Ryan Truex rolls to first Xfinity Series win at Dover | NASCAR Kyle Larson rolled into the crash area with nowhere to go and slammed into Poole. NASCAR announced the 2022 stage lengths for the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. NASCAR announces start times and networks for 2022 season The finish was Chastains best of the year. I havent watched much racing in last six to eight years. A wet start to NASCARs race weekend in Dover on Friday led to several cancelations and postponements. Go figure. Top 10 running now: William Byron, Ross Chastain, Denny Hamlin, Brad Keselowski, Ryan Blaney, Kyle Busch, Tyler Reddick, Chris Buescher, Christopher Bell, Kevin Harvick. I think it was a really solid day for the No. Boring. 1? NASCAR playoffs at Darlington: Erik Jones drives the No. 43 to Victory Stage racing is like having a time out Screw that, racing dont have time outs. 12:17 p.m.:Another driver absolutely blitzing the field? So, its kind of pathetic. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. placed second. Without those breaks, 2/3 of the field would be a lap down. Overall, really great effort especially for how weve been here in the past. No fans not sport. Can the 1 car pass three cars in this incoming short run and make it happen? He bumped the slower car of Brennan Poole, sending Poole up the track and into the path of Kyle Larson. Brad Keselowski emerged in second, but he had an uncontrolled tire in his pit stall, and that will send him to the rear. The No. Im grateful for this opportunity, grateful to be here. A Beginner's Guide To Nascar Rules And Regulations - Sports Regal In the beginning I didnt like the stages. https://t.co/EjZAgvCTle pic.twitter.com/dLp4TmT2JY. Who cares ?? The driver of that 19 car got his wish: Hes now in the lead. I was just waiting for something to happen. Its just been a disappointing year overall. Pretty chilly in Delaware, a cool 59 degrees. However, anyone who watched Fridays (May 28) Camping World Truck Series race knows NASCARs broadcast partners have no qualms about showing commercials within 10 laps of a stage ending and during the following caution period. Whatever it was, it finally broke., Brennan Poole Finished 33rd: Im not exactly sure, but I feel like I just got ran over. He started Stage 2 down 28 laps. Go. Chastain moved to the top of the points standings, replacing Christopher Bell. If your first ,you win! Lap 81: Welp, so much for green racing the rest of the stage! I dont even watch a race anymore until the last 30 laps. Elliott has raced only four times this season and missed six races with a broken left tibia that he suffered in a March 3 snowboarding accident. Trouble for Noah Gragson at Dover. NASCAR at Dover spring 2023: Start time, TV, streaming, lineup for In the previous decade, there was plenty of chatter about bringing more action to NASCAR racing, since many (most?) Chastain, who has often been criticized for rough driving, was the central character in a Lap 81 crash. Brad Keselowski won Stage 1 of the 2023 Daytona 500 by a nose thanks to a late pass. 48 in place of an injured Alex Bowman. Points can be distributed via the running order. Lap 92: Green green green! Of all the places for Ryan Truex to turn in a career day, the 31-year-old led a dominant 124 of 200 laps at Dover Motor Speedway. 2023 NASCAR Race Lengths Date | Track | Stage (ends on lap) February 5 Clash at the Coliseum 4 Heat Races: 25 Laps 2 LCQs: 50 Laps Feature: 150 laps (Race Break Lap 75) February 19 The issue of driver safety at Dega and Daytona has nothing to do with stage racing. It may have even been before I needed to roll out of the gas. To determine stage. The Average length of time A NASCAR race lasts is 3 hours and 8 mins across a full season. https://t.co/R2DXQasxkA pic.twitter.com/2g03UuOgKN. Zietlow previously wrote for The Herald in Rock Hill (S.C.) from 2019-22. Further down the field, shoutout to Bubba Wallace, who has climbed 17 spots from his starting position. 