It's become common for packages not to get scanned when dropped off. I shipped two Ebay packages with First Class to my buyers on Tuesday (4/13) and it has yet to update my tracking info. Unfortunately, sometimes there is a problem, and you will find that the USPS shipment tracking is not updating. The USPS considers a package lost if tracking information has not been updated in seven days. New seller here. On top of that, there is an issue with the latest scanner update at USPS not generating an acceptance scan specificallyforeBay labels. I would never put packages in these things unless you are sure it is a box that is getting the items scanned. Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item - US Global Mail It may also not be updated after you drop it off because its in the queue at a USPS facility, or the postal workers who scan the packages did not get around to it that day. With the lines the way they are now - who has time for that? USPS isnotoriously sloppy about tracking info and eBay knows it, that is why their policy states that acceptance notification is not a requirement, anything put in along the way up to and including the delivery confirmation notice satisfies the eBay requirement. The buyer never left feedback so no ding on the account but I lost the item and the money, plus shipping. Can video camera at post office prove that we drop off the packages? They also have the ability to contact your mail carrier directly so that they can do a physical check for the package if it somehow was lost in the cracks. Just a guess, but there might be a problem if the postage is variable by distance and you handed it off in a different zone than your eBay shipping address that is farther from the destination thereby requiring more postage than what you paid. Learn why we built direct mail automation. It was on camera that USPS picked it up at an authorized UPS store. You can report a missing USPS package by filing a claim at the USPS claims site. So, if youre building a direct mail campaign in the United States or Canada, arm yourself with the best direct mail solutions by creating your free account today. Tracking is actually delivery confirmation and sometimes the only scan is the one they do when they deliver the package. Not sure what your tracking status means? Complete your search request form by providing all the required information and select submit. Complete a change of address online and deliver the form to your local post office. Contact us, No contract. Did they ever find your package? I used the shipping calculator on USPS.com to ship packages over one pound and every time it says I must use priority mail which cost $60. Learn about direct mail automation software. But if you call or visit the postmaster EVERY TIME something doesn't get scanned, they will soon get tired of dealing with you and it will start getting done. This is the BEST service around for mail forwarding. It could be because the barcode is not easy to scan. The kiosk might also work, but I've not tried it. Some may not cradle until closing up for lunch/closing up for the day. Rated 4.7 / 5 based on 1,047 reviews. you do understand that an acceptance scan doesn't do much except reassure your buyer that it's in the mail. Packages never scanned after drop off. The sender or receiver of a USPS package can file a claim, but the original purchase receipt must be available. Sometimes it means that the mail carrier has forgotten to scan your package when they loaded it onto the vehicle for delivery, but sometimes it also means that they have not scanned it after dropping it off at your address, either. Then she took the slip that I print out from the kiosk and when to back of the office, came out with a printed form paper, and told me it is in process but refuse to tell me where and not even like to show me the printed paper. Combine that with the fact that you can then have that package forwarded to any address you like (including international addresses) and the extra convenience of the US Global Mail service becomes immediately apparent. Heres a list of common statuses to help you check on your package. A solution I saw on fb said to use the kiosk so at least some kind of action will show as accepted. You are at the mercy of your buyers, and at the seller dashboard late shipment date, it will show up as no scan at all. http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Weekly-Chat-with-the-eBay-Community-January ***** NOVEMBER 2020 SCANNING ISSUES IN BHM, AL *****. So, where is your package? You expect to see the tracking info updated online, so your buyers know you really care, but your local USPS office does not scan your package or update the info and your efforts are just wasted. The postal workers or UPS workers scanning packages simply didn't get to it that day. - denied insurance claims USPS parcels never scanned after drop off at the post office We have opted to spend the time in line so we can give our customers some reassurance their packages are on their way. Has anyone experienced this before and if so did your package eventually delivered/scan? Unfortunately, all of us are kind of at the mercy of the USPS when it comes to speeding up tracking updates or moving our packages further (and faster) along through the shipping process. We will also send you periodic updates about the search. For