g Clinical Nutrition Therapy, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo . Mine is near the Mets stadium. Cal--Carbs--Fat--Protein. Theyre tangy, theyre crunchy, and theyre going to be devoured in just minutes! Finally, the planet can reap the benefits of your wine-drinking tendencies. or "How many meals a day should you eat?" Full of artificial sweeteners. So thats how I decided to start taking tiny bottles of wine with me to the movie theater. And now, theres a new Bamba in town and theyre covered in dark chocolate. AWESOME! Then gathered a small wine crew including a self-proclaimed wine snob (Hannah) and an actual French person (Marie) and made them drink wine with me* at 10 a.m. (*Since I'm known to get drunk after half a beer, I decided it was best to get others to taste them too to assure my review wasn't ~influenced~ in any way). The next generation of wine consumers can be enticed to try a new beverage choice when it comes in a familiar beverage container. You can alsoFOLLOW MEonFacebook,Instagram,Twitter, andPinterestto see what I'm up to. On occasion I would go there just look at the wines but not to buy. 120/2000Cal left. I literally dropped $100 at the store in Westfield, NJ to not have that issue. I schlepped a case of each back to the BuzzFeed offices. By taking bottles out of the equation, alternative packaging offers wine producers a quick, easy and, in Trader Joes terms, a simpler way to get wine to consumers. Hey Ttrockwood! Most of the wine falls down into the mediocre category. Review all the winners, then create your own list of favorites and pack a Trader Joe's go-bag so you're ready when the deserted island comes a-calling. It's a conversation piece in my home. Have you been to the Trader Joe's Wine store in NYC? Just in time for summer, Trader Joe's is swooping in with a whole new way to up your ros season game. The cons: Not available in all locations. Introducing Simpler Wines, TJ's new line of fun-size canned wines. I have! Ariel Klein is a freelance writer specializing in lifestyle, fashion, beauty, technology, home, cooking, and gardening topics. Introducing "Simpler Wines," Trader Joe's new line of fun-size canned winesand summer 2017's answer to the famous Two Buck Chuck. Lovely You Wine Trader Joe's Nutrition Facts. Another take on alternative wine packaging comes from Boston-basedKuve. It doesnt matter if youre 4 years old or 44, theres just something so fun (and delicious) about dipping a crispy peanut butter wafer into a jammy, raspberry fruit dip. Sarah Midkiff. This website takes its name from a famous Betty whose character was developed to give a more personalized response to consumer product questions. La Paca Sonriente Garnacha. If you're looking for a summer patio pounder, this would totally do the job. How does this food fit into your daily goals? If youre not perusing the dried fruits and nuts section on every TJ's run, what on earth are you doing? What do you get when you combine a waffle cone and a shortbread cookie? Each 12-ounce can is 120 calories and 5% ABV, making it a truly delicious, totally portable, gluten free cocktail stand-in when the summer heat is sizzling off the pavement. Food. I am from NYC! They were just $1 for a 187-milliliter can, which is basically one full glass of sparkling wine, or one quarter of a standard 750-milliliter wine bottle. People immediately went nuts for the little cans, and many stores sold out, leaving us all bereft of mini cans of sparkling wine to take to picnics, drink on the porch, or smuggle into movie theaters. Three dollars a can is the equivalent of a $6 bottle of wine, and it tastes like it, but its not bad for a $6 bottle of wine. He also notes that cabernet, chardonnay and pinot grigio in alternative 3-liter premium box wine and Tetra Pak formats are each posting more than 20% growth. Heres another great sweet treat for chocolate and peanut butter lovers. Its nice and fizzy and refreshing. Crunchy Curls. We are not affiliated with Trader Joes in any way. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I am drinking one now! Please share your favorite TJ's products and recipes! The cabernet sauvignon is fine, if unremarkable. Pure Bred Cabernet Sauvignon. These are perfect for that. The cons: Not available in all locations. When Bamba Snacks first hit the shelves at Trader Joes, shoppers were franticly filling their carts with multiple bags. And now I've lived in Seattle for quite a number of years. The grocer notes that the aluminum packaging also makes these babies easier to tote around than a traditional wine bottle and more convenient to recycle. If youve ever ventured to Trader Joes just for a snack haul, you wouldnt be the only one. Something for everyone interested in hair, makeup, style, and body positivity. *Only available in Trader Joe's stores where wine is sold. The pros:Trader Joe's Simpler Wines Peach is the best out of the three canned varieties of Simper Wines. a can. So, for around $4 (depending on taxes in your state), you get 4 cans of wine. I vehemently agreed, and asked for a sparkling water instead. 