48 Ally Chevy team. "This is for everyone that doubted me," Truex said. Byron led a race-high 193 laps. Stage 2 ends at Lap 250. Looking toward the future, many in the industry are keeping watch on the developments surrounding Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, as well as the planning of Auto Club Speedways reconfiguration into a short track. A: The prime-time event will be the first time in more than 30 years that NASCAR will run on Easter Sunday, which typically had been viewed as a taboo holiday for racing. He found himself on top for the fast majority of the final two stages, appearing close to landing yet another Cup Series W, his first of the season. The Daytona 500 is NASCARs marquee event each season, without question, and should award the most points. Brennan Poole says Chastain probably needs his butt whooped, MORE: Brennan Poole says Ross Chastain probably needs his butt whooped. Like a mummy at night fightin' with bright lightnin'. What can he do with it? I really wasnt using a lot of brake at all. More on Martin Truex Jr.s win plus a rundown of all the notable performances on Monday. A brief explanation of stage racing in NASCAR - Sportskeeda Green flag set to drop at 12:10 p.m. Austin Dillon is driving his backup No. The race will start at noon ET at the Monster Mile. Austin Dillon edges Kyle Busch to the finish both were running a lap down so Dillon gets the free pass for Stage 2. Bristol on dirt ? Obviously, we were pretty off there from when we unloaded, but we got quite a bit better, quite a bit closer, but we just needed to get the balance. ET (2:18 p.m. local time) Sunday. That's a big blow for Busch, who moves from the front to the rear in the blink of an eye. Yes I agree!!!! Kyle Busch starts on the pole Monday, and Joe Gibbs Racing driver Christopher Bell joins him on the first row. I cant believe I typed that. He takes Larson with him, whose right front is completely torn apart. 19 car gets separation. Ross Chastain has been dominant today even if he hasnt exactly been likable but Truex has hung tough along with him. Brad Keselowski's tire made a run for it pic.twitter.com/m0SBULmuUC. Lap 120: Stage 1 goes to William Byron! SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will carry the PRN broadcast. Lets do this again! Chastain, Bell and Hamlin also in the mix, rounding out the Top 5. 5. Give NASCAR credit for following through with its pledge to bring more road courses and short tracks to the Cup Series schedule. They have real races. That can be quite tricky in a big, heavy stock car on a twisty track like Sonoma, where passing opportunities are limited. It is preferred that the race end under green and the race can be extended to do so. Stock Car Scoop: How Huge is Dover Win for Martin Truex Jr, Joe Gibbs Racing? DROPS THE FLAG AN LET THEY RACE TO THE END GET RID OF ALL THE STAGE RACING 2:00 p.m.:Bell and Logano headed to pit road. NASCAR at Kansas results: Kyle Larson's third straight win leaves I mean, just a joke 80-something laps into a race? My friends and I dont bother to go racer venues, nor will we if something realistically changes. https://t.co/U9ZBW4SG2C pic.twitter.com/B1ON5ZFg6C. 12:50 p.m.:Byron and Hamlin are putting on a show as we approach the midpoint of Stage 1. 2023 www.delawareonline.com. Larson returned to the track after repairs. Brotherly love was on display at Dover this weekend, as Martin Truex Jr. joined younger brother Ryan in victory lane with his win in Monday's Wurth 400. He was followed by Hamlin, Blaney, Brad Keselowski and Chastain. Awesome job., Ross Chastain Finished 2nd: Whoever got in the lead was going to have a shot at it. NASCAR Race Lengths: 2023 (Stages) - Racing News The logic behind offering extra stage points for the Coca-Cola 600 has never made sense. Just let them race. The 31-year-old younger brother of former NASCAR champion Martin Truex Jr. dominated on the concrete mile track and swept all three stages, leading 124 of the 200 laps. Between pit road entrance speed and other insane rules, maybe I will start watching trees growuntil that has changes. He's on four new tires. Stage lengths for 2022 NASCAR season | NASCAR Denny Hamlin couldnt quite chase down the 24 car. May 6 2023. Busch making his way up the field, as well. I dont understand why they alienate their real fans for the sake of trying some poorly conceived strategy. Lap 255: After a productive row of caution pit stops, heres how the Top 10 will shake out to start the third and final stage: William Byron (edging out that 1 car by a hair), Ross Chastain, Ryan Blaney, Martin Truex Jr., Ty Gibbs, Bubba Wallace, Chris Buescher, Denny Hamlin, Tyler Reddick, Christopher Bell. Jacked us up there, but at the end of the day it was solid. Monday Cup race at Dover: Start time, TV info, weather Ross Chastain chased Truex over the closing miles but couldnt challenge for the lead. The Daytona 500 runs in three stages where drivers in the lead can earn points. Have you had it up to here? NASCAR race August 7: Start time, live stream, TV, lineup for Michigan The pace hasnt fallen off too much, but teams get a chance to look at the tire wear when they come down pit road now. See the spin below: Lap 27: On the restart, Noah Gragson knocks into the wall on Turn 2 and spins out. Nascar better fix this . Its unfortunate to be out of the race this early at a race track that we normally run very well at.. Kyle Larson ran well during the first stage, but his car was badly damaged on Lap 81 when Ross Chastain hit Brennan Poole, sending Poole into Larsons path. It felt like weve been close a bunch of times, and we gave some away, thats for sure, Truex told Fox Sports. You don't see that every day. Hamlin is getting a good. It seems to be something (Chatain) does a lot recently. On Friday, practices and qualifying on the track were canceled, as were a scheduled concert and movie night. I feel like weve had a little bit of a stronger start to the season, but not always had the results. Busch will start Stage 2 not on the lead lap. Fox doesnt do a very good job at showing all race positions. 1:30 p.m.:Byron takes Stage 1! That means the Coca-Cola 600 is the only event with extra points offered to a full field of competitors during the race itself. It was better racing when they did fly those flags. If you cant stay on the lead lap then you dont deserve to be on the lead lap. At the end of Stage 1 and 2, the top 10 drivers receive points first-place gets 10 points, second place gets nine, all the way down to a single point for 10th. Slow cars should be 25 laps down, because they are slow. NASCAR Official Home | Latest News, Schedule, & Results Truex, who won for the 32nd times in the Cup Series, held the lead despite the tire disadvantage. Ryan Truex, Martins younger brother, won Saturdays Xfinity Series race at Dover. Watch videos, and stay up-to-date with everything NASCAR. Ross Chastain finished third. Last year's race started on Sunday but did not finish until Monday after . (Hes being replaced by Josh Berry.). Proud of the effort. He's led 127 laps so far. Another racer worth looking out for? It was tight and it got loose. 5 car views Ross' antics post-race. We're about 10 minutes from the start of the race. The No. The woman who posted she wanted to go back to the 1920s was typical of the readers here. ET Monday to begin the 400-lap race on the 1-mile concrete oval. But, being on the front row gave us a shot to win. He spins into the wall after his tire blows. The Full Length Of A NASCAR Race. My car wasnt loose, and I didnt have a warning or anything. Its kind of been a struggle track for us, and Im proud of the gains we made., William Byron Finished 4th: The middle section I dont know, I need to maybe do a little better job on the feedback, and then just us communicating the adjustments there. But those are technically separate events that have not been considered official races of the Cup Series season for decades. Unlucky for the rookie. If I watch at all it is just for the last 10 laps or so. The Stage racing lost me. I couldnt load the rear tires, and we were just hanging on. 1:57 p.m.:Chastain gets around Blaney for P2. MONDAY MTJ. View stage lengths for every NASCAR Cup Series race in 2023 below. And if you are going to split a 600-mile event into four segments of 150 miles each, then what is the point of having an endurance race in the first place? Not great, from our vantage point. I was praying, please God, let me get to the end of this.". I dont know, I need to go back and look at it. Dover Cup Series race rained out, moved to Mon. Some lobbied for "heat racing," which you see on the short tracks of America on any Friday and/or Saturday night. I'm not here to save you. It was simple just look at their thoughts. NASCAR announced on Friday that the NASCAR Wrth 400 Cup Series race would move from 2 p.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday to try to avoid the rain. Things are getting ever so tight between Truex and Chastain. If the caution flag waves with one lap left, the distance of the race will be extended into overtime for the attempt of two consecutive green-flag laps to finish. NASCAR Race Results - Wurth 400 | NBCSports The Wurth 400 NASCAR Cup Series race will now . Stage racing is an addition in the value and the entertainment in the race held to promote the fun mainly within the game and the competition. I dont know. Busch, enjoying a successful first season with Richard Childress Racing, won last week's race at Talladega Superspeedway. Up to Speed: Cup Series Rookies Steal the Show at Talladega, Up to Speed: Patience Seals Martinsville Victory for Kyle Larson. With all the new constantly changing rules and ridiculous penalties its no wonder that drivers still want to compete and race. 12:38 p.m.: CAUTION! "It's been a long road. The problems with this type of split racing format have been so numerous and frustrating they have become a detriment to NASCAR at every type of track. Plus most 1.5s are glorified parades. It was a really smooth day for us, honestly. 2:26 p.m.:Chastain nabs Stage 2 at a cantor. This is the worst article FS has ever run which is saying a lot for the most backward-thinking Neanderthal site in any sport. "Most people didn't believe in me, and I still did," Truex said. Heres the Top 10 at the moment: William Byron, Denny Hamlin, Ryan Blaney, Ross Chastain, Martin Truex Jr., Brad Keselowski, Chris Buescher, Josh Berry, Kyle Larson and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Another note: Noah Gragson couldnt meet minimum speed after his wreck back on Lap 27 so hes been ordered to the garage. Thats strong. NASCAR stage racing has been around since 2017. It just kind of sucks to tear up a car when youre getting an opportunity to be here on Sunday. Four races - that is all that remains for winless NASCAR Cup Series drivers hoping to grab a berth . I just drove in side-by-side with No. Up to Speed: Will Ryan Truex Find Stability After Xfinity Win? Lets see racing as it was meant to be. The Daytona 500 runs in three stages where drivers in the lead can earn points. So what you consider to be a pro of stage racing, I consider to be a con. By offering points at the end of those stages. Likely a broken toe link too. Id say climate the guaranteed starting the race if not fast enough then go home. What time does the NASCAR race start today? ultimately TV will dictate something similar. We will keep focusing to get back where we need to be starting next week in Kansas., Joey Logano Finished 31st: There was fire, so something broke. Apr 30 2023. A native of Mayetta, New Jersey, Truex couldn't even get words out over the radio as he crossed the finish line. The first five laps on tires we would be so good, but then we would lose grip and get super-free. I just proved that.". William Byron still leading. Throw out the restricted plates while youre at it. Poole's wreck was one thing. Why are restriction plates needed. I do not like the yellow flag though. The next-closest driver is Ryan Blaney, who is 9.8 seconds behind the leader. Some aggressive movement today. Well take it, move on and learn from it, and take it to Kansas next week!, Austin Cindric Finished 20th: I definitely learned a lot today in the Menards/Great Stuff Ford Mustang. Copyright 2023 Sporting News Holdings Limited. The green flag for Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series playoff race on Kansas Speedway's 1.5-mile intermediate track is scheduled to drop at 3:18 p.m. 19 and has only one more scheduled Xfinity start this season. What's planned:Heading to the Monster Mile? Truex, who finished a season-worst 17th last Saturday at Talladega Superspeedway, shares the No. SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will carry the PRN broadcast. I was side-by-side with the No. It's a work in progress, though. 3, rolled out of the gas and just got ran over. Its really a form of welfare. NASCAR IS NOT A BALL SPORT. It may be a longer race than the Daytona 500, but longer doesnt automatically mean better or carry additional weight. Next up? The Wurth 400 NASCAR Cup Series race will now be held Monday. Daniel Suarez lost control on Lap 36 and slapped the outside wall. The car had a beautiful paint scheme which was a tribute to Pitbulls new album entitled Trackhouse but it unfortunately wont get much TV time. Watch this space. Now the new session race is schedules for 36 races in it from the 2020 after the Daytona 500 again arrives in. 3:17 p.m.:Ooh! I got really loose during one of the early runs and went a lap down and just got trapped there. He swept both stage wins and ultimately took the checkered flag by . Although there is a lot the same or at . Lap 390: Martin Truex Jr. took two tires on that pit stop. It is what it is. After the race, Chastain said on FS1: I first have to say Im so sorry to Brennan and everybody at Rick Ware Racing. 