Because it is relatively new, only a few doctors in the country specialize in the DIEP breast reconstruction procedure. He shared last January that the cancer returned after entering remission just a few months prior. If you need help with the Public File, call 210-351-1241. Taylor Rooks is an American sports journalist and broadcaster. Despite the fact that Leslie has a furious timetable, she never neglects to set aside a few minutes for her family. Candice.Garcia@express-news.net | Twitter @_candicegarcia, San Antonio anchor Leslie Mouton parts ways with KSAT 12 after more than two decades, WATCH: British YouTubers try Buc-ee's snacks on Texas road trip, Riders get thrills and scenic views on first Texas alpine coaster, Boozy Hill Country golf course tees off in New Braunfels, What to know about the invasive hammerhead flatworms in Texas, Cardi B speaks out on viral 'mean girls' TikTok at Astros game. After a series of meds, she was at last relieved. "I want to thank those of you who have supported me with your viewership these past 11 years, and for the incredible love and kindness you have shown me. In 2021, the free weekly alternative newspaper, San Antonio Current, chose her as the 'Best News Anchor' in San Antonio. On the Nightbeat, Mouton takes viewers once again to the hospital for a one-year checkup to make sure she is cancer-free. We decided he would make sure the vessels are viable before Dr. Rosenthal removes my breast tissue - just in case. Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved. (Courtesy), KABB-TV morning anchor Jessica Headley ready for the cameras. Leslie Mouton at KSAT 12 Working there for a long time, Leslie served KENS 5 channel as a newscaster over two years. She is currently based in San Antonio, Texas. She joined the KSAT team in June 2010, a few months after she had turned 30. Very bad move KSAT. Who is Monica Kaufman? SAN ANTONIO Have you cut your kids hair, your spouses or maybe even your own hair during COVID-19? The KSAT morning and noon anchor in casual, clean-faced mode. Also, Read>>Sports Reporter Jaime Maggio; is she Dating or already? In a social media post, KSAT's Leslie Mouton on Thursday announced an abrupt departure from the San Antonio TV. KSAT's Leslie Mouton, camera ready, in full makeup. According to a member of staff, management hadn't yet discussed Romero's departure with fellow employees. DIY gel nails | SA Live | KSAT 12Published: April 15, 2020, 10:32 amOur producer, Nicole Mattox, and her mother, Leslie Mouton, banned together to try to do their own gel nails. FOX-29/WOAI traffic anchor Zora Asberry departed ways with the station in August. 'Hi, my name is Mad Dog and Im your pilot!' Nicole. Isis Romero and Dillon Collier sit down with Leslie Mouton and Mark Austin to talk about the debut of the KSAT.com documentary, Convicted: The Bingo King Murder. Also, Leslie and Tony are blessed with a beautiful daughter, Nicole Danielle Mattox. Leslie received a Bachelor's degree degree from University of Southwestern Louisiana. Know In Detail About Her Married Life And Children; Once Diagnosed With Breast Cancer, Married life of anchor Robin Meade and her Husband. She is a graduate of a degree in Communications from the University of Louisiana. It is a journey and a bond that Robin and Leslie share. Quotation[7] = "'FTVLive Delivers some of the TV World's Biggest Scoops' - Tonawanda News "; "Okay so what the f*** did Isis Romero do though. // Do not change anything below this line To bring awareness to the disease and offer encouragement and support to other women suffering from it, Mouton anchored a newscast without her wig on in order to reveal the hair loss that had resulted from the treatment process. Thank you all for supporting me throughout the years, I love you! Leslie began working as a news anchor for KSAT in June 1999. Symptoms and Treatment ofTriple Negative Breast Cancer. If you need help with the Public File, call 210-351-1241. KSAT anchor Ursula Pari: Polished and ready for her TV closeup. It turns out about nine months later I would end up marrying Mad Dog aka Tony Mattox. It appears that KSAT (San Antonio) Anchor Isis Romero has been told her services are no longer needed. (KSAT photo). Leslie was the Board Member at Youth Center of Texas and also held positions at Ksat, CBS DFW, Kens 5, Nexstar Media Group, KLST News, Kalb. KSATs Myra Arthur gives birth to healthy baby boy. Boyfriend, Age, Working there for three years, Leslie served KENS 5 channel as a news anchor for more than two years. Leslie is best known for being an active contributor for KSAT 12 TVfor the past 19 years. Don't Miss: Married life of anchor Robin Meade and her Husband. Approximately 1 in every 100 breast cancer cases involve a man. 