more information, please see our Worse yet, four months later he's got it listed for sale on his account for double what it sold for. Carrier scans do not show up in "real" time they have to down load their scans at the end of their shift. This code may or may not pop-up before or after the Tracking Information Created code, but both of these tracking codes generally mean that your packages getting prepared to be shipped through the USPS infrastructure. Although the post office can enter barcodes manually, sometimes shipping time is tight, and they do not get scanned. You can also call technical support at 1-800-344-7779 or delivery tracking at 1-800-222-1811. Why pickup your mail in person, when you can get it on your phone? Package never got scanned, possibly lost, what do I do? I was told of this new practice by a regional supervisor at USPS. I dropped off a package on Nov 30th and the next day it said it was accepted and status was at the local distribution center but since Dec 1st there hasnt been any updates! but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have dropped the package off at . The SS accused me of lying and saying I didn't drop it. Everyone's comments on this topic helps. Then ask for the Postmaster. Just says "USPS Awaiting Item" : r/usps_complaints Packages never scanned after drop off. @PeoplePackagesIt's not the OP's post office. Step inside and see how virtual mailboxes are the future of mail. This is an invaluable tool that allows you to check on the status of your package at any time. Knowing your shipping cost is critical to pricing your items right and maintaining your profit. There are a variety of reasons this might happen, but there is no need to start worrying yet. All we can see is the same tracking information you have access to on the USPS website so they'll have more insight than us . There may be occasions where a mail item may be delayed in reaching its destination. The same trouble with USPS happened to me. If you shipped a package with UPS and you're running into a similar issue, we suggest following the same steps: visit the nearest UPS drop-off location where you handed off your package. However, this might not be the best option if your item is time-sensitive. I am calling USPS CONSUMER AFFAIRS number today when they open. Sometimes tracking scan "mysteriously" don't show up for a few days. Sometimes these packages take twists and turns that feel like they are going away from our address at times, too. That's going to make me look bad to my buyers if they happen to check. ebay sided with him, refunded him the full amount he paid. Thats why we have developed easy-to-use real-time direct mail tracking. You will receive confirmation that your search request has been submitted. This can make things kind of tricky, especially when you are trying to get a better handle on when your package is going to be sent out and when you can expect to have it delivered, too. and our Cancel anytime! I know exactly how you feel. In addition to that, I used the USPS website to report this lack of tracking information as a technical problem. How long does it take for USPS to accept a package? I always stand in line to get packages scanned and to get a receipt. How to use your eBay earnings to purchase shipping labels. USPS is usually very good at sending tracking updates. I'm getting ready to go back to making them scan each item individually so that I have a receipt for each item. And the Postmaster can see information you can't, so she can see if it is in transit and where it's at, even if the initial scan wasn't done. If your status does not change within 48 hours, you can contact the USPS through their website. To request a search for your missing mailpiece, go to MissingMail.USPS.com and sign in or register. If your tracking status is not updating for more than a week, make sure to call one of the USPS hotlines. That said, reaching out to your local Post Office to ask about your shipment is always the best way forward. Sure, tracking that tells you that your package is out for delivery or has been delivered is pretty crystal-clear. Unfortunately my closest Hub is San Francisco and we're so overwhelmed that all packages get scanned "eventually" when it gets "somewhere" and they "have time". Very unprofessional and frustrating. You can find more information on how to read the slip and what your options are next at the link below. Unfortunately, Pirate Ship relies on tracking information from USPS and UPS to know where each shipment is, so until USPS or UPS scans your packages in, we're working with both eyepatches on . . If after 7 business days from when you submitted your online help request form your mail or package hasn't arrived, submit a Missing Mail search request with the following information: When we receive your Missing Mail search request, we will send you a confirmation email. Of course, all of this correspondence was through the dispute system, so eBay/PayPal reversed the hold on my payment, I got the money he paid me back, and his account was eventually deleted for other similar incidents, Im sure. Please help. Things will show scanned on USPS.com but not on ebay, etc. You will have to stand in line if you want parcels scanned as accepted. I don't think they are picking up. I am giving it alittle more time, but I would not even be able to put in a