The report has him relating that the boys may have cried a little but then were laughing.. "I understand I sound like him, and I have his laugh, and at the right angle I even look like him a little bit, but that's not me," he said. He said the fights were sometimes so bad, when he woke up the next morning, "the house would be destroyed.". She had two children with him: Anthony Peterson and Lacy Peterson. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Adrian Peterson has an estimated net worth of around $1million. As the story is once again brought to living rooms across the nation with HBOs dramatized telling of The Staircase, Kathleen Peterson, the scholar, mother, and advocate, may finally get the attention she deserves. Carol Brown was Drew Peterson's high school sweetheart, according to Investigation Discovery. Oak Brook police fired Stephen after village officials found that, after Stacy's disappearance, he stored his father's guns and checks totaling more than $200,000. "He told me he would kill me and make it look like an accident," she said. Adrian Peterson married his wife, Ashley Brown, on July 19, 2014. He has not worked since. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Hes not sure if Drew Peterson watched the episode. Wikimedia CommonsIt has been theorized that a Barred Owl attacked Kathleen. Im sure hell be upset, Stephen Peterson told the paper. According to the Chicago Tribune, the family was receiving Drew Petersons $79,000 pension from his nearly 30 years with the Bolingbrook Police Department. Chicagoreported that between 2002 and 2004, police were called to the Peterson house 18 times on domestic disturbance calls. Stephen Peterson said of the murder-for-hire scheme. Stephen Peterson has been raising his father's four children in his father's home while Drew Peterson has been serving a 38-year prison sentence for the 2004 murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. It has been theorized that a Barred Owl attacked Kathleen. When he first moved into his father's house, he didn't change much, thinking the living arrangement would be temporary, he said. Fast forward some time and the result was the MLB players fell attracted to each others wives. In an interview on Lifetime cable network show "Monster In My Family," Stephen Peterson said he initially believed his father's claims his third wife drowned accidentally and that Stacy left him for another man, but that he eventually grew to believe his dad killed Savio. So, who were all of the women who were married to this dangerous man? Still, Stephen said he thinks his dad will understand he needed the money he received from the show. Stacy Peterson's sister Cassandra Cales did not appear on the show but told the Tribune that Stephen Peterson has refused to let her see Stacy's children. And some believe that Kathleen Peterson died of simple, malicious negligence that Michael chose not to help Kathleen after an accidental fall. Stephen Peterson, son of convicted murderer and former police sergeant Drew Peterson, has come to believe his dad is guilty of more than killing Wife No. The Oak Brook Board of Fire and Police Commissioners ruled Stephen failed to disclose Drew had given him three guns and checks totaling nearly $240,000 just three days after Stacy vanished in October 2007, and later claimed they were irrelevant to the investigation. The Season 2 premiere of Monster in My Family starsStephen Peterson, 36, the eldest son of convicted murderer Drew Peterson. "You kind of look back and think, maybe she did know something, or maybe something did happen," Stephen says. Monster in My Family airs Tuesdays at 10pm on LMN. He lost his job as a police officer in Oak Brook, after he was accused of obstructing the investigation into Stacy's disappearance by hiding his father's guns. Unfortunately, no particular information on Kristopher is publicly known. Stacy Peterson has now been gone for 10 years she was last seen on Oct. 28, 2007, and reported missing the following day and by now even Peterson's son Stephen Peterson has admitted that . Peterson has never been charged for Stacys disappearance, and police are still investigating the case. From Drew Peterson's marriage to Carol Brown, which lasted from 1974 to 1980, Stephen Paul Peterson and Eric Drew Peterson came into this world. In 2012, Drew Peterson was sentenced to 38 years in prison for the 2004 slaying of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose death was re-examined after Peterson's next wife, Stacy, disappeared. Adrian played with the Vikings through 2016, signing with the New Orleans Saints on April 25, 2017. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts. The disastrous fallout from Drew Peterson murder trial of Savio has impacted Stephen. On the show, Stephen Peterson recalled often hearing his father and Savio arguing in the middle of the night while he and his brother were in bed. Not only has he remarked that his father was not a good, caring, or loving dad, but hes also testified that he once saw him physically drag Kathleen in their home as she screamed for help. He told the newspaper that his father kind of put us in a really bad situation I have to clean up now.. He has his suspicions about the 2007 disappearance of Stacy Peterson, in which his father remains a suspect. Keep scrolling for everything we know about Drew Peterson's four ex-wives. He got his start in football around the age of seven, after witnessing his nine-year-old brother pass away in a bicycle accident. Kathleen Savio married Drew Peterson right after he divorced Connolly in 1992. Cales also adopted Drews two children from his previous marriage. She test drove a few other vehicles, but always seems to come back to the Escape. Stephen Peterson leaves the DuPage County Courthouse in Wheaton on March 18, 2013. He told the operator she was still breathing. According to NBC Chicago, Thomas was the valedictorian of his class at Bolingbrook High and, in 2012, was a neuroscience major at UPenn. He and his wife, Ashley, tied the knot in 2014. Peterson said he initially believed his father's claims that Savio died from an accidental drowning and that Stacy ran off with a boyfriend. On December 9, 2001, Michael Peterson found his wife, Kathleen Peterson, dead at the bottom of the back staircase in the 11,000-square-foot mansion that they shared with their children in Durham, North Carolina. Stephen W. Peterson of Lake Stevens, WA, passed away unexpectedly on November 1, 2008. . 1980) and Eric, Kathleen Savio (1992-2003) sons Thomas (b. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. So when Lifetime called with a $10,000 offer to be on the show Monster in My Family, Stephen took the deal. In 2003, Peterson married 19-year-old Stacy Ann Cales. Michael Peterson while incarcerated at Nash Correctional Institution, 2003. Together, Adrian and Ashley share two children: Adrian Jr. and Axel Eugene. On December 9, 2001, Michael Peterson found his wife, Kathleen Peterson, dead at the bottom of the back staircase in the 11,000-square-foot mansion that they shared with their children in Durham, North Carolina. Connolly said that during their almost decade of marriage, he had pulled a gun on her at least three times. Fox on Parkinson's: 'It's Banging on the Door', Teen Shot by Homeowner Gets Invite From a Big Star. Reports on interviews with Stephen Peterson also were included in the court file. Drew Peterson Had 4 Wives and 6 Children: Carol Brown (1974-1980) - sons Stephen (b. "He's your dad and you don't think twice," Stephen said, adding he didn't suspect anything at the time. The state police interviewed Teresa Peterson, an agent with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, in reference to Stacys whereabouts on Nov. 21, 2007. In public statements and court records, he. She testified at his pretrial hearing saying he had threatened to kill her several times and that he'd pulled a gun on her at least three times, per ABC 7 Chicago. For nearly a decade, former police officer Drew Peterson has steadfastly maintained his innocence in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy. 2017 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. He faces no charges in. "The sadness, the anxiety, (asking), 'Did he do it? This brings little relief. They were married from 1982 to 1992. In 2013, Drew Peterson, who maintains his innocence, was sentenced to 38 years in prison. According to Cosmopolitan, barred owls are native to the area and known to attack joggers with some frequency. During their divorce proceedings, Savio repeatedly said, "He's gonna kill me and it's gonna look like an accident.". On the show, Stephen Peterson didn't say much about Stacy's disappearance but spoke of his father's rocky relationship with Savio. Their prices are amazing and I would recommend them to anyone. Durham County Tax AdministrationThe exterior of the Peterson home in 2017. Steve joined WLNS-TV in Lansing, Michigan Area, where he worked as a Newsroom Assistant/Editor for 11 months.. Patterson has also worked as a reporter for WZZM 13, KSDK-TV NewsChannel 5, and CBS-3 Philadelphia before his current gig with NBC 10. Stephen said his father brought him the guns the day after Stacy went missing, telling him he assumed there would be a search because police would look for her and he didn't want them damaged. Stephen said he didn't