Charles Pettus is the biological father of Orrin and Orson, whose birth names were Classic and Cincere.The boys were removed from their biological mothers home by Child Protective Services and adopted by Trezell and Jacqueline West in September 2020. The West family is shown with missing toddlers Orrin and Orson West in an undated family photo. Every DNA sample taken from a piece of evidence was compared to Trezell West, Jacqueline West, their two biological children, their two adopted children aside from Orrin and Orson and the biological parents of the toddlers who were reported missing. and last updated 5:27 PM, Mar 02, 2022. The child's father said that he gave the baby two baths and that nothing else had happened that day. Biological mom accuses adoptive parents of foul play after two boys go Biological dad searches for sons who disappeared from back patio. I was looking through family members phones and then we watched the news, thats how we found out, Pettus said. He claimed in the lawsuit that Child Protective Services was negligent when they took his biological children away and placed them with a couple outside of friends and family. The Wests were indicted by a grand jury and arrested Tuesday night. Dean said in the suit that she fought to get her children back but that she was repeatedly denied. Orrin West and Orson West were named Classic Pettus and Cincere Pettus at birth. 3, 2022. California police are still searching for two children who were reported missing by their adopted parents last month, Fox Nation host Nancy Grace said in a new episode of "Crime Stories.". DNA results from one toothbrush collected from the West home showed it was used by a woman, he added. Thank you for reading! Their trial is tentatively set for May 23. After Orson was brought home, a Kern County sheriffs deputy took him away because the Kern County Human Services officials said they remove siblings together, according to the claim. The murder trial in that case is scheduled to begin May 23. Story tips can be sent to yael.halon@fox.com. For more details on the case and acloser look at some of today's most mysterious crime stories,join Fox Nationand watch"Crime Stories: Missing Boys.". Smith said in his opening statement Orrin was spotted dying by the Wests other child while the Wests lived in Bakersfield. Their biological father, Charles Pettus, has raised concerns about the adoption process and has filed a lawsuit against Kern County officials. She was allowed supervised visitation with her kids once they were cared for by a foster mother. Ryan Dean, the biological mother of both Orrin and Orson later testified that she had an apartment in Arlington. A request for comment was not returned Friday by the Kern County Counsels Office or by Kern County Human Services, which operates Child Protective Services. Orrin And Orson West Parents, Adoptive Parents & Biological Parents Kern County District Attorney Cynthia Zimmer said during a March 2 news conference announcing the charges that the boys bodies have never been found. She confirmed she has an apartment in Arlington. 00:00 / 00:00. The boys were adopted in 2019. The . I dont want my kids to be deceased, I want them to come back home because my kids is all I got, Charles Pettus, biological father to the West boys, said. Later that day, a Memorial Hospital staff member informed Dean that Kern County Human Services would be taking Orrin because they believed he had been abused, the claim alleges. Biological family reacts to West Boys' update - Yahoo News "I realized that I left the back gate open and I panicked and came inside the house. High near 70F. Dean said in the suit that the state "had a duty" to protect her children but instead placed them in a home that was a "state-created danger." Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.. Overcast. However, Dean testified she didn't know her kids were adopted or that their names were changed. Speed. Activist glues palm to podium on live, Erdogan says Turkish forces killed IS chief in Syria, El Chapo sons charged with smuggling cheap fentanyl, UN agency suspends food aid to Ethiopias Tigray, Gwyneth Paltrow denied attorneys fees in ski crash, DA to again retry penalty phase for ex-deputy who, 1 arrested after vehicle pursuit, cocaine and gun, McCarthy underscores bipartisan US support in speech, Waste of time: Community college transfers hit, BestReviews.com - Top gifts to make everyone happy this spring, Surprise your mom with one of these Mothers Day, Mothers Day inspo: This foot massager has 20,000, Drew Barrymores Walmart collection is perfect for, Best Mothers Day gifts for the budding plant mom, Best Mothers Day Gifts for moms obsessed with books, Mental Health Mondays: Exercises for your brain, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. "They were playing with chalk [outside], I came into the house, I saw them there," West told KBAK/KBFX. DNA evidence presents mixed picture of toddlers' whereabouts No matter how long it takes, how hard its going to be, I wont give, I will never give up.. The Wests reported Orrin and Orson were missing in December 2020. Zimmer alleged in the March news conference the boys were murdered three months prior to their adoptive