Im trying to find an open storm drain channel in Sydney for a photo set up. . Brisbane Urbex - Blogger 7.9K Likes, 234 Comments. Huge cavity. The Broadway Hotel, Woolloongabba restorethebroadway View Profile 24 likes - View Post on Instagram Abandoned places where youre on your own are also good places to get mugged, so it might be worth packing some mace. #ernestjunction #traintunnel #graffiti #abandonedplaces #ernestjunctiontunnel #historic #goldcoast #igersgoldcoast #iphonephotography #loveyouqueensland #migoldcoast #thisisqueensland #discoverqueensland #hello_bluey #wow_australia2017 #moregoldcoast #ig_myshot #ig_australia #visitgoldcoast #visitqueensland #goldcoastgallery #ourgoldcoast. Rooftops Around The World : at night, the city sleeps. #UrbEx #TMNT #CaveClan #Brisbane. I've been lookin for a while for any places to urbex explore around Brisbane, if anyone has any ideas that would be helpful, anything from drains, abandonments, caves, warehouses or other places to explore. Explore: Visiting the place wont be easy, considering security has tightened for its impending doom. View the best urbex locations and read about its history. Thanks heaps, dm me on insta (ashleylouisee) or send me an email if you can help me out. Verviers barracks : huge abandoned colorful barracks in a very good condition. yeah but she never gives the location out which is a bummer, I want to go to these places myself! If anyone has any locations for abandoned buildings, urbexing, underground tunnels or anything like that, I would appreciate any suggestions. CdK's Blast Furnace : brainstormed, calculated, dreamed of, and then accomplished! All products are independently selected, tested or recommended by our team of experts.If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission. . I will take anything fun. P.S. The flight reaction kicked in. Abandoned Castles from South West of France : random discoveries during wanderings in my home country. The memories and what's left behind after we pass #abandoned_world #abandoned #abandoned_decay #abandoned_seekers_ #abandonedplaces #abandoned_challenge #abandoned_houses #abandoned_af #abandoned_places #abandonedurbex #urbanexploration #urbexexplorer #urbex_abandoned #urbex_abandoned #urbandecay #urbanexplorer #urbanexplorationphotography #urbex_supreme #urban_photography #urbex_kings #urbanabandoned #urbexworld #urbexaustralia #country_urbex #moirashouse #moyrashouse. (Brisbane) "Bunker" at Rollingstone. . A look into the history of the city's deserted buildings. . Moira's House Location: Wooloowin, Queensland Details: This eerie home is full of relics that date back to the 1930s and 1960s. These underground drains carry out the canalization of rain water, completely separated from sewer networks. But it was still used by an anarchist-environmentalist movement until October 2005. Urbex explorers want the conditions of Moira's house to remain unaltered so that future explorers can enjoy what currently feels like a time capsule. Caestert underground quarries : explore these huge limestone quarries below the Belgian and Netherlands borders. Erpent manor house : just a beautiful 19th Century house being demolished, with a wonderful abandoned greenhouse. Perhaps its more to do with whats been left behind. Got to visit these two places tonight on a job. Opening in 1865 and closing in 2001, the Wolston Park Hospital mental asylum garnered a reputation for sexually abusing its patients and giving electro-shock therapy to children. Most of those buildings are very creepy. Exploring Abandoned Places Near Me: What Is Urbex? Urban exploration works better in urban areas. The Basque berets factory Pierre Laulhre : exploration of an old factory of a small Pyrenean village. Abandoned urbex locations from Kingdom of Belgium, Knigreich Belgien or Royaume de Belgique. Youll find a few bats flying around, too! Pic 3 of 3. In fact, some urbex photography occurs in places that aren't strictly speaking urban. Famous for its amazing graffiti walls and street art, redevelopers recently spent $AUD10 million to restore it to its former glory and add a restaurant too! Locations Primary 1 Sandpiper Avenue Port of Brisbane, QLD 4187, AU Get directions Employees at Urbex Pty Ltd Lori K Thomas Brand & Marketing Management. Possum's Eel Cave - Brisbane Underground Brick Storm Drain - Blogger In the tranquility of legality. There are loads of places where nobody is. It costs money to build a building, and if you do so you want to get use out of that building. Callum, Hey everyone I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good locations if they could shout me an email, mel.h.2015@my.com These underground drains carry out the canalization of rain water, completely separated from sewer networks. You can also use the following sites that work as databases for urbex photographers. I've been asked to delete the screen shots of the article. Oh and here's some urbex locations to get you started.. (for urban exploration or photo shoots), Pratt-Pullman Yard (Forgotten Repair Yard). Unbeatable view on the eiffel Tower New Jersey State Hospital for the Insane : exploration of the violent ward of the beautiful abandoned