5 Department of Nutrition, Kagawa Nutrition University, 3-9-21, Chiyoda, Sakado-shi 350-0288, Japan. It took me awhile to get used to that. Simpler WInes. All rights reserved. Daily Goals. Its not very strong. Yes, that glass is not straight. Trader Joe's Kohlrabi Vegetable Pasta Reviews. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Trader Joes Squiggly Knife Cut Noodles Review. Last week, Trader Joe's announced a new line of wine that retails for just one dollar (!!) To revisit this article, select My Account, thenView saved stories, To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. So on to the cans, each can is about the size of a glass of wine. As something light and refreshing it was decent enough. How many calories in Trader Joe's simpler wines? Just beware because theyre hard to put down. Simple, clean and easy. Introducing Simpler Wines, TJ's new line of fun-size canned wines. Hi, my name is Brenda and welcome to my blog! The James Beard Foundations Hyped-Up Food Hall Isnt Bad. Theres a reason why these Fig & Olive Crisps have been around for so long, and its because theyre absolutely divine. The only heartbreaking downside to these otherwise-perfect canned wine creations? After all, part of the experience of drinking wine is the ritual associated with pulling the cork and pouring it into the beautiful stemmed wine glass. These beautiful dry-roasted California almonds are dusted with the perfect ratio of cocoa powder and sea salt, making for an incredible mid-day snack. Id buy the ros again, especially for making fros with, and Id happily stock both the ros and chardonnay for big summer parties when I wanted to supply a lot of people with wine without spending a ton of money or filling up my entire recycling bin in one party. Food. I review products from Trader Joes (no affiliation) and share easy recipes and cocktail ideas. Moon X Black Pinot Noir. If you are looking for cheap entertainment of a picnic or large backyard party in the middle of the summer, this might be for you. I'm natively from Queens and have moved "upstate" to Westchester. We are getting towards the end of August which means summer is almost over. And then moved out to California where every grocery store and every drug store had beer and wine. If the weather was hot and the can was cold, a person could easily drink these a lot faster than they realized. I tried their canned rose and- ehh. No need to bring a wine opener to your next picnic. I don't ever consider it upstate, but I know some of my Long Island friends consider it upstate. Immediate result: insomnia. Think about it: How many times have you gone into Trader Joes with the intention of sticking to your shopping list, only to find yourself with a whole bag of irresistible goodies? Trader Joe's. In the proud tradition of Two Buck Chuck -- more accurately $3-4 Charles now -- Trader Joe's has launched Simpler Wines. In any case, if you see all three varieties out, this was the one to pick up. 1. But the ceremonial aspect of wine drinking becomes a barrier to entry for new wine drinkers who find it old-fashioned, stuffy and something old folks do. There is also some high-tech wifi enhancement enabled in theKuvedispenser, but how exactly that works and what it might mean to the consumer, frankly, escapes me. Hannah's Review: It tastes like seltzer and grape juice, which isnt too bad. And yes, I have 3 TJs within driving distance. Now, before you call me out saying there is a Trader Joe's Wine Store in NYC, there is. In fact, it's commonly known that Trader Joe's snacks are superior to pretty much any other selection at a typical . Trade Joe's simply can't keep it in stock. I can buy wine and liquor. I'll have to think about making some type of frose with these. Click on Thoughts & Reviews of Trader Joesfor asearchablelist. They're called Simpler Wines, are sold in a white and ros version, and cost $3.99 for a four-pack. It simply doesnt make sense to order online a popular premium wine brand priced from $10-$15, where a good bulk of the wine drinkers live. But because Im a broke AF wino with a passion for paying my rent on time AND wine and cheese pairings, I headed to our local TJs. I had been in IT for many years and wanted a change and was really, really getting deep into wine and the wine business. I think everyone remembers where they were when they first tried these Chili & Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips. This is nice and fizzy. ), but with 10% alcohol by volume and a "product of Italy" label, I was thinking "damn, this might actually taste legit.". Trader Joe's customers can pick up a four-pack for a mere $3.99. How do I describe the peach? Thanks to innovative products, unbeatable prices, and a wide variety of options, TJ's has always been considered the mecca of snacks. Probably best as a spritzer with a splash of juice or as your third drink of the night . You can find them both in our wine section. This one actually was sort of close to a good one; it just needs some tweaking. Canned wine has really taken off in recent years. I would not be disappointed if I drank this at a barbecue (or in the shower, honestly). However, many people are reporting they have started to find Simpler Wines in Trader Joe's across the country. Priced at just $3.99 and available in white . Trader Joes has a surprising new product hit this summer, Simpler Wines a four-pack of sparkling wines in generous 6-ounce cans. Get nutrition information for Trader Joe's items and over 200,000 other foods (including over 3,500 brands). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add the fizz factor and Trader Joes Simpler Wines becomes even more comfortable to imbibe, as it calls to mind the familiar beer and soda experience. It tastes dry and astringent and its not very complex, but if you paid $6 for a glass of wine at a restaurant, youd probably expect to get something like this. So yes, this is cheaper than most drinkable bottles of wine. Yes I am. Let me know what you think in the comments section! Bon Apptit may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Learn to calculate a wine's calories Generally speaking, a glass of wine (5 fluid ounces) will range from 90-120 calories. You better believe I stocked up because sitting in New York to New Jersey traffic is no joke. Hey Alek! Does anyone really expect us to watch Deadpool 2 without a beer? Recommend: Including location, a comparison for size (i.e., coins/playing cards), and any important information about the food that might be hard to discern from the picture. Chili & Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips. Perfect timing with this review! Jesse's Review: This is literally a classy version of a wine cooler. Serving Size: 5 oz. It doesn't quite top my favorite canned wine either- Friends Fun Wine Sangria. Product Name: Trader Joe's Simpler Wines White Italian Sparkling Wine. Simpler Wines is a new wine brand from Trader Joe's that offers high quality wines at an affordable price. If looking at the Fearless Flyer from time to time has taught me anything, it's that some stores get things we are simply not allowed to have. Cooking advice that works. US residents can opt out of "sales" of personal data. Pro tip: Pop a few of these cups in the freezer and enjoy them with a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Just like their Simpler Times beer (which isn't all that great, just cheap swill), they are appealing to your fun side and not complicating it will too much. That means a spirt has about 97 calories per shot, a glass of wine has about 123 calories per glass and a beer has about 154 calories per glass! Hey Dag! Meanwhile, the ros has "elegant, mineral notes and red fruit flavors." All four of the larger, non-sparkling wines are from Australia, while the two sparklers are both from Italy. Every time I sip it I see Grandma Alice under the hair dryer. Slightly off dry. The cans are 375 milliliters each, which is half a regular bottle of wine, or about two large glasses. So, what does this wine taste like? I could drink one of these in a matter of minutes. These dried Soft & Juicy Mango slices are delicate but full of sweetness, which must be why everyone goes crazy for them. Trader Joe's All Butter Puff Pastry Reviews. If your taste buds don't like sweet or anything that tastes like a wine cooler, then skip this one. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! There are so many ways to enjoy plantains, but nothing beats a thin and crispy chip. Not too sweet, refreshing, *just* enough pep of bubbles, and with a price tag that you can't really argue with. Lightweight, small quantity. Which is exactly what Trader Joes is going for. And btw i hate beer, so I cant pick up something at the grocery store or even the bodega :/ Good. These airy peanut butter snacks dipped in rich chocolateAKA Dark Chocolate Bamba Snacksare truly what dreams are made of. I grew up and lived on the East Coast Maryland to be exact for most of my life. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. I'm not tasting notes of pear and honeysuckle, but I'm not complaining either. This Spanish grenache is full of rich red fruits balanced out by a subtle touch of earth. Priced at just $3.99 and available in white and ros, the wines also have Italian provenance. Search for your favorite Trader Joe's products. There are certain truths about living near NYC. So. Well send you our daily roundup of all our favorite stories from across the site, from travel to food to shopping to entertainment. Ill pass though, it just not interesting enough and life is too short to drink crappy wine. Would I buy this again? Now, this isn't going to win any medals at a wine competition. For me, I probably would not buy the reds again, because if Im going to drink a red I would rather spend $15 or so. Trader Joe's Simpler Wines Ros. For such a simple sweet treat, these buttery, crispy cookies are so versatile. Goodbye Two-Buck Chuck, hello canned wine. I mean to a T. It brought me back to when my grandma took me to her salon as a kid. But if you are drinking it from a can, what does it matter anyway? Or at least a sobriety test. ($1 a can here). 