suspect anything was wrong at the time his father gave him the guns and money. Now, 'Justice', Guy Charged With Taking Break From a Date to Kill a Man, Texas Makes Largest Jail Death Settlement in Its History, TV Writer's 1990s Gaffe Is Legend. A coroners jury, which included a close friend of Petersons, ruled her death as an "accidental drowning. This, they said, led to a heated argument that ended with Michael pushing Kathleen down the stairs. Drew Peterson first received widespread attention following the vanishing of Stacy Ann Cales Peterson. In 2003, 19-year-old nursing student Stacy Cales married 49-year-old Peterson. Bruises and scrapes were found all over her body. Lindsey Vonn, photo by Duncan Rawlinson from Vancouver, BC [CC BY 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons, 2012-2023, 2paragraphs Productions, LLC, Carol Brown (1974-1980) sons Stephen (b. During one of Michael Petersons appeals, an unusual theory emerged about Kathleen Petersons death: she was not murdered at all, but died after being attacked by a barred owl. CHICAGO (CBS) -- The son of convicted killer and former Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson has revealed he believes his father "probably" killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio, and his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson. I dont want to come out and say he did it but, Im sure he did it.. The usually reticent Stephen Peterson refuses most interview requests, but he spoke with the Tribune to talk about his appearance on Monster in My Family, a documentary that aired on the Lifetime Network. ", Melissa Moore, daughter of the Happy Face Killer, meets for the first time with Stephen, the son of Drew Peterson, in this scene from "Drew Peterson. Not one.. The marriage ended in 1980 when Brown found out Peterson was having an affair. Stephen says there was no "a-ha moment," when he changed his mind about his father's role in Stacy's disappearance, but he does recall her fear after Savio's death. Drew Peterson married Kathleen Savio in 1992. After learning about the mysterious death of Kathleen Peterson, read the shocking story of Dalia Dippolito, whose murder-for-hire plot to kill her husband was caught on camera by police. "Steve was on (the show) because he just wanted to portray himself as this good guy," Cales said. Drew Petersons situation keeps getting worse: Last year, he was convicted of hiring a hit man in an attempt to kill the prosecutor in his murder case. He was sentenced in 2012 to 38 years in prison for Savios murder, but has never faced trial in Stacys disappearance. He also said he told his father that he was going to appear on the show because he needed the money. He insisted that Stacy Peterson was still alive even as he faced trial for killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in 2004. The two are reportedly college sweethearts - they both attended the University of Oklahoma, where Adrian played football. She was a successful student and was the first woman admitted to Duke Universitys School of Engineering in 1967, where she earned her bachelors and masters degrees and met her first husband, physicist Fred Atwater. Around 2:40 a.m. on December 9, 2001, Michael Peterson called 911 to report finding Kathleen at the bottom of the back staircase in their million-dollar mansion. Stephen Peterson also said Stacy acted scared after Savio's death: "You kind of look back and think, maybe she did know something, or maybe something did happen, but at the time we never thought twice about it.". The infamous inmate's son believes his father killed his fourth wife, Stacy. Peterson remains a suspect, although he has adamantly maintained his innocence. Menu Log In Sign Up She thinks he's looking for sympathy. Kathleens career as a telecommunications executive was thriving, and Michael had received a half-million-dollar advance on a book deal. He Doesn't Mind, It's the Second-Largest Bank Failure in US History, Michael J. In 1980, Brown ended the marriage after she found out he was having an affair. Pick up PEOPLEs special edition True Crime Stories: Cases That Shocked America, on sale now, for the latest on Casey Anthony, JonBent Ramsey and more. Drew "kind of put us in a really bad situation I have to clean up now," Stephen Peterson said, sitting at his kitchen table. For nearly a decade, former police officer Drew Peterson has steadfastly maintained his innocence in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy. After four months as an intern. A Will County jury last year found Peterson guilty of drowning his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in 2004. The exterior of the Peterson home