Greystone asylum Norwich Insane Asylum : exploration of this giant abandoned asylum. You be amazed about how many derelict buildings there are in your neighbourhood. This means youre legitimate. You might feel moved by the fact that nothing lasts forever. ! Perhaps its not just the lack of people that makes these places interesting. I've recently moved down from Queensland & am looking for this & more. Abandoned buildings have plenty of risks. Le Valdor hospital : an XIXth century abandoned hospital located in Lige, Belgium. Hi a few weeks ago me and my mate explored The Maze Drain in Hawthorn it was my 3rd time there its so big i wanted to see the other side this time ! EIGHT NEW LUXURIOUS RESIDENCES SET FOR BRISBANE'S EASTERN SUBURBS Urbex Living launch 'The Wellington Collection' within the sought-after pocket of Manly Nationally acclaimed . We anchored our craft and began our underground urbex adventure into the unknown, Dsanktuary's Ghost - Brisbane Underground Brick Storm Drain Urbex Photography & Kayak Adventure, Accommodator - Underground Urban Exploration Storm Drain Photography Adventure, Rose Bush - Brick Storm Drain Underground Urban Exporation - Brisbane Australia, The Fire Tower - Urban Exploration, Thrill Seeking Climbing, Urbex Photography & Heaps of Abseiling, Graffiti Tunnel Urbex - Abandoned Road Tunnel that lies under a busy 6 lane Brisbane Road, Possum's Eel Cave - Brisbane Underground Brick Storm Drain, The Water Tower - Urbex Adventure, Climbing, Light Painting, Rooftopping, Danger, Xotica Ekweleksotika - Underground Brisbane Brick Storm Drain, Abandoned Mental Hospital & Asylum with No Floorboards - Extreme Urbex, The Big Abandoned Textitle Factory - A Brisbane Urbex Treasure, Burford's Batcave - A Brisbane Storm Drain made of Bricks, Rock & Concrete, Wickham Park, Wickham Terrace, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia, Willy Triple - A Brisbane Storm Drain built with Concrete and Steel, Centenary Place, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia, Brisbane Darkie - A Brisbane Storm Drain of Brick Curves, King George Square, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia, My Photography Guide for Urban Exploration. Look Im just wondering if this account is still in actionI explore Melbourne storm water drains a lot and find it interesting and its really fun. A tiny aesthetical exploration Du Gouffre collieries : yet another abandoned Belgian coal mine. Looking for Brisbane urban exploration locations : brisbane - Reddit Abandoned asylum two words with the power to send chills up and down your spine like not much else. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. In case youre wondering, it isnt illegal but some hotspots have alerted authorities to charge a fine for those caught trespassing. Intervapeur Verviers : an abandoned steam producing plant. A local classic urban exploration place. #FBF exploring the #LeopardStreetTunnel #BurfordsBatcave way back when I was young and stupid @jstrakertroublemaker hit me up if you go back down! Many of these drains are present below each city, each one having its nickname, story and features. Privacy Policy. Thanks to my Cave Clan underground guides from Sydney, Melbourne & Adelaide: Doug, Curly, Eli, Al, Rogue, Drac Big big thanks to you guys and Go In Drains ! Location: Bilambil Heights, New South Wales. . There are allegedly 1000 unclaimed bodies buried underneath the building, which is formerly known as the Gladesville Hospital. Or The residence of your dreams in the 80's! After all, theyre just places where nobody is. Nobody is at home when youre at work, but your home isnt fascinating. Left to crumble since 2001, these buildings were one of Brisbanes most popular abandoned spots until they were bulldozed in 2015. . Climbing the Stairs of Death | Brisbane Urbex Brisbae 638 subscribers Subscribe 102 4.6K views 4 years ago Insane climb/exploration with my friend, an abandoned building right in the heart of. . The Broadway Hotel was made during a massive building boom in 19th century Brisbane, attracting accommodation for country visitors. It was once a state theatre, then a nightclub, and finally, a skating rink until it burned down in 2002. All products are independently selected, tested or recommended by our team of experts.If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission. . The following are popular types of photos to take in these locations. They "offer an escape from excessive order," said Tim Edensor, a professor of geography at Manchester Metropolitan University who studies the appeal of urban ruins to City Lab. The following list only reflects what would be interesting from a photography perspective. You can gain local knowledge by visiting urbex forums and websites. If you like king size derelict buildings, this is the place to explore! I love to explore anything abandoned. Melbourne Urbex : r/melbourne - Reddit The last option is to explore yourself. I have been looking around and have found a bit of urbex to explore but would like to do some more. This eerie home is full of relics that date back to the 1930s and 1960s. It has remained derelict ever since, but the beautiful architecture is in the process of restoration. 