You can just leave them like that to get the bit of metal grinded out. equally i bought the vauxhall instead as they are cheaper for the same thing i've not understood why people pay the extra for the badge on a van? These trims cover the horrid gap that's left whenever you remove a bulkhead from one of these vehicles. Surely a crew cab is more likely to have done some proper load lugging? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Renault Trafic Van Camper Conversion - Mini Bulkhead and Roof Insulation Tom Harding 651 subscribers Subscribe 4.2K views 6 years ago In this one, I decide to give up on a full size bulkhead,. Removing the Bulkhead for Campervan Conversion - YouTube (New annually renewing membership only. We'll do the same on the other side. Trafic Paddle Wagon Bulkhead Removal - The UK Rivers Guidebook Use code HELLO54 when you join us as a print or digital member and your membership will be half price for the first year. It takes a little bit more work, but it's well worth it. I had a Vivaro Van, and removed the bulkhead.. Hay guys a quick question, with the bluckhead removed and the passanger seat out whats the load space of a lwb vivaro/traffic?? We're planning on having swivel chairs in the front, so obviously, the bulkhead needed to go! Condition. The handbrake assembly's fixed to the base. These plastics are held onto little lugs on the back of them so it's just a matter of prising them away. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. depending where you are, this is where i got my windows fitted. This makes it very inflexible if you need to chop and change from full van back to 5 seats & vice versa. Easier for me as potential thieves can look in and see an empty dog cage and not a van full of tools. Just unbolted and went to the scrapyard. I've also done a lot of seat strength tests at work on converted vehicles / aftermarket seats. Then two half-height metal upstands on each side. Then you're gonna need a 16mm socket set. If your planning on sleeping in it, make sure you insulate behind the ply. VAT Naturally removing the bulkhead will weaken the structural rigidity by some margin. One usedcamper vanfor hire. if I buy the crew cab version can I simply remove the bulkhead and be left with the seats? There we go. Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total). There's a few tools that you're going to need that you may not have. He's had 3 so far and runs them till they have 200K on and has had no problems. by Dave @ TRC Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 pm, Post Be very careful when you're using this that you don't cut into the body work. So, we have put together a guide to the different types of van. Renault Trafic Van Camper Conversion - Mini Bulkhead and Roof - YouTube The side bolts are visible, roof bolts are hidden behind the headliner and floor bolts under the cargo floor liner. by iamgareth Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:44 pm, Post Removing the Bulkhead for Campervan Conversion - YouTube 0:00 / 5:46 Removing the Bulkhead for Campervan Conversion GeorgeScott 1.09K subscribers Subscribe 14K views 2 years ago Removing the. Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total). You don't have to do that. That would be awesome! We noticed after the ply had been removed that the wheel arches had rusted quite a bit and there was actually daylight showing through. Then there's two nuts holding the handbrake to the base. Great post. by morsey Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:21 am, Post Its definitely starting to sink in how much work is still left to do! 2022 Renault Trafic X82 MY23 Pro Low Roof LWB EDC Glacier White 6 Speed How to remove seats from Renault Trafic - YouTube Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, offers and exclusive discounts. I bought the LWB Crew Cab Renault Trafic last week and took me, 3 mates, 4 bikes and luggage to Glentress and it is just perfect. Probably worth checking out for the specific van you have in mind, though. Trafic and Vivaro Campervan Conversion Project: My First Camper Van Is your van a new shape? Then youre going to need a number 10 spline piece. Search the forum using the power of Google. To get the seat out, it's just simply a matter of taking the headrest out. Renault Trafic Crew Vans - Singletrack World Magazine The handbrake let me just zoom in. Check your license as you may be limited to driving vehicles with a maximum 8 passenger seats. The next stage is to take out the double seat out and we're going to pop off these plastic trims so we can get our metal grinder in there safely to cut that out. I've run a van with a seat conversion and now a factory build combi. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. There's circa 12 bolts holding this, it's easily removable and non. LWB High roof would make a far better / bigger camper base vehicle than the VW thing folk on here go on about endlessly. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, diagnostics, maintenance, and more! The Ride Concepts Women's Vice shoes are my current favourite flat pedal shoe, so I wanted to give the Mid version, with raised ankle, a go. So if you're new to these vans, the way to get this double seat out is to pick it up underneath where your knees go and flip the cushion forward. Rob and Mike slowly edged their way out of IT and Engineering jobs by building up a collection of rental vans for folk to explore the Scottish Highlands. It was a bit of a task trying to get it out. Renault Trafic Coffee Van Fit-Out by The Mobile Coffee Group. After waiting for a few things to arrive, I am ready to move on to the next bit of removing all the old panelling and Trims etc, The bulkhead was easy to remove but make sure you have a decent Battery Drill and some star socket heads for this job. So we do that with them all. 219.60. Excludes Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year. Genuine 4pc B Pillar Trim Set. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. The seat cushion also lifts and there are a few access hatches so you can still occasionally carry long things. Vivaro Bulkhead for sale | eBay Unscrew bulkhead retaining nuts Before you release all the nuts with the top half of the bulkhead, you need to come inside the cab and pop down the plastic strip that runs along between the headlining and the bulkhead. This opens up the. Besides it will be useful on that odd occasion you go away on a club/large group of friends trip and strip the bedding out to use it as the shuttle van - stops the top boats spearing you in the back of the head under heavy braking. Is the bulkhead betwen the cab and loading area of a van structural? How to remove a bulkhead from a van | Vanlife Conversions Now to get these wiring blocks disconnected, you'll see on each one there's a little lug. A forum community dedicated to all Vauxhall owners and enthusiasts. Due to factors beyond the control of Vanlife Conversions Ltd, improper use or unauthorised modifications of this information cannot be prevented. This will reduce condensation alot. It drives really nicely (almost like a car) and is not too big to make it difficult to get in car parks etc. Toys4vans Limited67 Hamilton Lane, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 2LW, Phone: 01395 206100Email: [emailprotected], Opening Hours:Mon - Thurs / 9am - 5pmFriday 9am - 4pm, Register your email for news and special offers. We'regoing to grind out these wells here to get this one out. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Be careful to drill only the stud head and not in body to wan. Available in two wheelbase lengths, up to 6.7 cubic meters of cargo loading volume, increased payload of up to 1,280kg and up to 2.5 tonne towing capacity it is a vast . In typical single speed style this year's world championship has been announced. When we were looking for things to do in the south, One of our favourite stops was this hike we did fr, The ferry is booked and we're heading off on anoth, One place i was really looking forward to visiting, It's funny how some of the best parkups are always, One of our favourite stops of our French roadtrip, Can't wait to head back into the mountains again s, I don't think we ever fully showed our finished va, I'm so glad we decided to install our porthole win, Wild Camping Spots for Scotlands North Coast 500, A Quick Update: Installing the Flooring and Side Windows, Van Conversion How to Install Tiles in a Campervan, Van Conversion: Installing a Fiamma Roof Vent. To remove the EGR valve, firstly undo the connector, use a screwdriver on the clip to loosen the catch and then slide it off. Im just going to get a grinding disc on there and smooth those edges off. [Vivaro] - crew cab bulkhead | Vauxhall Owners Network Forum Installation is quick and simple requiring no modification or drilling, just push on using the clips provided. The van I have already has a ply floor fitted in the rear. Fitting the trims is easy. This cover here is held on by two little metal lugs sticking out at the base so this needs to come straight up and that just pops off thereslide that forward. They're nice to drive, also worth checking the Vauxhall Vivaro and the Nissan equivalent they're all built in the Vauxhall plant in Luton, so they're all the same apart from the badges. Dont know if that works on all models / years but it did for me. Join now! In this video we go through the tools required and the method we use.Check out the progress of our current conversion on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/vanlifeconvFind out more about our conversions on our website https://www.vanlifeconversions.co.uk/Find out more about our consultancy here https://www.vanlifeconversions.co.uk/diyDisclaimer:All van conversions vary, and the methods should be tailored to your requirements and equipment.