'No you arent,' I replied. They usually don't know that they could have breast cancer," said Dr. Virginia Kaklamani, professor of medicine at UT Health San Antonio. Louie was also a fill-in traffic anchor plus a correspondent and co-host for "Great Day SA.". "Leslie where did you godid I miss your announcement that your leaving KSAT. Reporters Debrief: Conviction: The Bingo King MurderPublished: June 5, 2020, 8:58 amIsis Romero and Dillon Collier sit down with Leslie Mouton and Mark Austin to talk about the debut of the KSAT.com documentary, Convicted: The Bingo King Murder. I trust you, if it doesn't look right don't do it, and you can make me a new one later". After 13 years at KENS 5, meteorologist has said goodbye to the weather seat in July. Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved. Quotation [15] = " 'FTVLive Reported the Story First'- NY Times" We want to see your haircut pictures in our community gallery! The veteran morning anchor's photo and bio has also been removed from the station's web page. On May 13, 2018, Leslie Mouton was photographed with her daughter Nicole (Photo: Nicole Mattox's Instagram). Sign up with your email address to receive our newsletter. From her incredible married journey, it is transparent that Leslie is enjoying every moment of her life as an ideal mother and a loyal wife. "Im afraid all we have is Leslies Facebook post. The Lafayette, La. if(window.ImageLoader) window.ImageLoader.bootstrap({}, document);Squarespace.afterBodyLoad(Y). The spots shrunk, which was a good indication that this time, they were the result of surgery and not cancer. Marvin Hurst's fellow KENS 5 journalists are celebrating his latest health update. No matter how many years she has contributed to the media, Leslie is always seen with a bright smile on her face with a positive attitude. I wish you the best. She was always a professional and her love of our city was always on display. Univision San Antonio's weather anchor Prissila Sanchez decided to leave the TV business in April to spend time with her family and start a new career in social media. - Greta Van Susteren" Working there for a long time, Leslie served KENS 5 channel as a newscaster over two years. Her departure from the station is an emotional one. In fact, the duo hasnt once sparked the rumors of misunderstanding and irreconcilable differences ever since their private nuptials back in the days. After brief stints at two stations in East Texas, Mark came to San Antonio as a freelance reporter in late 1998. "I care so deeply about our viewers and our community and though my role with KSAT has ended, my love for you, the people of San Antonio, has not stopped," she said on Facebook. "This is a cornerstone of our culture and will continue to be so.". "Leslie, I am battling breast cancer too. She even anchored a newscast bald to raise awareness about the importance of self-exams and early detection. In a Facebook post, Romero revealed she had been let go from the network. Leslie, as previously stated, has a lovely family. Between 4:30 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. in Texas, she was the co-anchor of Good Morning San Antonio. From her unbelievable wedded adventure, it is straightforward that Leslie is getting a charge out of each aspect of her life as a perfect mother and a faithful spouse. Her story is included in the book The Breast Cancer Book of Strength and Courage which features individual chapters written by survivors. Those are signs that help us figure out that he may be at risk of breast cancer," Kaklamani said. // To add more quotations, continue with the RELATED: San Antonio anchor Leslie Mouton parts ways with KSAT 12 after more than two decadesThat success has led to the creation of other cutting-edge outdoor recreation places: Morgans Inspiration Island splash park, Morgans Wonderland Sports complex and Morgans Wonderland Camp. introducing citations to additional sources, "Leslie Mouton - News Team Story - KSAT San Antonio", "Retired TV anchor Leslie Mouton announces major career move", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Leslie_Mouton&oldid=1105958137, Articles needing additional references from November 2007, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 22 August 2022, at 15:12. Why was she let go/fired? Even though Leslie has a hectic schedule, she never fails to make time for her family. Sports Reporter Jaime Maggio; is she Dating or already? She was born in 1965. I enjoyed anchoring San Antonio's #1 newscast for the past decade, and I especially took pride in representing my culture and community as the city's most tenured Latina news anchor currently on English-language TV.". window._taboola = window._taboola || []; Mouton is married to Tony Mattox, a retired Major in the United States Air Force. Mouton has an estimated net worth of $200 k accumulating from her career as a journalist. ", MORE SAN ANTONIO TV NEWS: San Antonio anchor featured on rapper Future's song. "What even is KSAT without Isis Romero?!?" channel. Now I look forward to sharing another important message, one of inclusion with the MWIF, Mouton said. By continuing with us, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. Well, back in 1983, Leslie found a lump in her left breast, which later was diagnosed to be breast cancer. GMSA @9 anchors Mark Austin and Leslie Mouton practice social distancing during their Monday's