Meet the people at WRTV that make up our award-winning News Team. Governor Kernan announced that Press Secretary Mary Dieter and Chief of Staff Tim Joyce would reassigned to . Lawrence stepped away from television in 2021 to focus on her real estate career and get her broker's license. WTHR anchor Andrea Morehead says she's cancer free, Morehead says lawsuit tells 'small portion' of her mistreatment, Upcoming AMP food hall at 16 Tech to feature pizza, pastries and PB&J, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. "I think that I am a stronger journalist having stepped outside of the industry," she said. The next resource fair with toxic exposure screening will be held Saturday, May 13 at the Brownsburg VA Clinic, 557 Pit Road from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. PACT Act briefings will be held at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and at noon. IndyStar has also reached out to Morehead and her lawyer requesting comment. "Channel 13 has made a change to traffic operations. All rights reserved. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com. To my sweet John. Jalea has witnessed several communities come together to rebuild after devastation. DABL is available on the following cable systems: Charter/Spectrum: Ch. Outside of television, Felicia is a real estate investor and licensed real estate broker. We have a list of all the ways you can watch Eyewitness News. Reach her via email: dbenbow@indystar.com. "I grew up watching Channel 13, and it has been a dream come true working with and learning from the most talented journalists in the country at 13News.". "I want to show people at home that we can do this too. "Its true that I am taking that crucial step toward opening my heart, my mind, and my soul to walk with the wind, and continue to be an agent of good change for others," Morehead wrote. The previous owner, Dispatch Broadcast Group, held the station for 44 years. There's nothing greater than the Indianapolis 500, she said. She's been an anchor, reporter, TV Host, and radio commentator on ABC, NBC, CW, FOX affiliates, as well as nationally on FOX News Channel. "And they said, that's what we want. Pearce's post received more than 500 comments with many viewers outraged -- not only that Pearce was being let go from the station, but that it happened duringan uncertain time in America with the coronavirus outbreak. The station is owned by the Dispatch Broadcast Group of Columbus, Ohio, and is a sister station to Cozi TV affiliate WALV-CD (channel 46) and Columbus's CBS affiliate WBNS-TV (channel 10). 4 min read Taylor Tannebaum arrived in Indianapolis a few days before her 27th birthday. Scheduling and workplace adjustments during treatment were made difficult by management. We will seek solutions as well as expose problems and wrongdoing. We will provide editorial and community leadership. questo messaggio, invia un'email all'indirizzo She got her broker's license. Morehead is requesting that Tegna, Inc. pay lost wages and benefits, compensatory and punitive damages, attorney's fees, and other relief. Prior to WTHR, she was a TV Host on one of Chicago's premier morning . We strive to create for our employees an environment which offers professional and intellectual challenges, which encourages innovation and creativity, and which rewards success and effective teamwork. For all content licensing inquiries, please contact our representatives at TEGNA@nimia.com. As of this time, both DISH and DirecTV have refused our offer of permission, so NBC service via satellite is not available to Central Indiana subscribers outside of these counties. Working at WTHR-TV: 4 Reviews Review this company Job Title All Location All Ratings by category 2.7 Work-Life Balance 3.7 Pay & Benefits 2.3 Job Security & Advancement 2.3 Management 2.7 Culture Sort by Language Showing all 4 reviews Ok but not the perfect job All rights reserved. Aydanos a proteger Glassdoor verificando que eres una persona real. You can email Jalea directly at: jalea.brooks@wthr.com or connect with her on social media! I'm so grateful that this opportunity came about. Ben Hill, who has co-anchored WTHR-TV Channel 13's morning weekday news since 2016, is leaving Indianapolis for an anchor job in Nashville, Tennessee, WTHR announced Tuesday. Further, WTHRs coverage is available wherever and whenever people need it, whether online, on mobile devices, or even on popular streaming services. Since its founding in 1957, Central Indiana residents have relied on WTHR Channel 13, the NBC affiliate in Indianapolis, as the leader in local coverage. Longtime WTHR-TV Channel 13 news anchor Andrea Morehead claimed in a lawsuit filed last week that she was harassed