in 2017. Peterson also told the Tribune he identified with the show's host, Melissa Moore, the daughter of Keith Jesperson, known as the "Happy Face Killer" for a series of murders in the 1990s. Teresa Peterson also reportedly told the police that Stacy told her stories about how she used to sneak into the house Drew and Kathy (Savio) shared., At the time, Drew was living in the basement because they were in the process of separating or getting a divorce, the report says. "It's not funny anymore.". Another Remains Jailed for It, Fugitive in Texas Killings 'Could Be Anywhere', Mom: Kidnap Scam Used AI Clone of Daughter's Voice, Man Fatally Rammed Teens' Car After Doorbell Prank, Gunman On the Run After Texas Mass Shooting, She Claimed a Kidnapping Attempt. Aquascape's Annual Fish and Plants Spring Sale! Cellmate Secrets: Drew Peterson chronicles the baffling story of a retired sergeant from Bolingbrook, Illinois, who was accused, arrested, tried, and convicted for the murder of his third wife after his fourth one disappeared. Drew, now 63, is imprisoned at Menard Correctional Center; he was recently sentenced to another 40 years for conspiring from prison to kill the prosecutor who put him there. He was convicted on September 6, 2012, per CNN. "I'm not my father, and if I screw up, I own what I do. Though one of their sons was at the scene before police, and the tree branch would have been easy to dispose of and could explain the needles and feathers, many of these and other theories do not have enough evidence to hold up to scrutiny. It was revealed during the trial that Kathleen was the only owner of their mansion and car and that Michael may have been enticed by her $1.8 million life insurance policy. Steve Patterson Career. On the phone from prison, Stephen said, his father seems to remain in good spirits, still joking, despite another recent criminal conviction. Convicted killer Drew Peterson, shown here in 2009, was sentenced in 2013 for murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in 2004. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. In 2011, Stephen was fired from his job as a police officer after officials learned that he had stored his fathers guns and checks totaling more than $200,000 after Stacys disappearance. In an interview with the Tribune, and on a Lifetime cable network show that aired in January, Stephen revealed that he believes his father, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, "probably" killed Savio. Foul play is suspected but has never been able to be proven, per CNN. Peterson is serving a 78-year sentence for the murder of Savio and for then trying to hire a hitman to kill the prosecutor who sent him to prison. Since Drew Peterson's arrest, Stephen lost his job as an Oak Brook police officer for failing to disclose details of interactions he had with his father after Stacy disappeared. Peterson is 63. Eventually he and the kids started to redecorate and paint, he said. "I'm sure he'll be upset," he said, "not like his opinion matters now." Email us atexclusive@the-sun.comor call212 416 4552. Then, although he was with Victoria Connolly for over a decade, they had no kids together. Stephen Peterson has been raising his father's four children in his father's home while Drew Peterson has been serving a 38-year prison sentence for the 2004 murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. He became the seventh overall pick, selected by the Minnesota Vikings. Kathleen Hunt was born in Greensboro, North Carolina, on February 21, 1953. How does a man like this end up married once let alone four timeswith one wife murdered and another missing? Inmate Antonio Smith said he was playing basketball in the prison yard in October 2013 at Menard Correctional Center when Drew Peterson approached him for a favor. Stacy's disappearance led to authorities exhuming the body of Savio for a new autopsy. Peterson's second wife was Vicki Connolly. Toxicology showed a blood alcohol content of 0.07 percent, just under the legal limit, and blood concentration of Valium consistent with a therapeutic dose. They got married a few months after graduating in 1974. Dateline airs on Fridays at 9 p.m. In court last year, fellow inmate Antonio Smith testified that Peterson had called Stacy a dead woman while discussing the case. Drew Peterson, a retired police sergeant, was arrested for the 2004 murder of his third wife Kathleen Savio and became a suspect in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife Stacy (nee Cales) Peterson, who has never been found. Michael Petersons attorney, David Rudolf, told the court, Show me one piece of evidence, one person who says that Kathleen was upset because Mike was bisexual. Like us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TheSunUSand follow us from our main Twitter account at@TheSunUS, Vanessa Bryant remembers daughter Gigi on what would have been her 17th birthday, World's sexiest volleyballer sprawls on bed to show off curves in lingerie shoot, Tragedy as Shaq Barrett's daughter Arrayah, 2, 'drowns in family pool', NFL Network host peed on live TV during draft as fans joke 'that's ruff', 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Adrian Peterson is a professional running back, Adrian Peterson has played in the NFL since 2007. Stephen Peterson acknowledged he appeared on "Monster in my Family" for the money, because his father's pension payments have ended, and he was using the pension to help support his father's children after Stephen was fired as a police officer in 2011. Peterson, 37, said he doesn't know details of what might have happened to Stacy, and that his father still maintains his innocence to him. Stephen Peterson had not spoken to Savio's sister, Sue Doman, since Savio's funeral, until the two met for the show. Stephen has managed and advised the assets of individual and institutional clients for the past 40 years. After several appeals, he entered an Alford plea meaning a defendant acknowledges that the prosecution has enough to convict them but maintains their innocence in 2017 to have his charge reduced to manslaughter. Kathleen Peterson and Michael Peterson in an undated photograph. In October of the same year, he was traded to the Arizona Cardinals. Stephen "Pete" Peterson on Twitter: "My wife replaced her 6 year-old Ford Escape with a new one. He recalled hearing his father and Savio argue at night when he was a teenager. Stacy is still missing. Peterson claimed she abandoned her family for another man, per Investigation Discovery. Not one shred of evidence. Stephen Peterson told the newspaper that he doesnt know the details of Stacys disappearance. But nothing could have prepared the family for what would happen shortly before Christmas in 2001. Stephen Peterson, 32, moved out of their North Aurora home and now lives in his fathers house in Bolingbrook, where he cares for his younger half-siblings. His office is not accepting new patients. "He put me up against the wall in the garage and grabbed me by the throat," she said, detailing one of their arguments. Meanwhile, Cales's body was never found. The 42-year-old posted his $5,000 bail, but it seems like the legal processes will continue. In 2012, Drew Peterson was sentenced to 38 years in prison for the 2004 slaying of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose death was re-examined after Peterson's next wife, Stacy, disappeared. Carol Brown was Drew Peterson's high school sweetheart, according to Investigation Discovery. Living in his father's home, raising his father's children, Stephen Peterson, the son of convicted murderer Drew Peterson, said he's spent the better part of a decade cleaning up his dad's "mess.". Peterson said he would take Susanne while his wife, Marilyn rode with Kekich. We use cookies. He claimed he found her after lingering outside for several hours after dinner, but the police soon arrested him, and he was found guilty of Kathleens murder in 2003. Savio's remains were exhumed for reexamination. Stephen and Eric had already grown up and were doing their own things, but Eric was estranged from their father. Peterson doesn't dispute that he hasn't let Cales see Drew and Stacy's children, saying he doesn't "trust" Cales. Jessica O'Connor is a public historian focusing on Deep South Black History with degrees from Winston-Salem State University and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. NetflixMichael Peterson while incarcerated at Nash Correctional Institution, 2003. They married in 1974 and had two sons during their marriage: Stephen Paul Peterson and Eric Drew Peterson. Drew told him the allegations "aren't what they seem," his son said. He was sentenced to an additional 40 years in prison for the murder-for-hire plot. In response, the prosecution also argued that the motive could have been money. At the time, her death was ruled as an accidental drowning. Adrian Peterson married his wife, Ashley Brown, on July 19, 2014. . Last summer marked the end of Drew Peterson's pension payments, which Stephen said he had used to support the family after he lost his job in 2011. "His conscience is finally catching up to him," she tells CBS 2's Roseanne Tellez. This obstruction involved Stephen Peterson stashing three of his fathers firearms before the state police got around to executing a search warrant soon after Stacy was reported missing.