13. When launching NetExtender from the Web portal, if your browser is already configured for proxy access, NetExtender automatically inherits the proxy settings. NetExtender automatically notifies users when an updated version of NetExtender is available. Navigate to Network | System | Interfaces, click Edit button of the interface your client connects to. If this check box is not selected, the DOS console window will remain open while the script runs. To display the Remove selected, Remove all, and Close options on this NetExtender Profiles screen, press the options button while on the screen. Enter the URL or domain name of your SSL VPN server in the Add this Web site to the zone field and click Add. To create a shortcut on your desktop that will launch NetExtender with the specified profile, highlight the profile and click Create Shortcut. Note The specific command directory may be different on your computer. 3. Connection Manager compatibility mode - This mode is enabled by default to make NetExtender Mobile work with applications calling the Microsoft Connection Manager API. To view details of a log message, either: The log displays all entries that match or exceed the severity level. That would confirm that the client itself is working and the ISP is not blocking the client. When you have finished editing the scripts, save the file and close it. No events show in the Netextender log, the user must disconnect and reconnect via netextender to get back on the server. During authentication, the SSL VPN server may be configured by the Administrator to request a client certificate. Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Services, C:\Program files\SonicWALL\SRA\NetExtender.dbg, Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Event Viewer. The idea is to pin down if the issue is credential related or not. Sorry, totally missed that previous reply. When NetExtender completes installing, the NetExtender Status dialog displays, indicating that NetExtender successfully connected. I've driven myself crazy in the past testing with an administrator account. If an Administrator has configured one-time passwords to be required to connect through NetExtender, you will be asked to provide this information before connecting. The NetExtender session disconnects. To display the NetExtender Profiles screen, start NetExtender and then press the options or menu button on the smartphone and tap Profiles. But my results are fine even during these supposed drop outs!? I've never used it that way, so I'm not sure. Check the admin rights of the user. To launch NetExtender on your Android smartphone and connect to the network through the Dell SonicWALL SRA appliance, perform the following steps: 1. You do have the screenshot above from user kab343. I did make sure that she was not trying to log in to both clients. If the problem still persists, right-click the VPN connection and choose Disable. To display the routes that NetExtender has installed on your system, click the Route Information option in the system tray menu. All of life is about relationships, and EE has made a viirtual community a real community. Wait for the token code to change on the device, and then type the code into the field on your smartphone and tap OK. 9. SonicWALL Mobile Connect serves the same function as NetExtender on Apple iOS devices and Android devices, as listed below. After installation, the NetExtender icon appears on the applications page of the smartphone. Then you would know the issue has to be with the Sonicwall.IP conflict? Users can access NetExtender in two ways: For supported browser releases, see the latest Dell SonicWALL SonicOS 6.2.1 Release Notes. Configures proxy settings for NetExtender. If your smartphone is synchronized to your email account, you can pull down the email notification from the top bar, or switch to your home page and access your email from there. The error started occurring after our ISP have upgraded the speed at that location or so staff at location claims. Does it show at all in a tracert? 6. I have a small network around 50 users and 125 devices. Then the user can no longer browse the server. We do have LocalDomain in the Domain field. To establish the size of the NetExtender Log, select either the Unlimited log file size radio button or the Set maximum log file size to radio button. Yikes! 4. Sonicwall's public IP doesn't even show in tracert, neither does LAN interface IP. NetExtender is an SSL VPN client for Windows, Mac, or Linux users that is downloaded transparently and that allows you to run any application securely on you company's network. Select the Show NetExtender Routes check box to see routes. Open task manager, go to services, find RAS, and right click. vpn sonicwall netextender download. The first time you connect, you must enter the domain name. If you have not done so, the follow message displays. ISP have replaced their modem during upgrade. If a warning message that NetExtender has not passed Windows Logo testing is displayed, click, The IP address of the last server to which you connected is displayed in the, The last domain you connected to is displayed in the. 10. Type the port number of the port that the server listens on into the Port field. We are a current VMw Hello! She was using it fine 2 days ago and then yesterday it all of a sudden quit working. Check if there is another dial-up connection in use, if so, disconnected the connection and reboot the machine and connect NetExtender again. To configure the