parents reporting them missing. Parents of missing California City boys charged with murder - Los They could face 30 years to life in prison if convicted. For the latest true crime and justice news,subscribe to the Crime Stories with Nancy Grace podcast. Legal Statement. Trezell and Jacqueline have two biological children and two additional adoptive ones. His parents didnt call for help, he told investigators, and instead discussed keeping Orrins death a secret. They were ordered held without bail, with the judge calling them "a significant and substantial risk to public safety. Who is Orson and Orrin West biological mother? - Vim Buzz Orsons DNA was excluded as a match, Kim added. That reward, initially offered at $30,000 by extended members of the West family, has increased to $120,000 -- contributed by multiple parties. Their attorneys say the disappearance remains a missing persons case and that police took the easy way out to explain why they couldnt find the boys charge the parents with murder, KGET reports. Torres Stallings also asked Dean if she's ever lied to law enforcement. According to the claim, the damages were calculated from emotional distress, pain, suffering, humiliation and the loss of enjoyment of life. Agent Hunter said he passed that information along to the Bakersfield Police Department. West Trial Day 12: Biological mother of Orrin and Orson testifies 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. Orrin was first taken from his biological parents after he was transported to the hospital in 2016, according to the claim. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. "I don't have not one evil bone in my body, and for this to happen to me, it's a lot for me," Dean said. While she wanted to get her children back, even going to parenting classes, Dean testified that she had no involvement, nor did she employ anyone else to take the boys. Prosecutor Eric Smith later asked Dean if she had involvement in a possible. The boys were removed from their biological mother's home by Child Protective Services and adopted by Trezell and Jacqueline West in September 2020. "We have not ruled anyone out," Walker said. Kern County District Attorney's Office via AP, Biological mom of two brothers allegedly killed by adoptive parents files lawsuit, two California brothers alleged to have been killed by their adoptive parents, should be considered innocent until proven guilty. And what youll hear (through testimony), (Adrian) knew if they told somebody they would be taken away from their parents, Smith said. Crime Stories with Nancy Grace on Fox Nation: Missing Boys. The lack of toothbrushes and dirty diapers led California City police officers to believe the toddlers didnt live in California City, according to prior testimony. Get all the stories you need-to-know from the most powerful name in news delivered first thing every morning to your inbox. The suit alleges that shortly after they moved in with the West family, Dean "began to see a change in her children." Their adoptive parents, Trezell and Jacqueline West, have been charged with their deaths. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Cal City Boys: Biological mother, grandmother seek $40 million - KBAK She is seeking $40 million in damages. This wide-ranging evidence was presented by a prosecutor Tuesday as he attempted to prove adoptive parents Trezell and Jacqueline West murdered their adoptive children Orrin, 4, and Orson,. asked Torres Stallings. Last month, adoptive parents Trazell and Jacqueline West were arrested on murder charges. "Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van. Trezell and Jacqueline West Accused of Killing Orrin and Orson West in Unknown to Dean, CPS allowed Trezell and Jacqueline West to formally adopt the brothers in September 2020, the claim states. DeSantis board approves suing Disney in latest tug-of-war, FDIC recommends raising insured deposit limit for, West Trial Day 14: Prosecution begins calling West, Man arrested for possessing child sex abuse material:, Truex wins NASCAR race at Dover for 3rd time on a, Texas college ballplayer stable after struck by stray, Flames fire head coach Sutter after disappointing, AP Interview: Owner Vincent Viola talks Panthers,, Grab your fancy duds for Met Gala mania with Karl, NBA Playoffs: A star-studded Round 2 of the playoffs, Reward increases to $125K for information leading, READ MORE: 10 months later: Orrin and Orson West remain missing from California City, Bakersfield Police Department took over the investigation seven months ago, Picnic-planning ideas for the spring season, Everything you need to know about choosing the perfect, 13 luxurious bags that are way cheaper than they, Tornadoes in Virginia and Florida, flooding in other, Bed Bath & Beyond liquidation sale has started, 3 arrested for shooting firearm, meth on Kentucky, Horse euthanized after being struck by vehicle on, UN envoy says Sudans warring sides agree to negotiate, May Day: Worlds workers rally, France sees pension, Biden: US-Philippines ironclad partners amid China, Toll rises to 110 in Kenyan cult starvation deaths, Russia missile attack on Ukraine injures 34, damages, Bomb attack in Bulgaria targets chief prosecutors, Helpful hand?