claim, since I can't prove that I even dropped it off. There were 7 extra numbers on the scanned one on my receipt. Informed Delivery UsersInformed Delivery provides a digital preview of your incoming mail. I keep thinking that the package has been lost. I have never heard of dropping off a package at UPS for USPS pickup. Read a response in the Weekly Chat w/ebay Staff answered by Griff about tracking - kinda interesting. Read the top 10 secrets to business success that we have learned through our journey of starting and growing US Global Mail. You may be wondering why your package has not been scanned even though its already on its way to its destination. - long wait times (We have some that were scanned but show never delivered that were delivered as well.) Maybe 1 - 5 packages per day but with sellers shipping 30, 40, 50+ packages a day - that is incredibly unrealistic. Never scanned package delivery! : r/usps_complaints - Reddit I have the same issue all the time only with usps though. My local post office said most of the time those packages are not scanned. Again, theres often no real rhyme or reason behind when these packages get scanned. Now I am responsible for refunding the customer even though it was the fault of the USPS. Packages never scanned after drop off. Just says "USPS - Reddit USPS tracking not updating: final thoughts, Start Tracking Your Direct Mail Marketing Campaigns, The proof of purchase (if you purchased insurance), The bottom, peel-off portion of the shipment label, The back of the orange piece of paper if you missed the delivery. Come on amazon at least you care about your customers. But they don't have to disrupt your businessor your profits. moment, Oh, Ship! Did you check for the scan only on ebay or also on the USPS site? Please keep us updated on the fate of your package. I just had this issue with a pretty sweater I dropped off at our tiny post office and it was NOT scanned. I absolutely hate how USPpS does tracking and I usually try to avoid auctions where USPS is going to be the shipping method. Are you marketing or looking to generate more leads?If youre a direct mail marketer, then tracking your mail campaigns is crucial for successful performance. Tracking keeps the recipient informed of the shipments progress. We have a couple of purchases that made it all the way to the customer, and the customer left us a review. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. I dropped off my package, but it still hasn't been scanned yet Departure Scan: The shipment has departed a UPS facility and is on its way to the next UPS facility. But I did work for the USPS briefly in the past, and my experience is that they do care about costumers' complainings and bad reviews. If you dropped off your package and have not received an update yet, its probably because it has not been scanned by the USPS yet. Your driver left a delivery notice to let you know that was their first attempt. A strong shipping strategy is key for a successful holiday. Your tracking is updated when a postal employee scans the package, when it arrives at a new facility, or when they load the parcel onto a truck. Like we mentioned earlier, one of the first notifications you might see in your tracking history is the USPS Awaiting Item code. You will see "Tracking Inquiry" and a time and date. Those interested in getting more up-to-date information about when their packages are arriving including full digital scans or photographs of the actual packages that are set to be delivered are going to want to take a closer look at US Global Mail services. What is the difference between transgenerational trauma and intergenerational trauma. 01-26-2015 It can be a lot of fun to watch your package as it moves across the country before it reaches its final destination. Already have a UPS My Choice Account? Why is my package still in departure scan? You can receive a refund for mail that is lost or never delivered to its final destination as long as the package is insured. My fingers are crossed these items will eventually be scanned into the US Postal Service system soon. That carrier may not have scanned your package in when you handed to them unless you asked them to (they are not required to unless asked and some carriers are reluctant to do scans) and they simply off loaded your package at the sort facility at the end of their shift to be processed. You can either go into your local post office in person and ask for the Postmaster, or you can google USPS +City +State to find a local number that someone will answer (don't use the 800 numbers). If you drop off your parcel after hours, the Postal Service will not scan it until the next day. Any zone/postage discrepancies would be picked up on by USPS later in the travels. If your mail or package included insurance, you may be able to file an insurance claim. If your buyer asks, just be friendly and caring and tell them it's in the mail. @ARTandDecorationsSee my reply above. She just kept repeating to me that as long as I drop off here it will goes out. If you drop off your parcel after hours, the Postal Service will not scan it until the next day. I have the same problem. Missing Mail Search Requests will sometimes result in an update to tracking scans, but its always best to contact your local post office for an update. You should be happy to know that your packages close, that USPS officials in your local area have actually handled your package specifically (as opposed to dealing with a pallet of packages moving through the USPS infrastructure), and that you are going to have your package in the immediate future. After all, that is what really happened. I never stand in line. USPS tracking scan messages are always more cryptic and confusing than necessary. Dropped off 3 days ago, still showed label created..no scan. It was shipped to his registered PP address. The good news about getting the Awaiting Delivery Scan message is that your package is in fact in the USPS system, that it is moving from one USPS facility to the next, and that it is as close to arriving on your doorstep as a package can get before its actually dropped off. The USPS typically updates your status within 24-48 hours. 12:05 PM. So far two days have passed with no answer. Bad weather can also cause barcodes to become damaged and therefore not able to be scanned. That's not to say drivers have never done that or haven't stolen packages though. What can I do if my USPS tracking number isnt updating? 12:02 PM Am I just SOL here? Cancel within 30 days for a full refund. As one of the industry leaders in the virtual mailbox arena, as well as a much more modern solution for receiving packages and mail compared to the USPS options available at the post office, thousands of people trust US Global Mail to help make their lives a little easier and a bit more efficient. I don't even know how that's possible, and like you say the buyer could claim non-receipt even if he does get it and I would have to refund! Hi everyone,Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Size and type of container or envelope you used. They will say they can't provide a "service inquiry" for an item that has not been scanned. I suspect either the label was created on 6/6 at 10:30am but the package was not brought to the UPS store untill 6/7. Make sure to ask them many times to do it. I dropped off 7 pkgs yesterday at my local p.o. Pickup and Drop-off Options; Simplify Returns; Track a package or search . With the pre-printed label, for 2 day priority mail and tracking number. So its a quick drop or nothing at all! If we find your package or mail, we will send it to the address you provided. Most of the time, though, this notification is a great indicator that you are going to have your package ASAP! It is 10 hours since your post . As a direct mail automation & bulk mail service, we understand the importance of knowing what USPS status codes mean for your post. I go straight to my Postmaster, and a couple times of that and I always get at least the initial scan in my post office or when they pick them up at my house. DROP PACKAGE Statement - Oracle Help Center That was Tuesday afternoon and here it is early Thursday morning and still no scans. Unfortunately, the USPS tracking system is notorious for not updating in real-time, so its possible that their system just hasnt properly updated. Took several in. I was very lucky all the sudden on Wednesday show up on tracking updates and now today is out for delivery. I am risking losing credibility with buyers when I tell them it is a USPS issue. It depends on the clerk, office, mail volume, time constraints, among about another 50 other . Now I'm still waiting on my package and emailing the seller asking if the package has actually shipped. Package never scanned in as accepted USPS - The eBay Community please if anyone has a good suggestions on how to deal with this type of issues with buyer. (before it leads to refund) please help me~~ thanks!!!! I had five items like this in the last month that were shown delivered in 2-3 days with no acceptance scan. I know things have been slow and crazy for the USPS since Covid. Check the boxes on the delivery notice. With yours, as for "left on the vehicle". With too few staff to handle all the sorting and deliveries, packages became delayed. Not real good about putting the flag down after pickup, so I often check "online" to confirm if the carrier has been here before walking out to the road looking for incoming. Oh, Ship! The only way to get parcels scanned for acceptance now is to stand in line with them and ask for a receipt. One other thing to try is to file a Missing Mail Search Request to kick that tracking number into gear with USPS! It may be that your package or envelope has already been delivered to your address (or the intended recipient). Looks like I will be opening up a case on both soon, against USPS. The first is that the person scanning has finished their shift. need help with shipping international over one pound packages. The older hand-helds didn't upload their data until they were docked in a charging stand. There are a couple of different codes that USPS mail handlers can apply to packages as they scan them. For more information about the services (and more) check out the homepage of US Global Mail today. PO refused to help, they failed to get a real signature and claimed that it was a valid signature telling me they can't control what a customer signs as his name". I have had some only show delivered. Theyll tell you the status of your shipment and if were able to try delivering or picking up again. The label contains routing information, so it is likely on its way to its destination and will arrive on time.