script that runs when NetExtender connects or disconnects, click the Edit NxConnect.bat button. When NetExtender completes installing, the NetExtender Status window displays, indicating that NetExtender successfully connected. Enter the temporary password that was emailed to your configured account, and tap OK. I am not aware of any requirement to provide either Netextender or Connect Tunnel for ARM processors in Linux. Click Save to save the diagnostic report using the default nxdiag.txt file name in your NetExtender directory. The IP address assigned to the NetExtender client. Yes. Tap OK. 8. Note It may take several minutes for the Debug Log to load. Click the NetExtender (Android) link. The first time you launch NetExtender, you must first add the SSL VPN portal to your list of trusted sites. Pull down the notification bar and click NetExtender to open the NetExtender user interface. To launch an application enter a command in the following format: 9. 5. Well, I'll be calling my ISP for site A and yell at them for lying to me when I called them before. Tap OK. On your Android smartphone, launch a file browser application. If the proxy server requires a username and password, but you do not specify them in the Properties window, a NetExtender pop-up window will prompt you to enter them when you first connect. I was rightfully called out for The netextender logs show no errors or events but for the user to gain access again to the server they must disconnect and reconnect via netextender and they are good to go until they attempt to upload something again. The Local Device Name Is Already In Use. Note Only rooted devices are supported for NetExtender Android in Dell SonicWALL SRA.The rooting requirement is due to limitations and restrictions of the Android platform. This sounds like a case of forgetting to enter the :4433 at the end of the server name. It could not find anything so it used the default location. The NetExtender session disconnects. We have two different clients on each of our remote users workstations in case of issues with one client. If an older version of NetExtender is installed on the computer, the NetExtender launcher removes the old version and then installs the new version. 11. 5. See below and attached image. 5. To use NetExtender on your Windows Mobile device, perform the following tasks: 1. Indicates the amount of traffic the NetExtender client has received since initial connection. To view the NetExtender DNS server information, select the DNS tab in the main NetExtender window. During this time, the Log window is not accessible, although you can open a new Log window while the Debug Log is loading. Note It may be necessary to restart your computer when installing NetExtender Windows 7. Pull the NetExtender plug-in to Chrome Extensions. To specify your global NetExtender address range using a Static IP, perform the following steps: 1. 3. We just switched from a TZ180 IPsec vpn to an NSA 2400 ssl vpn and our remote users are getting a windows alert when uploading certain files to the server. Did you ever check to make sure the 4433 port is entered? Maybe I misunderstood. Users can mount network drives, upload and download files, and access resources in the same way as if they were on the local network. If problem still exists, obtain the following information and send them to support: Navigate to Network connections to check if the Dell SonicWALL SRA NetExtender Dialup entry has been created. The NxConnect.bat file displays. Right click on the NetExtender icon in the system tray to display the, When NetExtender becomes disconnected, the, You can configure NetExtender to notify users automatically when an updated version of NetExtender is available. Using the NetExtender Command Line Interface. Users are prompted to click OK, and NetExtender downloads and installs the update from the firewall. The drop-down menu at the bottom of the dialog provides three options for remembering your username and password: Save user name & password if server allows. She was getting a Windows Remote Access Service error. Exiting and restarting NetExtender is useful when NetExtender cannot connect, possibly after a long period of disuse. 4. Indicates the IP address assigned to the NetExtender client. you can use this 3th party tools https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/. Ideally you would want to the the entire networkbut that gets ridiculous and the overall gain is not worth it so when people talk about MTU it's specifically on the WAN which will pass that through the VPN etc. And this is a nation-wide ISP having their techs who are totally clueless ID10Ts even after you tell them what's wrong. Contact Support - SonicWall After the first access and installation of NetExtender, you can launch NetExtender directly from your computer without first navigating to the SSL VPN portal. Tap Connect to accept the default option (Save user name & password) or select a Save or Always ask option from the drop-down list. Users are prompted to click. If you have not done so, the follow message will display. NetExtender Connection Scripts can support any valid batch file commands. If required, enter a User name and Password for the proxy server. This may be considered a security risk. ISP still claims that their modem is in bridged mode, doesn't do NAT/DHCP and "it's all other guy's fault (Sonicwall)" Don't we all love those finger-pointing schemes, LOL? To view the NetExtender Log, go to NetExtender > Log. Optionally, you may now also select to Hide the console window. They replaced the modem and forgot to put in bridged mode. 10. Log in with your username and password. Go to Network connections to check if the SonicWALL SSL-VPN NetExtender Dialup entry has been created, if not, reboot the machine and install NetExtender again. Tap Remove selected to remove the profiles that have check marks next to them. Check if there is another dial-up connection in use, if so, disconnect the connection and reboot the machine and connect NetExtender again. SonicWALL SSL VPN supports NetExtender sessions using proxy configurations. To view the Debug Log, either click the Debug Log icon or go to Log > Debug Log. 1. To view the configured DNS servers, tap the DNS tab. To use NetExtender on your Linux system, your system must meet the following prerequisites: Note Open source Java Virtual Machines (VMs) are not currently supported. Networks that use an external authentication server will not configure local usernames on the SRA appliance. Download and install SonicWall NetExtender that is available via SonicWall.com. I'll let you know if ISP's router was the culprit in this entire adventure. We use LDAP authentication. I tried to install 10.2.315 but it shows "Another version of this product is already installed. The NetExtender utility is installed automatically on your computer. 6. To configure NetExtender preferences including proxy and notification settings, select the Preferences option. To use NetExtender for the first time using the Firefox browser, perform the following: 1. It uses Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP). Also, a balloon icon in the system tray appears, indicating NetExtender has successfully installed. In that case, shouldn't the actual Domain name be in the Domain box? I remoted in to her PC with GoToAssist and I tried stopping and restarting the service - that didn't work. When NetExtender becomes disconnected, the NetExtender dialog displays and gives you the option to either Reconnect or Close NetExtender. Yes. Follow the on-screen instructions to install NetExtender. In either case, I have had that error and the solution was to take all caps out of the usernames. For example, when selecting the Error level, the log displays all Error and Fatal entries, but not Warning or Info entries. You can tap on the Sent, Received, or Throughput fields to change the units between bytes and packets. Table 46. SonicWALL's SSL VPN features provide secure remote access to the network using the NetExtender client. Enable Framing & Caching optimizations - This setting increases the performance of NetExtender Mobile when it is under a heavy load, such as when downloading big files over NetExtender. Right click the NetExtender icon in the system tray to display the NetExtender icon menu and click Disconnect. Resolution or workaround: 1. Login with your MySonicWall account credentials. If you are using LocalDomain make sure the L and D are in caps too. The available options allow you to enable and disable packet capture and data compression on NetExtender. I have had this message pop up for one of my old clients I still do support for and I am still the Admin for on their 365 system. To view the NetExtender Log, go to NetExtender > Log. Log in to the SSL VPN Virtual Office portal. 5. 4. I thought the issue was pretty clearly explained. Downloading and running scripted ActiveX files must be enabled on Internet Explorer. 13. Installation of this version cannot continue. To manually configure NetExtender proxy settings, perform the following tasks. The easiest way to import the certificate is to click the. 4. That also rules out my home network (2nd hand UniFi AP 1st gen and MikroTik router) Workaroundfter some googling and research I've discovered that the SonicWall Mobile Connect software is the replacement of the discontinued SonicWall . To clear the log, click on Log > Clear Log. I have tried it with no drives at all on a fresh machine and I get the error. 7. If Two Factor Authentication is enabled on the Dell SonicWALL SRA appliance, you may be prompted to update your PIN (Personal Identification Number) or create a new one. To map a network drive, enter a command in the following format: net use drive-letter\\server\share password /user:Domain\name. It is stored in the directory: C:\Program Files\SonicWALL\SSL VPN\NetExtender. Select the Throughput menu tab to adjust the throughput measurement displayed on the status window. Entering your credentials here causes NetExtender to save them, so that you can automatically connect to the proxy server during subsequent logins without being prompted for credentials. A layer 3 VPN client like NetExtender requires root permission for certain necessary OS level operations. 13. I guess I thought these other locations were connecting to a main office. Linux 32-bit or 64-bit clients are supported for NetExtender when running one of the following distributions (32-bit or 64-bit): Linux Fedora Core 15 or higher, Ubuntu 11.10 or higher, or OpenSUSE 10.3 or higher. SMA1000:Linux CT systemd DNS resolvectl changes required for applications on Ubuntu to with Connect Tunnel Blank OTP e-mail post upgrade to 10.2.1.7 It may take several minutes for the Debug Log to load. reason not to focus solely on death and destruction today. 