12:02 p.m.:Engines are started! Weve led laps. Solid top-10 day drove back through. Many on social media are speculating (hoping?) As soon as he ran into me, I just kind of got shoved into the corner, like way too deep, and then I was just immediately turned around. ET. We're good for green here. But we have speed, and we were able to work steadily today and be solid. What an eventful Stage 1. NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover rained out, moved to Monday He also earned two Top 10 distinctions in the APSE Beat Writing and Short Feature categories in 2021. The race was Pooles first Cup start of the season. And the wily veteran made no mistakes, outlasting Chastain, who rocked four new tires after a late caution. Trouble for Noah Gragson at Dover. We fired off so well and had a ton of speed. Fly those Confederate flags, all you rednecks! Next: The Cup Series moves on to Kansas Speedway for a May 7 race at 3 p.m. Ross Chastain took four tires and will start fourth. Daniel Surez is done for the day. NASCAR schedule questions: Is stadium racing new trend? - NBC Sports Considering all of its drawbacks, stage racing is more trouble than its worth. If worst comes to worst and the race has to stop, the driver in the lead after at least 100 laps or the end of Stage 2, whichever comes first, will be declared the winner. They never even get on tv. Ross Chastain got into Brennan Poole and it collected Kyle Larson. Still a long way to go, but that 1 car is fast. A rainy weekend at Dover Motor Speedway led to several cancellations and postponements. Joey Logano is done for the day in Dover. This story was originally published May 1, 2023, 11:13 AM. All rights reserved. 1 Jockey Chevy team and everybody at Trackhouse Racing, Advent Health, Moose Fraternity, Worldwide Express. Joey Logano spins out on his own! Ross Chastain moved into challenging position in the closing miles but couldnt pass Truex. However, the 2021 season brought a dirt race to Bristol Motor Speedway and a visit to Circuit of the Americas (COTA). As a corporate 50 firm we had considered NASCAR. 12:16 p.m.:Joey Logano already flying down the track. DOVER, Del. During a typical race, drivers who perform well during the first and second stages can rack up a lot of points, perhaps too many compared to what is earned by their finishing position. This was a really good day. Lap 352: With 15 to go, Denny Hamlin in second is stalking Erik Jones. Daytona International Speedway is 2.5 miles, making 200 laps around the iconic track 500 miles. 3:06 p.m:Stage 3 sees pit road open up after a hectic period of laps. They are the proverbial beating a dead horse mentality Bye NASCAR. Lap 21: Competition caution. Looks like he's trying to secure a good spot before that competition caution. I want cars/teams to get the finish they deserve. - Larson on his radio.pic.twitter.com/B8GDqwL0Bt. Larson returned to the track many laps down after repairs. Martin Truex Jr. snapped a 54-race winless streak, scoring the victory Monday at Dover Motor Speedway. While there are usually three stages in each NASCAR race, the exception to the rule is the Coca-Cola 600, which is given a fourth stage due to the longer distance. He's got a near 1.5-second edge over Byron in P2. That philosophy has . As an additional bonus, and to add potential fireworks to the top of the field, the winner of each stage earns a point he takes with him to the playoffs, assuming he makes the postseason roster. Stage points are available at the end of stages 1 and 2 for the top 10 drivers. He has penned Up to Speed for the past six years. Hes done for the day. Two laps to go but the tire difference will be telling. A dangerous one. He is not necessarily out of the race. Dr. Diandra: Fact-checking Kyle Buschs statement about late-season rank changes, Kyle Busch: Team communication working well at RCR, Friday 5: Changes lead Cup drivers to moonlight in other forms of racing, Dale