5. With little heritage from this era left in Woollongabba it's a contentious project. Having someone with you will also give you that added safety. Discover the best softboxes for speedlights in %currentyear% to improve your photography. Online forums can help with this. A little less than an hour south of Chicago sits an abandoned psychiatric hospital. Thank you. Pont--Celles Arsenal : an abandoned train repairing site from the SNCB (Belgian National Railway company). Unfortunately, they demolished the site in 2015 to make way for building, Photo credit: @urbanpicxie DM or tag us in your flicks & we'll post them up! brisbane-urbex.blogspot.com.au. Check your (local) newspaper and search for abandoned places. Untighten bolt factory : this jungle of sexy micro-machines used to produce fully customized bolts. ashleylouisee@hotmail.com, if you want to start draining theres a good one to begin in northcote inside the golf course just off moreland road you have to jump a small fence and walk down to the creek bring a good torch cause its pitched black best of luck, I'm a very curious person looking to get into urban exploring drains, trains everything would love it if you guys could help me out a bit contact me at o.e.donati@gmail.com thanks guys, Hey guys, Perhaps its these discarded items, the spaces they inhabit, and the stories real and mythical that set our imaginations racing. Australian underground drains : the famous Cave Clan's underground networks! The Cinema Theater Varia : an art nouveau theater from 1910, abandoned since 1986 A piece of art from the architect Emile Claes. Here is the complete list of cities and areas visited by Urbex Playground and its photographers To protect the places visited by the members of urbex playground, location of these places is limited to the region where they are located. Find company research, competitor information, contact details & financial data for URBEX PARTNERSHIPS PTY LTD of PORT OF BRISBANE, QUEENSLAND. Historical urban exploration! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. But why are these forbidden areas so popular in Australia? Details: Built in 1865, it was the oldest mental institution in the country until it closed down in 2001. Cane Hill Asylum : formerly an urbex trophy in the early 2000's, this asylum is no more. Theyre old, mysterious, and dangerous but that hasnt stopped brave souls from delving into their dusty depths! 4178 Australia See other locations Built in 1889, this hotel burnt down not once, but twice in 2010 and 2018. Hasard collieries, Cheratte : Coal mine of Cheratte: explore an old abandoned yet very rich and well-preserved coal mine. Personal Self Leadership. Just type in "abandoned places" and search. #Abandonded #UrbanPhotography #Urban #Urbanex #UrbanExploration #AbandonedBrisbane #Graffiti #AndroidPhotos #History #Memories #Explore #Wilderness #OverGrown #Adventure #Exploration #Brisbane #MoirasHouse #MoyrasHouse. I've heard theres some beautys undernesth black mountain, There's some small but decent ones near kaleen shops. Demolition is in progress, but exploring the morgue is still worth a visit Collignon's brewery, Lcluse : yet another brewery from early XXth century. In case youre wondering, it isnt illegal but some hotspots have alerted authorities to charge a fine for those caught trespassing. Sorry everyone. You could hurt yourself badly enough that it might be difficult to get out of the building. Stonehenge, presumed to be over 5000 years old, is one of the early abandoned sites. Cane Hill Asylum: formerly an urbex trophy in the early 2000's, this asylum is. And how. Find abandoned places near me, thousands of urbex spots, houses and buildings Find abandoned places near me (for urban exploration or photo shoots.) Location: Wolston Park Road, Wacol, Queensland. You might find it beautiful that plants and animals have so easily invaded spaces once occupied by people. Very atmospheric. Find abandoned places near me, thousands of urbex spots, houses and Gaining access to such places will be covered later. Email legendary935@gmail.com to join the hunt. SAFEA La Louvire : probabaly the largest abandoned factory in Belgium. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Explore: Aussie Bushwalking has posted directions to guide you through your journey to the tunnel. All over Australia, buildings of all shapes and sizes have been left to rot (or be reclaimed by nature). Cities | Urbex playground The old structure is no longer there, but you can still find bits and pieces of the building around the. Here are four tips to help you get started. Finding abandoned buildings isnt easy. Abandoned Places Brisbane: 5 Houses, Buildings & Factories Excellence locations. That factory might be harder to gain permission to enter though. There are many artefacts left party invitations, awards, medicine, sheet music suggesting that whatever led the occupant to leave the property, it all happened quite fast. Explore: Theyre now open to the public and you can check out the renovated spot on their official Facebook page. Established in 1904 and abandoned in 1958, the Rozelle Tram Depot