and mistreated by colleagues and managers over several years as she waged a public battle with breast cancer. om ons te informeren over dit probleem. She traveled to Florida's panhandle to cover the aftermath of Hurricane Michael in 2018, and covered President Donald Trump's visit to Beauregard, Alabama after a deadly tornado in 2019. When "The Jam" wrapped last April, Lawrence decided to take a leap in a different direction. Two local TV stations have added anchors to their news staffs. He whispered in my ear, Those jeans fit you perfectly, she told IndyStar earlier this year. Purchase your ticket today. The University of Notre Dame joined the ACC in 2012, although it maintains independence in football. WTHR NBC is available over the air on Channel 13.1 and WALV, which carries MeTV programming, is on Channel 13.3. 2022-23 Looking for Talent? los inconvenientes que esto te pueda causar. Morehead announced she was cancer-free in March 2020. She was first on the scene for a number of violent tornadoes, providing real-time, life-saving information to those in need. She covered the Pacers. Alyssa was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. WTHR's commitment to bring the best local news coverage is clearly visible everyday. (Also diverse voices). Please enable JavaScript to view this content. "I just kind of took a moment to step back and everything and really ask myself what I wanted, and leaned into my entrepreneurism," she said. One of the primary fill-ins for weekday morning anchors and weekday morning . "Such conversations were a frequent occurrence within Andrea Moreheads work environment and were clearly poking fun at Andrea Moreheads unfortunate cancer diagnosis and the treatment she was receiving," Kinnard wrote in the complaint. We value feedback from our community, including story ideas as well as comments and corrections on our coverage. Jalea joined the 13News team in December 2020 after working as a morning anchor at Alabama News Network in Montgomery, AL. Sports reporter and anchor Taylor Tannebaum is ending a four-year stint at WTHR-TV Channel 13 to become a co-host of a daily show on the ACC Network, she disclosed Thursday. Q: How do I get a waiver so I can receive WTHR on my satellite dish? No specific dollar amount is mentioned in the lawsuit. Felicia is a big supporter of HBCUs. Nous sommes dsols pour la gne occasionne. Thank you for lending me an ear or a shoulder. Jalea Brooks is a Georgia native, who is excited to call Indiana home. Now that she's on the national stage, her mission hasn't changed. BE A GIANT. Congratulations and well wishes for Tannebaum poured in on social media when Tannebaum tweeted the news of her career change. Get the best news, weather, sports and traffic information from Channel 13. Indianapolis news anchor Andrea Morehead recently filed a lawsuit against her former employer in Indiana federal court. It's the same goal, no matter where I am.". Through a lawyer, Pearce responded to the IndyStar, saying she had no comment at this time other than "WTHR made changes to its traffic operations" and she can stillbe heard on WFMS. Box 33577 Northglenn, Colorado 80233 I really get to focus on my role as a TV personality, bringing you the facts and the opinions about the product, she said. Disculpa 2021-22 Hoosiers Talk About Why Indiana is a Great Place for Your Career, 2020-21 Todays College Students Older, Wiser, 2019-20 Former Indy 500 Driver Crosses College Finish Line, Goodman Campbell rebuilds after split from IU Health, Primary voters to choose Hogsetts path or Shacklefords vision, Emerging hardtech field offers opportunities, 2023 Engage Northwest Indiana Valparaiso. We report the news accurately, thoroughly and in context on all platforms. The show will air every weekday from 4-7 p.m. More:Creeps, threats and untraceable calls: Women who cover sports on TV share their stories. Aidez-nous protger Glassdoor en confirmant que vous tes une personne relle. SERVE OTHERS. I will forever be so grateful to cover it and I can guarantee you I will be back in May as a spectator., This article originally appeared on Indianapolis Star: Taylor Tannebaum leaving WTHR for ACC Network show, ACC PM, Creeps, threats and untraceable calls: Women who cover sports on TV share their stories, Taylor Tannebaum leaving WTHR for ACC Network show, ACC PM. The opportunity for the Florida State graduate to work for the ACC Network was a perfect fit. message, please email We will be vigilant watchdogs of government and institutions that affect the public. LACK OF BELIEF IN ONES SELF KILLS DREAMS SWIFTLY! Meet the WTHR Team. We will obey the law. Aug 6, 2022. "I was very straightforward with who I am," she said. ", "I hope that other little girls watching TV who look like me are excited," she said. Before coming to Indianapolis, she co-hosted "The Jam," a morning talk show,fora Chicago CW affiliate. Si continas recibiendo este mensaje, infrmanos del problema Pearce said she may talk further in the future. According to the Tegna website, the company owns 64 television stations and two radio stations in 51 markets across the country. She covered four Indy 500s. 15. The station houses two broadcast studios that feature the latest in automated studio technologies, including state of the art augmented reality and virtual sets. "I was like, thisis an opportunity not only at this legacy station, but also Indianapolis is a really cool city, a nice midsize city that's on its way. Upon his departure, Diaz and his family . 1:57. envie um e-mail para To have the opportunity to be myself as a young Black woman on television, to wear my hair in its natural curls, to be able to have the personality that I have, and to be able to do that in a position, hasn't always existed.". As an award-winning reporter she covered Alabama politics, local education, severe weather and plenty of breaking news in between. You may want to read:Upcoming AMP food hall at 16 Tech to feature pizza, pastries and PB&J. Her career ascent hasnt come without challenges. Live Doppler 13 Meteorologist - @angelabuchman. Please know that I will always be in your service.". Here are 8 other big tours skipping Indianapolis. Felicia Lawrence currently co-anchors the top rated 5pm news hour at WTHR-Channel 13 and contributes to the 11pm newscast. Tannebaum got a text Wednesday from an up-and-coming woman in the sports media business. WTHR is owned and operated by TEGNA Inc., an innovative media company that serves the greater good of its communities. Chris Sims is a digital sports producer at IndyStar. This impact areas including Georgetown, Galena, Lanesville, Crandall and Byrneville. We will be fair with people unaccustomed to dealing with the media. Breaking news, weather, sports and stories of interest from Indiana's News Leader. We will provide the news and information that people need to function as effective citizens. As a breaking news reporter, Felicia provided live national reports for FOX News Channel and other FOX affiliates across the nation. . TEGNA is proud to be a participant in the Trust Project. Taylor Tannebaum joined the WTHR-TV Channel 13 sports staff in 2018. Bob Segall. We are persistent in pursuit of the whole story. Here's a look at some of the key changes. Lawrence, whose first day on air was Feb. 8, has nearly 10 years of experience in TV. ein Mensch und keine Maschine sind. Jalea Brooks has joined WTHR-TV Channel 13 as a weekend morning anchor and weekday morning reporter. No matter what, it's going to be a good day. We do not mislead sources, story subjects or the public. The show launches Aug. 22 and will focus on football in the Atlantic Coast Conference. enviando un correo electrnico a Shes been an anchor, reporter, TV Host, and radio commentator on ABC, NBC, CW, FOX affiliates, as well as nationally on FOX News Channel. Dave Calabro took a shot on her not because she was a woman, but because she was going to be a star. At TEGNA, we believe that attracting a talented and diverse workforce is one of the keys to our success. 13News is Indiana's News Leader, with a commitment to engage and enrich the lives of the people in our community. Q: How can I e-mail a member of the WTHR staff? . We hold factual information on all platforms to the same standards of accuracy. 13News Consumer Reporter - @ChasingAllison. That could be a step for me.. Co-hosting a four-and- a-half hour morning show, she interviewed a number of celebrities, sitting down with big names like Tyler Perry, Morris Chestnut, Kid N Play, Anthony Hamilton, CeeLo Green and many others. Follow him on Twitter: @ChrisFSims. Story Continues Below. Many viewers took to Facebook to tellstories of how Pearce had helped them through the years. The lawsuit was filed in federal court Jan. 13. "Today I announce my . Emmy award-winning news anchor Andrea Morehead is suing the parent company of WTHR-TV Channel 13 after alleging that employees at the news station harassed and discriminated against her during her . Thank you for encouraging me to follow my dreams even if it means we . The lawsuit comes after a recent battle with breast cancer . Gina Glaros is an American journalist currently working as the Weekend Sunrise Anchor and Reporter for WTHR. Morehead saidthere is more to the story of the "pervasive and unconscionable treatment" at WTHR in the post and told how the experience stole "the pure joy of the profession to inspire and give hope to others.".