Earnhardt Jr. latest added to NASCARs list of 75 Greatest Drivers, Dr. Diandra: Dont dismiss Trackhouse Racing or anyone else after only 10 races, Alex Bowman fractures vertebra in sprint car crash; out 3-4 weeks, NASCAR Power Rankings: Kyle Busch moves into top spot, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), What drivers said at Dover Motor Speedway, Brennan Poole: Ross Chastain probably needs his butt whooped, Im not exactly sure, but I feel like I just got ran over. So? Tap for race details, viewing information and more! Lap 26: Track position is everything at Dover, and Kyle Busch has squandered it. Yes, its not a sport for everyone and trying to make it so is really trashing it. START: Actor, director, author and podcaster Kevin Smith will give the command to start engines at 12:01 p.m. The green flag is scheduled to wave at 12:10 p.m. PRERACE: Cup garage opens at 9 a.m. Driver introductions at 11:30 a.m. Dan Schafer, pastor of Calvary Assembly of God in Heightstown, New Jersey, will give the Invocation at 11:53 p.m. JAGMAC will perform the national anthem at 11:54 p.m. Ryan Truex, Martins younger brother, won Saturdays Xfinity Series race at Dover. Im really proud of our group. I dont watch anymore and used to love it. From the time this race began in 1950, the Southern 500 was billed as one of NASCAR's most brutal tests of man and machine, with Darlington being tough and unforgiving on driver and equipment alike. Weve showed it. So, I think it was the No. Date: Monday, May 1 Time: Noon ET The listed start time for the Wurth 400 is noon ET, but pre-race festivities are expected to push the waving of. After wrecking in last week's race, he is making quick work of things in the race's early moments. Pole-sitter Kyle Busch is scheduled to lead the field to the green flag at 12:10 p.m. STAGES: Stage 1 ends at Lap 120. He'll be joined in the booth by Clint Bowyer and NASCAR Hall of Famer Rusty Wallace. A caution period splits each stage, and points are handed out to the drivers who finish in the top 10 of the first two stages. Zietlows work has been honored by the N.C. and S.C. Press Associations, as well as the APSE, which awarded him with a Top 10 finish in the APSE Long Feature category in its 2022 writing contest. We were so slow and the car wouldnt turn. This can be due to various delays in the racing, or it could be that it takes this amount of time for the actual race to be completed. Look at pit guns,if Joe Gibbs came to us and said give me $750 k and I can gain 2 places a lap in the pits we would have given him $1M and said give us 3 places. Just looking for a little more, and I felt like we were pretty close. They all look the same to me! Chastain leads the season standings after 11 races with 370 points. Back to racing and quit changing the format if it is a 500 mile then race 500 miles and let the best team and driver win. They lost me with the stage races. 1:09 p.m.:Larson is Dover's greatest ever driver in terms of average finish. The point of. 12:13 p.m.:And we're green at Dover! Christopher Bell placed sixth and was followed by Tyler Reddick, Brad Keselowski, Chris Buescher and Josh Berry, driving the No. William Byron had one of the days fastest cars in the first two stages and led a race-high 193 laps. The Top 10 running right now: Chastain, Truex, Ryan Blaney, Ty Gibbs, Christopher Bell, Denny Hamlin, William Byron, Tyler Reddick, Brad Keselowski and Chris Buescher. That was when you could tell what kind of car it is without having to read it on the bumper. 'I belong here': Ryan Truex wins first NASCAR race - ESPN I think if we had taken four, we would have lined up fourth. NASCAR at Michigan 2022: Start time, TV, streaming, lineup for Sunday's FireKeepers Casino 400. NASCAR, I am just not interested anymore. Daytona 500 has three stages: What are stages in NASCAR? 'I belong here': R. Truex wins first NASCAR race, Marini is stepping out of the shadow of GOAT brother Rossi, Harvick was once NASCAR's punk kid. Lap 170: Checking in. Then it started restrickter place racing, and its gone down hill from there. There are other sports whom gladly with accept it and whom are willing to accept changing demographics. Go figure. He's already in the Top 10. So, I think it was the No. This is the second straight year Dover's only Cup race was postponed because of rain and third time since 2019.