newscast. Leslie wants viewers to know that she is not self-quarantining due to COVID-19, and there may be a delay. They added that it was unclear why Romero's contract wasn't renewed. Mouton is married to retired Air Force pilot Tony Maddog Mattox. This section will be updated as soon as information about her parents is available. She allowed cameras to follow her during the entire treatment process which included surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. For the treatment, Leslie experienced chemotherapy, radiation and even confronted hair fall issues. She has also worked for KENS 5, KTVT, WOLO TV, and, most recently, KSAT. Speaking of her profession, Leslie is best known for being an active contributor forKSAT 12 TV from the last 19 years. Leslie Mouton said. Notice the freckles. Read More Taylor Rooks Husband, Age, Height, Parents, Salary, Net WorthContinue. The toxicology report came back negative for cancer and Mouton was been given a clean bill of health. Gavin Newsom on Thursday. She is a former beauty pageant contestant as she competed in the Miss America 1991 and Miss USA 1995 pageants. Leslies impressive expertise and experience will go a long way in shining the spotlight on our ultra-accessible, fully-inclusive facilities for those with and without special needs., Now I look forward to sharing another important message, one of inclusion with the MWIF, Mouton said. Quotation[5] = "'FTVLive was the first site to break the Jay Leno story' - KNX Radio"; She became the host of the program Fox News @ Night in 2017. I will miss your morning laughter and humor and great personality every morning," one viewer wrote. Mouton has been named director of marketing and social media for the Morgan's. Well, she is married to a retired Air Force pilot, MajorTony Mattox. Leslie Mouton is a breast cancer survivor and award-winning broadcast journalist. In her post-television news life after many years with KSAT 12, Mouton was named social media director of Morgans Wonderland Inclusion Foundation (MWIF) in January 2021, Were delighted that Leslie has joined us in helping communicate the many ways were pursuing our mission of inclusion, said Gordon Hartman, who along with wife Maggie created non-profit Morgans Wonderland, thanks to inspiration from their daughter with special needs, Morgan. Soon after her message was posted, fans and viewers quickly commented, wishing her well and asking about her abrupt departure. Quotation[4] = "'FTVLive a TV news website that is often on the money' - LA Times"; Natalie McCann is an American news personality. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. All things considered, she is presently a volunteer of American Cancer Society and a boardmember from a non-profit group that furnishes protection to ladies doing combating with cancer. There, Leslie discussed how she experienced weight reduction by eating more beneficial sustenance in special seasons. She has been a broadcast journalist since 1988 and has worked at KSAT since 1999. In 2020, she resigned and joined Morgans Inclusion Initiative. In a social media post, KSAT's Leslie Mouton on Thursday announced an abrupt departure from the San Antonio TV. Mouton was the co-anchor of Good Morning San Antonio between 4:30 a.m-7:00a.m.[1] for KSAT-TV news, the ABC affiliate in San Antonio, Texas. "I am heartbroken beyond measure. TV anchors and reporters who San Antonio said goodbye to in 2019. KSAT is experimenting with Leslie anchoring from home to prepare for any stay-at-home order due to the novel coronavirus. He serves as the host of three prime-time programs; Dan Abrams Live on NewsNation, On Patrol: Live on Reelz, and The Dan Abrams Show: Where Politics Meets The Law on SiriusXMs P.O.T.U.S. Quotation[1] = "'The One-Man Website That Broke the Jay Leno Story' - About.com "; On the Nightbeat, Mouton takes viewers once again to the hospital for a one-year checkup to make sure she is. The book's proceeds go to education and research for breast cancer. After her departure from KSAT 12, TV news anchor Leslie Mouton is moving into the public relations field. Then: Class of 1994, Souderton High School in Pennsylvania. For more information including how to purchase tickets visit morganswonderland.comCandice.Garcia@express-news.net | Twitter @_candicegarcia, Retired TV anchor Leslie Mouton announces major career move, 'Real Damn Good Tour' adds New Braunfels stop in the summer, Cardi B speaks out on viral 'mean girls' TikTok at Astros game, Elisa Amigo as she looks on KABB-TV's 9 p.m. newscast. Detective Robert Dart left KSAT-12 after 13 years with the San Antonio TV station. Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved. // pattern, adding to the array. The 10 p.m. anchor said the ABC affiliate opted not renew her contract, adding that her last day on air was July 12. KSAT-12 Creative Services Director David Cuccio said they jokingly wrapped up his chair because everyone at the station has been getting sick lately from the flu and other illnesses. The Congressional Action for Cancer Awareness Award,