4. The Local Device Name is Already In Use Sonicwall SSL VPN, netextender, can't browse network We just switched from a TZ180 IPsec vpn to an NSA 2400 ssl vpn and our remote users are getting a windows alert when uploading certain files to the server. Optionally enter your login credentials for the server in the User and Password fields. You are prompted each time until you tap Yes. NetExtender Mobile supports the ability for users to change passwords. The domain name is case-sensitive. Checking Status, Routes, and DNS Settings. 2. Are you sure she's entering them correctly? On Windows, it will show up under My Computer as a new drive. I can certainly set up a site A user to connect from home via another office's sonicwall and go from there via site-to-site VPN to office A, but I would rather them go directly to site A's sonicwall as it used to be. Good afternoon awesome people of the Spiceworks community. The OTP for your token is shown in the AuthPoint mobile app. If you're using local accounts make sure the domain and username are entered exactly as they appear in the firewall. That was it. If so, disconnect the connection, reboot the machine and install NetExtender again. 2. 2. Tap Remove selected to remove the profiles that have check marks next to them. 3. Bonus Flashback: April 28, 1998: Spacelab astronauts wake up to "Take a Chance on Me" by Abba (Read more Last Spark of the month. oc Running a Sonicwall SSLVPN parallel to another security device, Sonicwall Issue - Only one machine cannot access Internet, Sudden change accessing AWS over Sonicwall SSL VPN. Select one of the level categories, in descending order of severity: The log displays all entries that match or exceed the severity level. To view the NetExtender Log, go to Window > Log. The NetExtender Properties window is displayed. DragonsRule wrote:Can you try a different, known working, account, from their location? Dell SonicWALL SSL VPN NetExtender is fully compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, and supports the same functionality as with other Windows operating systems. To have NetExtender automatically connect when you start your computer: Select the appropriate connection profile from the drop-down menu. See the following tables with troubleshooting information for the Dell SonicWALL SRA NetExtender utility. I love computers. To use the clipboard, press the password in your email and select Select Text. The Allowed Sites - Software Installation dialog displays, with the address of the Virtual Office server in the address field. Buckle up!! You can display connection information by mousing over the NetExtender icon in the system tray. For Mobile Connect access to succeed, the portal must be set to allow NetExtender connections and the user account and group must be authorized to use NetExtender. To have NetExtender launch when you log in to your computer, check the Automatically start NetExtender UI. If the problem still exists, obtain the following information and send to support: The version of Dell SonicWALL SRA NetExtender Adapter from Device Manager. NetExtender would then run without the RAS error. Tip Having NetExtender save your user name and password can be a security risk and should not be enabled if there is a chance that other people could use your computer to access sensitive information on the network. I had NetExtender 10.2.309 installed. To install and launch NetExtender for the first time using the Internet Explorer browser, perform the following: 1. We generally do not have to enter in the domain\username format just the username, I was thinking of the actual domain field. What's in the domain field? However, they won't let me login to their modem and verify it for myself. Please keep in mind that domain names are case-sensitive. Note Open source Java Virtual Machines (VMs) are not currently supported. 1. The following Technical Notes provide more information on advanced NetExtender scenarios: Running NetExtender on a Different TCP Port:http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/2134_3154.html, Using the Dell SonicWALL CDP Agent over a Dell SonicWALL NetExtender Connectionhttp://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/2134_3487.html, Using Dell SonicWALL NetExtender to Access FTP Servershttp://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/2134_3465.html, Resolving NetExtender Error With McAfee Enterprise 8.5http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/2134_6813.html, http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/2134_3154.html, http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/2134_3487.html, http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/2134_3465.html, http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/2134_6813.htm. 9. Since this is only distributed via Android or Apple APP stores, it may be easier to run a Windows Netextender version under emulation software. If you chose to generate the PIN yourself, type a PIN into the PIN field and again in the second field to confirm it. 2. SonicWALL Mobile Connect is an app for iPhone and iPad that, like NetExtender, uses SSL VPN to enable secure, mobile connections to private networks protected by Dell SonicWALL . It was still the same issue after the swap, and they wouldn't let me access their modem either to confirm the mode. Launching NetExtender Directly from Your Computer. The log is a file named NetExtender.dbg stored in the directory: C:\Program Files\SonicWALL\SSL VPN\NetExtender. The NetExtender installer window opens. I started with Experts Exchange in 2004 and it's been a mainstay of my professional computing life since. If a user must change their password, a screen prompt will ask for the users old password, along with a new password and re-verification of the new password. To configure NetExtender options, click the Menu button. 5. The fist line command removes all mapped drives and devices. I am using a Windows 10 laptop. 4. 1. A proxy server is often used for access to the Internet if the initial connection is made to a local zone, such as LAN or WLAN. Tap USB connected to connect to the computer. If not, set them to automatic start, reboot the machine, and install NetExtender again. Running batch file scripts with NetExtender The NxConnect.bat file is located in each users AppData\Local\SonicWall\NetExtender, not in the client installation folder. Once the NetExtender application is installed, a message appears instructing you to restart Firefox. To clear the debug log, select the Clear Debug Log button. To display a summary of your NetExtender session, click Connection Status. Very quick help and he gave me a lot of options to help resolve the issue. To initially install the NetExtender client, the user must be logged in to the PC with administrative privileges. We are using LDAP to our internal Domain Controller. Click OK to update the settings. The Packet Monitor Feature on the SonicWall is one of the most powerful and useful tools for troubleshooting a wide variety of issues. Select Minimize to the tray icon when NetExtender window is closed to have the NetExtender icon display in the system tray. Enter the cd netExtenderClient/ command. I dont' know what else to do here. After unmounting the Android SD card from your computer, tap Turn off USB storage. The available options provide basic control over the NetExtender Log and Debug Log. Then enter cd Program Files\SonicWALL\SSL-VPN\NetExtender. Within the NetExtender Properties dialog box, click the Log heading in the menu on the left panel. Automatically establish the underlying connection - Uses the Windows Mobile Connection Manager to establish the devices connection to the mobile network. I've tried to connect from different locations, including my house with same error occurring." through NetExtender works! 2. The NetExtender Preferences window is displayed. The installer will ask if you want non-root users to be able to run NetExtender. I was actually able to login to it after I enabled bridge mode and modem reset. Optionally, you may now also select to Hide the console window. 7. The log is a file named NetExtender.dbg. To configure NetExtender Preferences, select NetExtender > Preferences. 3. Dell SonicWALL SSL VPN supports NetExtender sessions using proxy configurations. 7. This will simplify the process of installing NetExtender and logging in, by reducing the number of security warnings you will receive. Mobile Connect acts as a NetExtender client when connecting to the Dell SonicWALL SRA. 5. Have not tried it in safe mode with networking. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel." RE mobile connect, - the point is not to use it, we use desktop version, and I've tried to connect from different locations, including my house with same error occurring. Tap Yes to accept it, or tap No to have the system generate a different PIN. In the NetExtender user interface, tap the Disconnect button and tap OK to confirm. Use Windows Explorer to find the directory path where NetExtender is located. The NetExtender Preferences window is displayed. Obtain the following information and send them to support. 15. Select Display precise number in connection status to display precise byte value information in the connection status. To add a site to Internet Explorers trusted sites list: Enter the URL or domain name of your firewall in the. A second pop-up window may appear, prompting you to accept a certificate. The proxy settings can also be manually . For details on how to add the Virtual Office as a trusted site, see the Internet Explorer Prerequisites. Navigate to Windows Service manager under. Using the USB cable, connect your computer to the Android smartphone. How odd. and was rebooted already. Select radio button for Computer account. Well, that's obviously BS. (Optional) Displays only the profiles that are saved for the specified domain name. To clear the NetExtender Log, select the Clear NetExtender Log button. NetExtender Android supports basic authentication using a username and password for proxy servers. 5. It doesnt work - it says you session has expired. Secure Mobile Access 8.1 is the final version that has Mac NetExtender support. When launching NetExtender from the web portal, if your browser is already configured for proxy access, NetExtender automatically inherits the proxy settings. Table 43. Installing and Using NetExtender for Windows Mobile. 5. 5. You must be logged in as root to install NetExtender, although many Linux systems will allow the sudo ./install command to be used if you are not logged in as root. For example to if the drive letter is z, the server name is engineering, the share is docs, the password is 1234, the users domain is eng and the username is admin, the command would be the following: net use z\\engineering\docs 1234 /user:eng\admin. If the modem is in bridged mode it will not have an IP at all. The NetExtender icon is displayed in the task bar. Having NetExtender save your user name and password can be a security risk and should not be enabled if there is a chance that other people could use your computer to access sensitive information on the network. To install NetExtender from the user interface: Navigate to the directory where you saved.