was like Sydney's unofficial transport museum, a monument to another time (a time when Sydney had trams). I take lots of photos, and have some silly fun, Went on an Urban Exploration adventure to the Dsanktuary storm drain. There are many reasons why you might want to enter a decaying building. We anchored our craft and began our underground urbex adventure into the unknown, Dsanktuary's Ghost - Brisbane Underground Brick Storm Drain Urbex Photography & Kayak Adventure, Accommodator - Underground Urban Exploration Storm Drain Photography Adventure, Rose Bush - Brick Storm Drain Underground Urban Exporation - Brisbane Australia, The Fire Tower - Urban Exploration, Thrill Seeking Climbing, Urbex Photography & Heaps of Abseiling, Graffiti Tunnel Urbex - Abandoned Road Tunnel that lies under a busy 6 lane Brisbane Road, Possum's Eel Cave - Brisbane Underground Brick Storm Drain, The Water Tower - Urbex Adventure, Climbing, Light Painting, Rooftopping, Danger, Xotica Ekweleksotika - Underground Brisbane Brick Storm Drain, Abandoned Mental Hospital & Asylum with No Floorboards - Extreme Urbex, The Big Abandoned Textitle Factory - A Brisbane Urbex Treasure, Burford's Batcave - A Brisbane Storm Drain made of Bricks, Rock & Concrete, Wickham Park, Wickham Terrace, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia, Willy Triple - A Brisbane Storm Drain built with Concrete and Steel, Centenary Place, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia, Brisbane Darkie - A Brisbane Storm Drain of Brick Curves, King George Square, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia, My Photography Guide for Urban Exploration. France, Gers (32), Occitanie. . X. The TB patients were removed, replaced by orphaned victims of the Francoist regime. Now a kind of architectural graveyard, the station is the prime location for a bit of that urban exploring malarkey although earlier this year, the local government announced their desire to clean it up, make it safe and turn it into an events space for the public. Possum's Eel Cave is an amazing Brisbane Storm Drain to do an Urban Exploration in. All Rights Reserved. Some visitors claim the building is haunted and police say the abandoned building is dangerous it's not advisable to enter this property. Uckange Blast Furnace : photographed between 2004 and 2009 during the conversion from abandonment to museum. In each pylon is a living space in which the toll masters originally lived (back when . A building, house, factory or school & I especially love to explore the Dark Storm Drains, tunnels & caves. Instead, nine years after the facility closed, the Queensland Government made a blanket apology. Ever since, YouTubers, photographers, graffiti artists, and travellers have used the hidden gems to satisfy their thirst for adventure! Locomotive's graveyard : a walk in an abandoned locomotive graveyard. If you are looking for a spooky urbex site, then Manteno State Hospital is the urban exploration location for you. In this abandoned house in Brisbane, visitors have found piano sheet music, old toys, party invitations, medicine and a TV set from the '80s. One of the last hardly standing in Belgium, most of them have been already destroyed. Theyre now open to the public and you can check out the renovated spot on their, Checked out this honey before she gets redeveloped #abandoned #urbex #urbanexploration #abandonedskaterink #redhillskaterink #urbexaus #urbexbris #urbexaustralia #urbanexplorationbrisbane #urbanexplorationbris #urbanexplorer #derelict. Fabric remains in the feeds of the machines and rolls of material were left on its timber floors. Reply (All excellence locations) New spot! Please note you can subscribe to read online articles or it will be available in the paper. Youll find a memorial for the victims outside the building. Supposedly, there's an ancient tunnel under the Great Court over at UQ, St Lucia! Before being laid to rest. Val Benot's University : the engineers have left the former university campus of Val Benot! Anyway The Fire Tower is an awesome Urbex location for some serious fun Labels: abseiling . You could go and try to explore that, although from what I understand, it's quite spooky. The majority of urbex photography happens within cities though. Once home to around 2500 boys at a time, this abandoned orphanage in Goulburn, New South Wales, is now only home to vandalism, dust and cobwebs. Often aesthetical, they are so many places to explore La Goutte d'eau (the 'Water Drop') : the Lescun and Cette-Eygun train station is not used since the closure of the line Oloron-Canfranc. , and has since been enjoying a new lease of life. It was a super urban exploration of the Brisbane brick storm drain called Possum's Eel Cave. To this day, it remains haunted by tragic stories of torture and violence, with over 200 bodies found in the graveyard. Urbex Pty Ltd | LinkedIn It was a well-known place for Urbex lovers, but its getting demolished since receiving a billion-dollar investment to build over it this year. Lots of Urbex enthusiasts visit to check out the lines of old school machinery and torn fabric. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience.