He was born in 1991 in South Shields and studied performing arts at Newcastle College. Since winning the show, the South Shields lad, who was mentored by fellow Geordie Cheryl, has released five albums, also won Popstar to Operastar and The Jump, starred in musicals Tommy, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Club Tropicana, toured the UK relentlessly and starred in panto too. Why not pop along to a date near you and see if you can convince him to tackle any further Beyonc hits? ", * Joe is starring as The Spirit of the Mirror in panto Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Birmingham Hippodrome this year, * His The Impossible Dream tour kicks off on November 3 and his new album is due for release next year, Do you have a story to sell? Bookmark. [3] He was the first X Factor contestant to release a fourth album. Discover Joe McElderry's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. [75], McElderry received very positive reviews for his performances as Joseph. Sign up for a Mirror newsletter h er e . Britain's rock solid support for the Royal Family: With Charles' Coronation just four days way, a major poll LORD ASHCROFT: The monarchy has to change, but the King has time and goodwill on his side. A lot of celebrities do not know what to do with their money anymore in 2022. News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. [citation needed], In 2014, McElderry performed a fifty-date tour throughout the UK called the Set Your Soul Alive tour. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. [62] After the first two shows, the later dates, including the ones on which McElderry was set to perform, were postponed and eventually cancelled. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. In addition to his successful music . He was also crowned the winner of the second series of Popstar to Operastar in 2011 and the first series of The Jump in 2014. WHAT. Subsequently, he joined Newcastle College to study performing arts. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. Joe McElderry would definitely love to read your tips in the comments below. [65] He played Tommy in The Who's Tommy at the Prince Edward Theatre for a one-off appearance on 12 November[66] He also appeared in Thriller Live alongside Stooshe and Macy Gray. It was released in aid of London's Great Ormond Street Hospital. 185.140.108.59 ", "Rage Against the Machine beat X Factor winner in charts", "Joe McElderry lands Xmas No.1 in Ireland", "Joe McElderry tops the Christmas chartsin Ireland", "X Factor's Joe McElderry is first New Year number one", "X Factor winner Joe McElderry climbs to top of chart", Joe McElderry confirms album release date, "2010-11-13 Top 40 Official Albums Chart UK Archive", "2010-11-20 Top 40 Official Albums Chart UK Archive", Official Album Chart analysis: Olly Murs becomes 10th X Factor No. His first single "The Climb" reached number one on both the UK Singles Chart and the Irish Singles Charts. This was his pantomime debut, and he starred alongside Shane Richie Jr. for a 38 performance run. These Are The 15 Hottest Wives And Girlfriends Of Hollywood! The 30-year-old has embraced an edgier look from his days . [11] Mentored by Cheryl Cole, he made it through to the live finals and was announced the winner on 13 December 2009,[1][12] beating runner up Olly Murs with his version of "The Climb". This cool mysterious talented musician originating from South Shields, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom has a athletic body & oval face type. That same year, Joe would battle more strife as he and his mother became the victim of a terrifying stalker ordeal. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. we take a deep dive into what happened after they shot the wizard film franchise Email webfeatures@trinitymirror.com, Celeb obsessed? The perpetuator was found guilty after Joe and members of his family gave evidence during the harassment trial. There's no hard feelings there there never has been and never will be. I thought he had the most beautiful voice and movie star good looks, like a young Montgomery Clift Joe set his sights on reality TV, starring on a string of shows including Popstar To Operastar, which he won, and The Jump. GUY. It was just so sweet. On 16-6-1991 Joe McElderry (nickname: Joe) was born in South Shields, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom. In November 2012, he became a columnist for Gay Times (GT), writing about his music and other recent projects. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. ', The star performing in the X Factor live show in December 2009, Joe McElderry, seen here before a show last month, is still performing, Joe McElderry unrecognisable on Stephs Packed Lunch 12yrs after winning The X Factor, Inside colourful life of MasterChef Australia host Jock Zonfrillo - from battles with heroin to losing virginity at 12, I lost two stone thanks to weight loss jab - celebs that take it for vanity need help, says I'm A Celeb's Shaun Ryder, EastEnders legend teases return to BBC soap just months after explosive exit, Two campmates are faking it in Im A Celeb, hints Shaun Ryder after eviction, Amanda Holden slams Britain's Got Talent 'fix' claims after fury over meeting her golden buzzer act before the audition, Iconic BBC kids show is being rebooted nearly 30 years after last episode, Olly Murs breaks down in tears on stage as he reveals regret over Caroline Flack, Strictly star's unborn baby is being trolled by sickos online, Towies Dan Edgar and Amber Turner spark split fears again as he unfollows her and she holidays without him, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). He said: "I look and sound like a completely different person, it's actually frightening, I was a child [on X Factor]. Lockdown look: Joe McElderry has shocked fans with his new curly-haired look in quarantine as he announced plans to host a charity birthday party on Tuesday. In fact, many of them lately like to show off, 40/ 40Cardi Bs dream mansion in Atlanta rap-up.com After two years of house hunting Cardi B, 55/ 55Sean Penn $70,000,000 via bz-berlin.de Sean is a dinosaur in Hollywood, but he manages. For other inquiries, Contact Us. [citation needed], McElderry and seven other finalists, Olly Murs, Stacey Solomon, Danyl Johnson, Lloyd Daniels, John & Edward, Jamie Archer and Lucie Jones, appeared in the X Factor Live tour, which began on 15 February 2010 at the Echo Arena Liverpool and concluded on 4 April at the SECC. "I'm feeling good about it, it's liberating. The trainee hairdresser and model, won tickets for . [77] Mark Shenton wrote in The Stage that McElderry "may just be the best sung Joseph there's ever been, bringing a vocal flair to Joseph that's utterly ravishing". By Aning G. March 17, 2023. Moment commuter blasts eco-zealots, Unseen footage of Meghan Markle during her teenage years, Russian freight train derails and bursts into flames after explosion, Royal superfans camping on The Mall ahead of King's Coronation, Historic chairs to be reused by the King for the coronation service, Women's rights activists and pro-trans campaigners separated, Saboteurs wreck Russian train cut power cables 37mi from Ukraine, Braverman: People crossing Channel are 'at odds with British values', Cambridge students party in the park during annual celebrations, Devastating tornado picks up car and hurls it through air in Florida, Student kicked out of school for 'there are only two genders' t-shirt, Hundreds of Household Division members rehearse for coronation. (LogOut/ His debut single, The Climb, reached number one in the charts, and his future looked promising. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. In March 2013, McElderry signed to London-based Touchstone Media Group/Celeb Agents as his new management. After the show it was revealed that, in all of the episodes in which he competed, McElderry received more votes than all of the other contestants combined, never receiving less than 58.2% of the total public votes. Joe McElderry Tickets, Tour Dates & Concerts 2024 & 2023 - Songkick "The Climb" was nominated in the British Single category at the 2010 BRIT Awards but lost out to fellow X Factor contestants JLS. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Joe McElderry. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. [43][46][47], Also in 2011, McElderry terminated his relationship with Modest! [68], In January 2014, while on a skiing holiday, McElderry entered Channel 4 series hosted by Davina McCall, The Jump, as a last minute replacement to Henry Conway who was injured on the show. The singer, now 30, popped up on Steph's Packed Lunch to talk about his forthcoming tour, where he will perform George Michael numbers. Joe McElderry unrecognisable on Steph's Packed Lunch 12yrs after [15] The single reached number one in the UK Singles Chart. [24][25] The single had the fifth highest sales of all UK singles released in 2009 staying one week at No. The comments below have been moderated in advance. Joe McElderry was born on the 16th of June, 1991. Joe McElderry's X Factor Journey: From Audition to Final - YouTube [7] The couple separated when McElderry was a child. Joe McElderry: Joe has a very special video announcement for you! You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Advertisement. Joe McElderry has revealed that he suffered a wardrobe malfunction whilst filming a video in an Asda store recently, with him splitting his jeans open in the supermarket.. [81] McElderry promoted the album with a "Saturday Night at the Movies" national tour throughout July and August 2017, featuring Lloyd Daniels from the sixth series of The X Factor and Keith Jack and Ben James-Ellis from Any Dream Will Do. "[44] He told Capital FM on 19 August 2011 that he was "forever thankful" to Syco and Simon Cowell for the opportunity they gave him. This was his third time performing before Queen Elizabeth II. Joe McElderry Interview - BBC Breakfast - 08/02/2021 - YouTube Joe McElderry is the sixth X Factor winner. Joe McElderry - News, views, gossip, pictures, video - The Mirror Here's what happened when we tried to make Joe McElderry sing 'Halo' in "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Little Mix stun as they head to post-gig party at Jade Thirlwall's new cocktail bar, Joe McElderry shows off super buff physique in series of sun-kissed beach photos - and gets a work out in, Host of celebrities step out in their best frocks at fashion's biggest night of the year as the Met Gala 2023 red carpet is officially declared open, First look at King Charles 'priceless' golden Coronation robes with sweet tribute behind them, Olympic hero Sir Steve Redgrave's harrowing health battle as he breaks silence on diagnosis, Six heartbreaking signs that someone you love is months - or even days - away from dying, Young Leeds fan's father breaks silence after vid of players ignoring his son, 'MINI ME': Princess Charlotte is spitting image of her mum Kate in adorable new birthday picture taken by the Princess of Wales, Woman stabbed to death in broad daylight attack in London, Sky Sports presenter is surprise No.1 choice to replace Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday, Lawsuit demands release of Prince Harry's US visa records after drug admissions, Tragic dad crushed in indoor cave 'read poem by daughter' as he lay on death bed, Strictly's Kevin Clifton shares hidden battle as he celebrates 'wonderful five years', Paris Hilton's debut Met Gala entrance BLOCKED by climate change protestors, Subscribe to Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror newspapers. "I said 10 years ago that I hope I'm still doing it 10 years later, so maybe I should say that again. [59] He introduced The Nutcracker at The O2 Arena from 27 December 2011 to 30 December 2011 by singing 3 songs of Classic Christmas, "Adeste Fideles", "Silent Night" and a solo version of "O Holy Night". 'He's been dead for 130 years and can still satisfy the ladies': Social media goes wild over mystery woman Cancelled? [citation needed], On 8 February 2013, McElderry was awarded a Variety Silver Heart award. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. In 2015, McElderry played the lead role of Joseph in the touring production of the Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. "I understand that I'm on the public platform and I appreciate the support I get, but I don't think I should be made to feel unsafe in my own home.". The following day, Eileen saw the man in a local supermarket and called the police, it was reported. 1, and was the top-selling Irish single of 2009, where it remained at the top spot for four consecutive weeks. Joe McElderry looks very different now as he poses for smouldering [16] On 18 December 2009, it was announced that McElderry secured the top spot in the Irish Singles Chart for 1117 December 2009.[17]. Joe McElderry is a British singer and actor who rose to fame after winning the sixth series of the popular TV singing competition, The X Factor, in 2009. Performing more light exercise such as gardening and walking could reduce the risk of breast cancer by up to IAN BIRRELL: Why are we kowtowing to a sinister dictatorship in China that still covers up the origins of Career coach reveals the best way to explain why you left a job after a short period of time - and you only 'I saw him die': Sister of father 'crushed to death' in indoor cave says she is 'traumatised' by the tragedy THIRD foreign rapist remains in Britain despite orders for him to be sent back to Jamaica in 2020 - after Could a hormone spray reignite your love life? The 'Freedom' tour - named after the classic Wham! The individual was found guilty, fined 1,000 and received a 5-year restraining order. Joseph McElderry (/ m k l d r i /; born 16 June 1991) is an English singer and songwriter.He won the sixth series of the ITV show The X Factor in 2009. Seeing double! He explained: "I was asked to be a part of it and we had a conversation and I was flattered that they asked me to be part of it, but you know I'm heading out on this tour next week. What happened to Joe McElderry? Where is Joe McElderry now? In February 2014, McElderry was announced as the winner after jumping 17.5 metres off the K40 ski jump. Joe - who won the sixth series of the show in 2010 and was dropped by Simon's label Syco . Joe McElderry - Age, Bio, Personal Life, Family & Stats - CelebsAges After being mentored by Cheryl Cole during the X Factor, McElderry's debut single "The Climb" topped the UK and Irish charts in December 2009. Now! This was the first time since 2004 that the X Factor winning single was denied the top spot for Christmas in the UK Singles Charts. He didn't like the fuss.'. Joe McElderry was born June 16, 1991 in South Shields, Tyne & Wear and is an English singer and songwriter. McElderry performed "Don't Stop Believin'" and presented an award at the 15th National Television Awards in London on 20 January 2010. Little Mix. The band's single, Killing In The Name, sold 500,000 downloads beating X Factor winner Joe McElderry's The Climb by 50,000 copies to clinch the top spot. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban can't take their eyes off each other at the Met Gala as Irina Shayk wows in silky white gown with dazzling choker necklace as she attends the 2023 Met Gala. [26], In 2010, McElderry recorded his debut album, Wide Awake, which was released on 25 October 2010. We . The fresh-faced teen managed to see off Olly Murs to snatch the crown in the show's high-flying heyday - and he is still performing today. [citation needed] The album was certified gold, within 10 days after the release. [60], McElderry made an appearance on BBC TV series The Magicians in January 2012 and Newsround in February 2012, answering questions about what he was like at the age of 10. [42] McElderry has also stated that his split with Syco was amicable, and there was no "fight" between them. Former X Factor winner Joe McElderry has revealed he is no longer in touch with former boss Simon Cowell. Now I can just get on with my life.". The singer-songwriter . Streaming Forward, Powered By The Past if you love the 80s music, new music, Eurovision, cheesy pop and awesome playlists then let's get this pop party started! [71][bettersourceneeded], In September 2015, McElderry again played the lead role in the rock musical The Who's Tommy, this time in a two-week run at the Opera House Theatre in Blackpool. [41] At the meeting, he expressed his unhappiness with the company, and told staff members that his relationship with Syco was not working for him. Simon Cowell stated that he was "gutted for Joe because a number one single meant a lot to him. Joe McElderry's New Haircut 2023 (Pictures) - 67 percent support it [52] His album, Classic, was released on 22 August 2011. The Geordie singer took to Instagram this morning to share a cute snap of himself as a child as he marked turning 30 on social media. If you enjoy what you read on this site you can donate to show your support! 2022. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. "After that I went and locked the door. Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group. Here's What I Believe is the fourth studio album released by English singer, Joe McElderry. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. [14] The finalists premiered the song live on the edition of 15 November of the programme; the single was available for digital download that day and a physical release followed the day after. One said they loved his 'lockdown curls' while another said 'you've got your Joseph curls back!'. The stalker bombarded Joe with tweets, sat on the front row at one of his shows and harassed his mum Eileen and was handed a five-year restraining order. He was just a fresh faced 18-year-old when he won X Factor in 2009, beating Olly Murs to . . He said it was actually his decision for the label to drop him, telling the Shields Gazette he called a meeting where he expressed unhappiness, but insisted there was no dispute. Joe's London Bridge date for Queen's Diamond Jubilee, McElderry to star in Dirty Dancing gala performance, Joe McElderry to appear in The Who musical Tommy, "Dinner With Joe Mcelderry New Date! The Met Gala's heavenly bodies! Oh no they didn't! "There's no hard feelings there - there never has been and never will be.". His first single "The Climb" reached number one on both the UK Singles Chart and the Irish Singles Charts.He was also the winner of the second series of Popstar to Operastar in 2011 and the first series of The Jump in 2014. Classic debuted on the official UK top 40 albums chart at number 2 on the chart that was released on 28 August 2011. [82][bettersourceneeded], McElderry took part in the Great North Run half marathon 13.1 mile race on 19 September 2010 raising money for Teenage Cancer Trust,[83][bettersourceneeded] a charity for which he is also an ambassador. Joe McElderry is a well accomplished and renowned singer and songwriter who gained prominence by winning the 6th season of the ITV show The X Factor in 2009.Joe has worked with famous personalities including Marcella Detroit and Ludovico Eunialdi and is the first X Factor contestant to release 4 albums until 2018. His coaches were Rolando Villazn and Katherine Jenkins. [51] On 24 July 2011, he headlined a free homecoming gig at Bents Park as part of South Tyneside Summer Festival 2011, singing a set list of 20 songs, with over 20,000 people in the audience- the biggest turnout the event has ever had. Joe unfortunately died. [13] McElderry's prize, as winner, was a recording contract with Simon Cowell's Syco record label, whose parent company is Sony Music Entertainment. His single "Wonderful Dream (Holidays are Coming)" featured in the show. He went on to appear in a string of reality shows including Popstar To Operastar, The Jump and in 2014 kicked off a 50-date UK tour. Change). "I was feeling quite shaken and confused, and a bit creeped out," said Joe, according to the Evening Standard. Joe McElderry. He won the sixth series of the ITV show The X Factor in 2009. [58] On 8 December, he performed at Durham Cathedral to an audience of 1,500, singing, "In the Bleak Midwinter" and David Essex's "A Winter's Tale", with a new verse written by Tim Rice. X Factor finalists forced to turn to small town Christmas PANTOMIMES. The North East has had its fair share of X Factor contestants but what have they done since appearing on the now axed show? Find information on all of Joe McElderry's upcoming concerts, tour dates and ticket information for 2023-2024. The label was later revealed to be Decca Records. [56], McElderry released a Christmas album entitled Classic Christmas on 28 November 2011. [67] An event, 'A Tribute to Joe McElderry' was held to celebrate his career so far and where he was presented the award. JOE McElderry won The X Factor - and hearts all over Britain - when he was just 18, but he looked very different in a TV appearance today. "I wanted to do a face to face celebration and it didn't feel right for me, I didn't have a good instinct about it because I didn't want to go back a second time and not enjoy it as much as the first time.". "My mum rang and said the stalker is back and he's in Asda," said Joe. Joe McElderry Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Family Bookmark. The contract had a stated value of 1million, of which 150,000 was a cash advance and the remainder allocated to recording and marketing costs. Caught Smoking: These Are The 60 Most Shocking Celebrity Smokers, These 50 Celebrity Tattoos Went Horribly Wrong. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Results are considered accurate to within 2.2 percentage points, 19 times out of 20. Transformation: The reality star catapulted to fame after winning the sixth series of the X Factor in 2009, Birthday plans: The Climb singer is hosting a charity birthday party to raise funds for a local theatre in South Shields. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. "My mum sounded very alarmed and distressed and told me to lock the doors.". The judge fined the man 1,000 and ordered him to pay 915 in costs, also handing him a five-year restraining order preventing him from contacting Joe or his mother. Stellar year: Joe won the X Factor aged just 18, beating Olly Murs and Stacey Solomon. I even changed from the beginning to the final because I was a teenager growing up. [87] In 2012, he performed at the Sunday for Sammy benefit concert. Joe McElderry - 2023 Regular brown hair & alternative hair style. Looking back, he told us: "It feels like a lifetime ago but at the same time I've crammed so many things into that time, and so many different things. On 17 November, he released the single "Wonderful Dream (Holidays are Coming)". A. Joe McElderry is not due to play near your location currently - but they are scheduled to play 1 concert across 1 country in 2023-2024. Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team? Joe McElderry unveils his quarantine transformation Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. Unfortunately I have had to remove the song clip f. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. The court heard how he turned up at Joe's house on more than one occasion and sent him abusive tweets. The former X Factor winner says he's going out on the road in 2022 and paying homage to the "absolute legend" that is George Michael. It was released on 10 September 2012 under Decca Records. [citation needed] On 3 June 2012, he performed at the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant, he sang for guests on board a Dunkirk ship, The Viscount. The 30-year-old became a stage star in The Who's musical Tommy, as well as playing the titular role in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat from 2016-2017. He added: "At the minute it's tied in a lovely little bow, it was a great experience and I can look back on it with fond memories. The star often posts selfies from backstage at his performances, showing fans the outfits he's going to be wearing that night.