125. Or with appetizers, brunch, or a light dinner. Whether youre enjoying them with your favorite soft cheese or dipping them into a yogurt dip, these delicate yet flavorful chips will always be a pantry staple. 120. Log food: So, for around $4 (depending on taxes in your state), you get 4 cans of wine. Learn how your comment data is processed. Post a picture of any food for estimates on calorie counts. Obsessed with travel? But it really does have more in common with a wine cooler than a glass of wine. About. Product details: This can is simply labeled "white" which had me a bit suspicious (like, is it Chardonnay or Moscato? It's really their only viable path to market, he writes. In the proud tradition of Two Buck Chuck -- more accurately $3-4 Charles now -- Trader Joe's has launched Simpler Wines. No. Get nutrition information for Simpler Wines items and over 200,000 other foods (including over 3,500 brands). . Beverages. This is a BETA experience. Enjoy your time in California! In fact, its commonly known that Trader Joes snacks are superior to pretty much any other selection at a typical supermarket. 12% Generic Rose Wine . Now Trader Joes has added four new, non-sparkling wines to the lineup. It tasted so nondescript I made my father come weigh in on it, to make sure I hadnt already messed up my palate drinking all the chardonnay and the ros. Since 2005, a community of over 200 million members have used MyFitnessPal to answer those questions and more. Daily Goals . TJ's has introduced Simpler Wines, a new line of fun-size canned wines. That being said, it's pretty good! URL citations appear in the printed text and are provided in the HTML and PDF versions of this article on the journal's Web site (www.painjournalonline.com). Everything in New York is expensive. 200 calories. It won't win any medals but had a decent wine spritzer taste to it. The Grapes: Italian Ros Blend Price: ~$4 / 4-pack (equivalent to 1.25 standard bottles) Size: 250 ml / can . Everything is expensive. Because theyre rolled up, every chip has the ultimate level of crunchgenius move, TJ's! My hometown is part of Flushing and I went to Townsend Harris HS. Of the three Simpler Wines varieties,Trader Joe's Simpler Wines Peach was the most drinkable on its own. Fat 67 g Find calories, carbs, and nutritional contents for Rose Wine and over 2,000,000 other foods at MyFitnessPal . But its $3 and its wet.. Did you try it? Seems so odd you cannot buy wine or beer at the local grocery. And as for the tiny $1 cans of sparkling wine, they are fantastic and I want to buy 100 of them and carry them around in my pockets so I can hand them out at summer concerts and make new friends. How does this food fit into your daily goals? It's also a good option for anyone looking to transition from lighter wines into richer reds for fall and winter. But DTC distribution isnt only a matter of survival for small wineries, but a big growth opportunity for big producers as well. The first time I tried to go to a movie after moving to my new town, I figured they would not have a full bar behind the concession stand, so I asked for a white wine, or maybe a beer if they didnt have that. Click on Thoughts & Reviews of Trader Joesfor asearchablelist. Liquor laws are just so confusing lol. I've never been to it. By Become Betty. Product Name: Trader Joe's Simpler Wines White Italian Sparkling Wine. The Simpler Wines line includes four varietals: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon. . Which is exactly what Trader Joe's is going for. However it's a lot more expensive because of all the taxes attached to it now that it's sold in grocery and drug stores. It tastes like a house wine, he said. BecomeBetty.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Trader Joe's Joe Joes Cookies and Creme Granola, Trader Joe's Pumpkin Cheesecake Croissants, Trader Joe's Cinnamon Roll Blondie Bar Baking Mix, Trader Joe's Banana Pudding Flavored Ice Cream, Food Blogger Pro Review: How They Helped Me Grow, Start a Food Blog from Budgets of Zero to One Thousand Dollars. I did not know that u are from NY/NJ area! We still have some Prohibition Era Blue Laws on the books. The cans are 375 milliliters each, which is half a regular bottle of wine, or about two large glasses. There are some cheap wines that taste expensive and will fool everyone into thinking you spent a fortune on them. 1 cup (140g) Nutrition Facts. When the wines were first released, they were only available at New York's Union Square location, according to Tasting Table. Rob McMillan, EVP of EVP and Founder of Silicon Valley Banks Wine Division and author of its annual State of the Wine Industry report, points to the tremendous opportunity that DTC wine sales represents. Thanks so very much for your kind words. If you do get around to trying it, I'd love to hear what you think.